Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Wheel of Time Series

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Wheel of Time Series Empty
PostSubject: Wheel of Time Series   Wheel of Time Series Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 pm

Anyone else read this series!? If you have and havn't been following the news the original author Robert Jordan passed away but the series has been picked up and will be finished by Brandon Sanderson! Three more novels in the series are yet to come to finally finish this epic story!

I've yet to read any of Brandon Sanderson's work, but everywhere I go to read reviews, watch his video interviews and what is on his site; people are going nuts at how great a writer he is. Over the past year I've bought many of his novels:

• Elantris
  • Mistborn Trilogy
  • and getting the Warbreaker novel here very soon!

I'm greatly looking forward to Nov 3rd when the next Wheel of Time novel will be released!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sentrik

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Time Series   Wheel of Time Series Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Great book series! I picked up the first two a few months ago, and just got through reading them!
I plan on reading the rest, but right now I'm reading The Great Transformation by Karl Polanyi for an internship.

Philosophy books and economics books are great and stimulating, but every now and then I need a good novel.
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Time Series   Wheel of Time Series Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:13 pm

I heard they are doing a show based on this series, though I may be mistaken.

Also I'm currently reading the Sword of Truth series now, after having read the first book Wizard's First Rule (and it IS definitely better than the show), so I'm going to try to finish all 11 books soon. I'm on the 2nd one now.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Time Series   Wheel of Time Series Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:16 pm

Wizards First Rule was the book that got me into reading as a kid...well teenager. I just love that book, I read it once a year every year. I was not a huge fan of the rest of the series personally, my husband enjoyed them though.

We have also read Wheel of Time which is great, I don't know about a show but I know a gaming company has the rights...doubt they will do a mmo with it though.

If you haven't The Song of Ice and Fire series...the first three are fantastic....the 4th one not so much but the author broke his forth book up and released the first part only as the 4th book and was going to release the second part as the 5th but decided to rewrite second part and so we are waiting on the fifth book. The first three are definitely worth a read though!

Other than the new Dan Brown novel The Lost Symbol I will be reading children's books to prepare for student teaching and beyond :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Time Series   Wheel of Time Series Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:51 am

Some company did announce that a Movie, TV Show, MMO and other Games are in the works, but if any of it actually sees the light of day I doubt it. Quite frankly I hope they never do as 1 company just suddenly getting the rights after RJs death and gonna try and do all of them...yeah thats massive failure there and it'll ruin the memory of the series I think!

Looking forward the final 3 novels over the next 3 years though. Need to re-read them sometime!

Also Brialyn, I have yet to read the Song of Ice and Fire novels. I was buying them not to long ago, but ran into several orders of idiots listing full-size hardcover but when I got them they were book club editions....very fruious about that, so I only have bk.3 or maybe its 4 atm. Trying to find a good deal on them before I read. I prefer a full sized HC novel anyday.

Also you may wanna know that HBO is currently working on the Song of Ice and Fire TV series, each season will cover 1 book. I'm looking forward to that as HBO makes good shows and they don't have to make it G like Legend of the Seeker ....can do R....hehe No date set on when it'll air, but it is in production.

LotS is ok, but they've ripped the series up so bad from the books...its nuts. I mean the 1st season has stuff taken from as far as book 8 in the series that makes no sense, like Richards sister, and how they killed Darken Rahl was pathetic....the book way was so much better! Just don't understand why he's letting the show ruin the novels as bad as they've been sometimes...must be getting a huge paycheck as he hasn't visited the set once since he sold the rights to it....sigh I still watch it cause it funny, and i like the cast and it neat to see the characters I enjoy come to life, but I wish they'd follow a better set path.

Ah well....I'm kinda interested in Terry Goodkind's next series..."The Law of Nines" Could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Time Series   Wheel of Time Series Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am

I feel the same way about Legend of The Seeker as a show, I watch cause its a book I loved with characters I loved.

Thats cool that HBO is going to do Song of Ice and Fire, it is an awesome series! Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Time Series   Wheel of Time Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheel of Time Series
Page 1 of 1