Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series

Go down 
+2
Khalus Akuhei
Raijin Tsuji
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raijin Tsuji

List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Empty
PostSubject: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:55 pm

hands down my favorite book was the divine comedy. But my favorite series has to be either the bartimeus trilogy or the icemark chronicles. I also love anything terry prachet. hah harry potter BOO!!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Sword of Truth and Wheel of Time the most! Also the Mistborn Trilogy I'm sure I'll like if I ever start it, and a dozen other trilogies and single titles that I can't think of atm!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm a non-Dragon Lance Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis fan. I have a character named Kithcannon that people assume I picked the name up from Dragonlance but to be honest I never read it. ( Kith was a nickname of mine since the early 70's, it means family in either old scotts or celtic )
Darksword : First trilogy I ever read.
Rose of the prophet : real interesting mythos. Used it in a few games I ran.
Other authors:
Disk world
Hitchhikers guide to the universe
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:09 pm

disk world is by terry prachett that is a great book.

currently im reading the olympian series (lightning thief). on the second book,. and ive succomb to twilight and am on the third book(dare say it is rather fetching).
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Tinytimm wrote:
and ive succomb to twilight and am on the third book(dare say it is rather fetching).

ho boy, Run Away!!! Sorry but that series is ruining the Vampires we elders grew up on, and making em weak sissies with feelings...and they /cry rofl...
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Yep so far I love the Sword of Truth series. I have had a few other fantasy books that I can't quite recall atm (sleep deprived).
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Hey Aziel, did you ever get around to reading that "The Law of Nines" by Goodkind yet? I'm thinking about starting it here soon.
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:23 am

No, not yet. One time I was looking for it in B&N and I couldn't find it. I was in a hurry so I didn't bother to check it with customer service. I'll try again soon when I find the time. :)
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Raijin Tsuji

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 am

lol ho boy? whats that rofl, so sorry if i find the extreme over dramatic scenes depicted in the series to be hilarious.. i need a new series to start tho something ive never even heard of lol
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:31 am

Well you could read factoid books. That's all I read now that I am trying to write my own books. ( I have enough of an over active imagination, I don't need another authors help :P) Schott's Miscellany is one of my favorites.. But if you really need an obscure series to read you could always read all of Edger Allan Poe's works or Steven Kings none horror book,maybe throw in some Homer. You know, stuff no one reads any more ( well other then maybe King :P ) I told my son to read Macbeth and Romeo and Juliet before he read Harry Potter. He asked me if he could just watch the dvd's..grumble.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 am

Oh Steven King I never could get into, although his newest novel "The Dome" is it sounds interesting, but it was also picked up to be made into a TV show on HBO or maybe it was Starz...so I'll just wait for that instead!
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am

rofl, macbeth is good. never got into edgar allen poe's stuff ill have to look into that,
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 am

I can only get myself to read fantasy novels. I love sci-fi shows but can't get myself to read a book on it. I'm sure there are some really good books out there, but if I'm not like 100% interested in something, reading it is a waste of time, oh and I enjoy reading cook books!

Its fun to see something that looks really good, but twist it into something slightly different to ones own preferences, is how I do most of my cooking...look at others creations then be like oh if I did this and that, I'd get ...... I'm very creative with food!
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:21 pm

that kinda worries me actually haha
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:24 am

Quote :
oh and I enjoy reading cook books!

Its fun to see something that looks really good, but twist it into something slightly different to ones own preferences, is how I do most of my cooking...look at others creations then be like oh if I did this and that, I'd get ...... I'm very creative with food!

You have no choice to make someting to eat every day. might as well make it fun!

=D. The kids dont always love it but. lol

Im with you on this one.. I like doing that too.

I loved the Dune books and all the Drizzt series.

I loved the charackter devlopment in Salvators books. (most like him for the fight description.)

Its really sad its turned into suck a cash cow by now, but i do understand the need to pay rent.

The original 6 books are a must read in my opinion.

Dune... well Thats just not for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 am

Never could get into Dune, nor have I read the Drizzt series. So many other things on my plate I doubt I'd ever have time even I wanted too.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:29 am

I started reading Drizzt when i was mabe 13 or 14.
Befor he got well known. That was my ad&d phaze.

I gess i really related to Drizzt and his diffilculty's fiting into his world.

I dont think id identify with him so well at this stage of my life were I to read his books for the first time now.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Sword of Truth and Wheel of Time the most! Also the Mistborn Trilogy I'm sure I'll like if I ever start it, and a dozen other trilogies and single titles that I can't think of atm!

Exact same books for me as well. Wheel of Time probably being my all time top favs, but a lot of others quickly follow behind it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series   List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List your favorite fantasy fiction book or series
Page 1 of 1