Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?

Go down 
+9
Johari Fenix
Xao
Diesel Takumashii
Citrond
Foju Kaisiepo
Arlind
Baldrick
Soten Enki
Khalus Akuhei
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Empty
PostSubject: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Quote :
In regards to the PC version, the game will utilize the most current version of Direct X that is out when beta testing begins. This goes for Operating System as well. Similarly, they do not specify Vista or Windows 7 as an operating system, saying again that it will depend on what is out at the time. For those of you looking to prep a new PC, Tanaka claims they are really looking to get on the cutting edge of technology with this installment. Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

Sounds like we're going to need a very beefy machine to run this well at launch if they're planning to have XIV run on an average machine 5 years from now! rofl As fast as technology changes and updates, everything today in 5 years will be a dozen or more upgrades behind! I believe it was SOE that did this same strategy with EQII and this year 4-4.5 years later are when an average PC have started to run it well and close to if not maxed out!

I'm planning to do everything possible to have my machine upgraded to the latest by launch. I've already started with a new 40" HDTV and a new nVidia GTX 275 896mb VC! Sometime next year I'll be upgrading my Motherboard and CPU, as well at my RAM from DDR2 to DDR3! For now my machine destroys everything at maximum settings in 1600*1200 resolution!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Yeah I'm planning on upgrading the video card...hope to hear that the game will support SLI but not going to hold my breath. I will be upgrade some ram too, I currently have 4 gigs ddr2.

I'm thinking about a GeForce 9800 1024mb...found a pretty nice one on newegg for pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:52 pm

Brialyn wrote:
Yeah I'm planning on upgrading the video card...hope to hear that the game will support SLI but not going to hold my breath. I will be upgrade some ram too, I currently have 4 gigs ddr2.

I'm thinking about a GeForce 9800 1024mb...found a pretty nice one on newegg for pretty cheap.

How much is it, cause I too almost bought a 9800 for $129 then found out that its not much more powerful than an 8800 which I had. EVGA recently launched a new series GTX 275 for $250 which I have now and from benchmark tests its rated as the 2nd best card u can get right now. Clocks in better than the 285, and is 1/2 the power of the 295 which is the best card out atm!

Check this chart of tests I compiled showing the power of the 8800 compared to the GTX 275:

Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? NVidia-8800-275-285-295

Here got a benchmark of the 9800 VCs out atm, the 9800GXT+ was the one for $129 I was looking at before I decided on the GTX 275!

Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? 9800-Scores
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:47 pm

Oh thanks for the info!! I will look into that!
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:33 pm

I built my comp for AoC since my older computer ran at 5 fps. So hopefully it runs the new FF well.
I got a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9450 @2.66 GHz. 4gbs Ram Raedon 4870 OC card. 1GB.

If they doesn't get good FPS and graphics I will cry.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Nice PC....I'm sure it'll scale and run just fine on all that we have, but even though I always say I don't care about the best of the best graphics...for Final Fantasy XIV I do.

I'm sure hoping this will be the next MMO to finally plop down and into for many years, unlike everything else I get bored with in a few weeks or a month!
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:45 pm

I agree I play WoW for any longer then 20 minutes and my eyes start shutting. Although It's great for when I want to go to sleep. 20 Minutes and Im out for the night :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:10 am

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143162

BFG Tech BFGE98512GTXPOCBE GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

That was the one I was looking at for $125, $250 is still a little steep...cause whatever I do to my computer the husband is going to want done to his lol.

I currently have a 8800 GT not sure if it's worth it or not.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:13 am

Well, if you can run FFXI and anything you plan to play currently until FFXIV, then I don't see the need to upgrade just yet! Wait until FFXIV nears closer and we get final specs and all these cards are gonna come down in price by then!

One thing you also have to watch for is the size of the card you buy and make sure your case has room for it. the 8800GTS I had was only 8in, but this new GTX 275 is 10.5inches...I had less then 1/4 of space to fit it in there....thankfully the developers were smart enough to put the 2, 6-pin power slots on the side of the card instead of the end!
Back to top Go down
Baldrick

Baldrick

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 am

Well I'm all but PC illiterate so when time comes to upgrade and whatnot I'm gonna be callin on you all for help. Yea I can turn it on and check my e-mail, hell I can even install a program or two alone but much deeper than that and I'm lost ( it's not quite that bad - but you get the point ). Not to have anyone thinking I'm stupid, it's just that my time on the pc is spent gaming rather than learning lol. I actually thought of getting a PS3 to play it on but I don't know yet. I played XI on the PS2 and PC and it ran smoother on my PS2. Just giving fair warning though, gonna be bugging ya to death as launch approaches.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:24 am

All good, I've been building PCs for myself, family and friends for over 10 years!
Back to top Go down
Baldrick

Baldrick

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 am

With that statement you just set yourself up as my goto guy, so be ready.
Back to top Go down
Arlind

Arlind

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Heh.... My PC can handle any game out right now so I dont think that will be an issue. Hopefully they will still allow the game to work on XP64 bit as I hated Vista... whats worse is I spent 300 bucks on it too. :/ I may update to Windows 7 though as it seems to run a bit better. I have the beta on my PC right now. RC1.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Windows 7 is very nice, been using it for a month or so now, and I do plan to somehow get the money for it come release!
Back to top Go down
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:32 pm

hoho. actually what i need now is a new 24"Monitor, because i am going to play on PS3, =(

and i currently only using a 19", so my only main upgrade concern are Monitor really

just need to see what to get, it's gonna be either Dell or Samsung, i hope by the time FFXIV is out, the price will be cheaper by then
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:15 pm

if they do it the way they did FFXI, you'll need a PC about as strong as a PS3. So probably don't need the most amazing stuff to play it, because it's going to have to run on a PS3 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Takumashii

Diesel Takumashii

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:10 pm

I have this

i7 920 running at 3.2
Gpu 295 running around 25% more then stock
x58 mob
ddr3 6gb
1000w psu
vista 64 = Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:05 am

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 920 Processor (4x 2.66GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

Memory: 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1333 Triple Memory Module

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 – 896MB - Single Card

And 10% Overclock :).

I'm assuming since it lets me run everything else on max settings, I shouldn't have any issues with XIV. The cool thing is the game comes out the day before my birthday. So I'm getting it as a gift rather than having to buy it xD.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:42 am

So are you planning on joining us Xao? I know we had our differences in the past, but the past is the past, and we have an amazing group of friendly members this time.
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:06 am

Well, me and some old Aion Legion mates that still talk on our forums will be testing it out. Seeing as how we never got the chance to CBT xD. But if I end up having as much fun as I did with FFXI, sure, I'd join :).

I know there is a Guildleve system which basically assigns missions that help you earn Gil and what not, but is the Linkshell system still in place? I've tried googling info on that but can't seem to find anything. I kind of like being able to be in several LS's because it made it easier to keep in touch with all my friends, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com
Diesel Takumashii

Diesel Takumashii

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:34 am

I think we will have the opportunity to OB test the game for those that dident get in the cbt, but I'm not sure if it will be a select few.. Also, I'm not sure if we are gonna get a solid reply from our questions cause we are in the wrong forum....LOL
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:47 am

FFXIV is playable, on my system.
I just get low frame (about 20-25) and whenever I move the video is a little choppy.

I'm going upgrade my motherboard and Video card here soon but for the time being I'm going to have stick with my current system setup, for the next few months.

Geforce 9600 GTX 512mb DDR3 (the bare minimum the game requires)
4GB DDR2 RAMM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4ghz)
Win7 64 bit
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:44 am

Johari,

You might just be able to get away with a GPU upgrade, then overclock that Q6600. I have the same CPU and when I OC'ed it from 2.4 to 3.0, I got a nice performance boost in-game. The Q6600 quad-core takes to overclocking quite nicely... 3.0 is a 25% boost without any voltage adjustments and it's 100% stable, so long as you have a good heatsink installed.

More RAM might be prudent as well. I'd only get a new mobo if you're upgrading the CPU as well, otherwise it's just a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 pm

I don't have the cooling require for Overclocking, and the performance it would give would be minor, compared to getting a new video card.
The new MB is needed for said new video card... I wouldn't be getting it otherwise.
See my MB doesn't have a PCI-e x16 2.0 slot, which the Geforce 460 I'm looking at needs.
The MB is $95 (works with all my current parts) and the GPU is $200.
I'll have to wait til December before I can do this upgrade...
My Aunt lent me $400 to fix my car.
So I have to pay her back 1st before dropping the $300 on the MB/GPU.
Tax time I'm planning on using my Tax refund to pick up a gaming laptop.
It's ASUS 17" with 3.2 ghz i7 quad and a Geforce 430 GPU

Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:29 pm

My current mb runs PCI-e 2.0 at x8... my GTX 460 works perfectly.

I actually noticed a greater benchmark score increase overclocking my 6600 than when I went from a GTX 260 to a GTX 460...

with my GTX 260 and CPU @ 2.4gHz I had a score of about 3250 on low.
GTX 460 and CPU @ 2.4gHz I had a score of 3450.
GTX 460 and CPU @ 3.0gHz score went to 3850.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?   Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is your PC good enough to run FFXIV!?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next