Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?

Go down 
+16
Monk Deode
Xzen Corvus
Cecilia White
Lathara
Musufasa Truecheuss
Elocke Sern
Raijin Tsuji
Theft
Ianthe Reine
Kith
Tareith
Khalus Akuhei
Luxtra Vherr
Satha Kuuetsija
Citrond
Foju Kaisiepo
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which Platform will you play FFXIV on?
PS3
Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Empty26%Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Empty
 26% [ 6 ]
PC
Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Empty74%Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Empty
 74% [ 17 ]
360 ( assuming it's included )
Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Empty0%Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Lathara

Lathara

Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:16 am

Both PC and PS3 for me so I can play with my girlfriend at the same time.. Or round my friends house without having to haul my pc up there.
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:07 pm

definitely PC. I started FFXI on PC and always played it that way. Plan to do the same for FFXIV.
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 am

There isn't and option for both?
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 am

I'm tryin to get my computer a little upgrade before the release to make my gaming experience better. Any ideas and what would be the best thing to upgrade for this game. I mean like what would be one of the more important pieces of hardware to upgrade for this scope of a game. Video card? Processor? I can give my specs later when I remember them.
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:39 am

Rosa Raevyn wrote:
I'm tryin to get my computer a little upgrade before the release to make my gaming experience better. Any ideas and what would be the best thing to upgrade for this game. I mean like what would be one of the more important pieces of hardware to upgrade for this scope of a game. Video card? Processor? I can give my specs later when I remember them.

If you post your specs I can try and see what you would need to upgrade on the cheap... or if price isn't a problem....
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:42 am

thanks I'll post them soon
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Satha Kuuetsija wrote:
Definitely PC. Not only is mine more powerful than a PS3, but I have a 3D ready monitor! That means it has a refresh rate of 120hz, double the normal. Plus if I ever decide to get the 3D glasses, I'll be able to play FFXIV in 3D! Onigiri XD

Putting on 3D glasses does not give you instant 3D, the game has to support it too.
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:51 pm

I have the nvidia 3d vision, so I've Play WoW, COD4 and other games in 3D.
It's not the game that needs to support it, it's Nvidia's drivers.

Down side to 3D is the eye strain... I can only play with the glasses on for about an hour.
Back to top Go down
Kirita Peregrina

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:08 am

PC here
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:55 am

Jhereg Taltos wrote:
Satha Kuuetsija wrote:
Definitely PC. Not only is mine more powerful than a PS3, but I have a 3D ready monitor! That means it has a refresh rate of 120hz, double the normal. Plus if I ever decide to get the 3D glasses, I'll be able to play FFXIV in 3D! Onigiri XD

Putting on 3D glasses does not give you instant 3D, the game has to support it too.

FFXIV is already built-in with nVidia's 3D Vison, as are quite a few other games, its just not heard of being used much cause its been a really expensive to get set-up with technology until recent years.

Johari Phoenix wrote:

Down side to 3D is the eye strain... I can only play with the glasses on for about an hour.

I don't think I've ever seen anything in today's 3D yet, but I'm sure it would give me a headache and I already have horrible migraines so I doubt I'd ever get into the tech. Personally I don't see 3D on a large scale sticking around very long, besides on a small scale handheld device like Nintendo's 3DS or for personal PCs.

Its like the world was only recently forced to upgrade to digital and HDTVs that are still way overpriced, and now they're trying to force 3D on us with new TVs that cost even more...anyway...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Diesel Takumashii

Diesel Takumashii

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:12 am

I have to agree about this 3-D phase... It should not last to long, But if you are really into 3-D and have a 8000 and up nvidia card then all you really need is the blue and red lens glasses.. Might make your brain explode, does after about 10 min... lol
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:10 am

I wonder how the red/blue glasses well work with these games... never had a chance to try it, I just used the shutter glasses that came with the 3d vision.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2