Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV

Go down 
+4
Soten Enki
Fossilfied
Khalus Akuhei
Kith
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kith

Kith

Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:49 pm

These are the top 5 things I would like to see that felt left out in FFXI:

#1) MANTHRA. I love mithras but the gender specific galka and mithra races was always a let down for me. I can understand galkas being anamorphic or whatever SE called it but manthras where in the lore. So, I want playable manthras. (( though I will still play a female named Katmando )

2) Jump and Swim..How often have we tripped over a small stone and thought..I should just be able to hop over that? Or swim across a lake?

3) flying mounts. Chocobos aside some sort of flying craft would reduce the endless wait for the air ship and force people to explore a little more.

4) I would have said solo ability but it seems this is being addressed so I will say more customization of character looks. 50,000 tarus all walking around with my top knot used to make me one grumpy little blm.

5) Under wishful thinking..Instance like areas for hnml / raids. Fighting for kirin pop items killed end game for me : /

Things I do not want to see
1) Maat or anything looking like limit break quests.
2) The Dunes. If we have to have a lower level party area please make it colorful.
3) Sepher - anything named characters. Or cloud for that matter.
4)lack of mandies..I love killing mandies and I will be rather upset if there are no mandies to kill.
5) Any job being forced to solo, or try to because it is not perfect for tp burn.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Good points, and yeah the Mandragoras were always fun to kill! Flying Mounts would be a nice addition.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:19 am

Some good points, I would love to see some more customization options for sure this time around.
Back to top Go down
Fossilfied

Fossilfied

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Gonna have to agree with most of those yeah, i would love to see most if not all or more the jobs in 14, thatll make me super happy :)
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:49 pm

One thing I would love to see is gear that is currently equipped be removed from your bags. instead of just sitting there taking up space.
Back to top Go down
Heartlessz

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:11 pm

hmm id have to say

1-Deeper Character Customization-and maybe another race
2-More variations of transportation
3-Different mobs then jus a stronger version than the previous ones
(wild rabbit,forest hare,steepe hare
4-Being able to own stock or build hideouts in fields maybe(i dunno it just came to mind)
5-Something like a party lobby...where ppl actually see those who want to party instead of running around randomly asking ppl
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/460534571

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:21 pm

1.) more customization options!! Tired of all the white haired 6A running around :hehehe:

2.) don't make my equipment take up bag space ^^

3.) a few more transportation options once we have visited an area once.

4.) manthra!

5.) keep the need for some skill, don't hold my hand for the whole game like WoW and others. I will enjoy some solo stuff but don't make it a way to get to level cap.
Back to top Go down
Kioshi

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:46 am

Personally, I'd like to see a revamp of the battle system. Personally I don't like the delay in "switching" from "normal" stance to "battle" stance, especially since there is a glitch where your character gets frozen and can't move if they get a spell cast on them. Although the one thing I did like about that is that it separated battle and normal modes easily and you can tell when you attack something (unlike WoW).

I also would like to see greater character customization and hopefully a lot new jobs and not just old ones that are redone (aside from WAR, WHM, RDM, etc. because those are classics and you gotta of those).

Also, a healthy balance of being able to solo along with grouping. One thing that ruined FFXI for me in the long run is the lack of parties even with the new level sync system, but then again maybe that was just my server.

And as someone mentioned, as much as I'd hate for SE to copy WoW, I actually love the instance idea because it really does suck spending hours upon hours getting pop items only to have the one you need stolen by RMT or another LS.

Which brings up something else that concerns me as well as everyone else: RMT. I hope SE will have a better system in place that will detect these activities quicker and easier. WoW does have them but it's easy to make money in that game anyway because of the high return values on items being sold to NPCs, which is something else I'd like to see in this game as well because it really does suck to have the AH and rare items being the only sources of income aside from crafting.

Other than that, I hope SE learns from their previous mistakes and builds upon them.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Instances are nice, but come on SE, learn how to use them properly.

My list of what I want:
1) FF jobs, with no sub jobs. Give us slots to equip specific abilities from other leveled jobs (similar to blu). Want low level whm spells? Level a main job to a level that has (ie: whm to say, 30) it to unlock it. This will allow for much more dynamic combinations than the leveling of warrior only for provoke.

2) Forced grouping for quests and missions. I don't want this to be a primary solo game. If you took away the requirement for people to need help, you lose part of what makes the FFXI community so awesome. Nobody can solo their way up to 75 and it really does make for a friendlier community. I'm ok with relaxing it a little (drop rates and such), but overall..it needs to require some help to do things.

3) All non tradable/sellable quest items take up no space in your inventory, they are key items.

4) Of course, much more up to date character creation options. It's 2010 (well, when it comes out) and we want options to make ourselves look somewhat unique.

5) Difficulty. I cannot say this enough, do not water things down just because a few people complain loudly. SE's been pretty good about this in the past and I think they will do a good job in this regard. From crafting, to missions and spells. What made achieving accomplishments so special was because it wasn't handed to you.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:35 pm

Ohai! Khalus knows me from both TTH and our shortlived guild in Warhammer...

The one thing I wish we could have in XIV above all other things, is the Viera... the bunnygirls from... 12 I think, or was it 13?

But Id also like the common emotes and functions like walk and sit and sleep. :)
Maybe some way of having cosmetic items like dresses.
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:34 pm

Outfits are a must. Fluff items in terms of outfits will make me level tailoring (as it's done many, many times in the past). I'm just hoping we'll get full length ones instead of the half dress/yukata restrictions they had in FFXI.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:11 am

Oh heya Kitsunegirl, glad to have ya back here finally...hehe Dun worry FFXIV will have tons of emotes, FFXI did, all but sitting in chairs.

Still hoping they won't be adding a jump feature, on one hand that would open tons of new styles of gameplay, but also entice the tards into causing mayhem. I just don't see a reason jumping would be needed yet...
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:27 am

They've already said they wouldn't have jumping in FFXIV, no worries there. It's one of those things that needs to be planned at the development stage considering how much it can factor into building every level in the game.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:34 am

Thats very good to hear...
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:11 pm

No jumping is fine..as long as there are no invisible walls. (( you guys know what areas from FFXI I am talking about :P ))

Emots ..well..I must admit I am the creator of the taru pony/ leg hump emot ( lowers head in shame) I have no idea if it ever went beyond Seraph but if it did I do apologize if you or a loved one was emotionally scared by this emot. It went as follows:
/em wants to ride a pony or /em feels randy
/welcome
/panic
/panic

If I recall right a wait 1 between each was all that was needed. I came up with it during a really bad Garrison ( no rest, stupid kite refused to kite the yag out by the rock)and with in a week all of Seraph had tarus walking up to tall folk to demonstrate proper lag humping / corpse desecration.
Having seen what can happen when an innocent emot is corrupted by evil tarus I have my fears of things to come. Though a Galka with a /field goal emot would be fun in those 4/5'ths taru parties :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV   Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 things I would like to see in FFXIV
Page 1 of 1