Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Scott Hartsman on all things Rift!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Scott Hartsman on all things Rift! Empty
PostSubject: Scott Hartsman on all things Rift!   Scott Hartsman on all things Rift! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Linky to the article...

Quote :
We sat down for a chat with Trion Worlds’ Scott Hartsman, the Executive Producer on RIFT: Planes of Telara, and asked the questions that you put to us last week in our community interview callout. Here’s what he had to say:
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Scott Hartsman on all things Rift!   Scott Hartsman on all things Rift! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 12:06 pm

hmmm good interview, im really liking rift
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Scott Hartsman on all things Rift!   Scott Hartsman on all things Rift! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:15 pm

one think i like the most about rift is the non instanced event. and invasions.... now thats what i call massive... still buggy tho, last night i joined invasion group against huge war golems... killed 1 and the next one we got it to 1/2 hp then it suddenly disappears and respawned in full hp... decided to logout right after.

and you can get overwhelmed lots of times in this game... mobs can spawn on top of you endlessly.... which i don't really like. engaged 1 mob another 2 aggroed, killed 2 of em and another 2 spawned and instant aggro.... you know what happened next....

also the one scott hartsman mentioned regarding smart engine that can detect number of players in certain areas... well i got a bitter taste part of it... i was alone in an area with just 2 or 3 mobs around.... decided to engage 1 of em, then a group of players came... suddenly the whole room was packed with newly spawned and aggressive mobs... again you know what happened next.
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: Scott Hartsman on all things Rift!   Scott Hartsman on all things Rift! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:13 am

Great game so far in beta, I'm having a blast. Putting together a party has been pretty easy too. A death Invasion started up while I was questing and the few people i was around jumped together pretty quickly. We rolled through the few Rifts around us and then decided to do some hunts and one thing led to another. We ended up sticking it out for a few hours and 5-manning a few lvl 35 Life Rifts.

I'm pumped about tearing it up at release. Knowing what I know now about the game (minus any of the changes along the way), I'll be ready for raids pretty quick. This being my first tank class, I'm glad I've gotten plenty of adaptation time for group dynamics before I became an anathema at launch lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Hartsman on all things Rift!   Scott Hartsman on all things Rift! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Hartsman on all things Rift!
Page 1 of 1