Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Good Morning

Go down 
+3
Khalus Akuhei
Roan Varuna
Vexia Ravenlocke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vexia Ravenlocke

Vexia Ravenlocke

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:12 am

Good Morning all,

I wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce myself. I have been a dedicated for years now in the world of the MMO. Longing for something new with great potential I have been very excited about the new FF coming out and would like to start off the right way with good folks by my side while I really start absorbing the content.

My experiences:
Started off in EQ a few months after release, back when the good ol' days were working towards lvl 50, where running through Kithkor at night was considered suicide, where a corpse run was expected, and where true adventure was rewarded.
After many years of fun our guild over the years decided to break away and let life take us different directions, we still keep in touch but have bounced from game to game looking for a familiar community feel. Myself, I have played many roles, shoulder to cry on, officer, tank, dps, etc. But mainly I have focused on enjoying my time on line. If I am dedicating attention on something I want to do the best I possibly can and work with like minded souls that want to have fun, accomplishing goals, and earning my way.

I hope you all the best on the upcoming release and look forward to any questions comments anyone might have. Be well,

Volt
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Nice to meet ya Volt.

It's great to have yet another social player in the ranks. Things are looking real good for September.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:48 pm

Hiya, and nice to have ya looking forward to that long lost adventuring from days yonder. I personally believe XIV will fill that void for many years yet to come, and finding such an LS that wishes to experience it all and play an MMO properly as they should be, and in the company of like-minded and hopeful friends eventually is an excellent first step...hehe!

Now then, before we go any further, and this does come up from time to time, I'm gong to have to ask that you come up with a better, unique fantasy name that follows our naming policy, with which to garner membership with us. Full details are on our Info page, so please get back to us and we'll go from there...thx
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Vexia Ravenlocke

Vexia Ravenlocke

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks for the replies all, name wise Volt is just the name I have had back in EQ days. For FFXIV I doubt it will be what I will be going by. Most likely I was going to use my recent character name of Vexia Ravenlocke, hopefully that will jive with the convention. If not let me know, the name is 1/100th of the fun!

~V
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Welcome! Another one that likes challenges and a feeling of accomplishment, nice :p

I actually like the name Volt! It's not very unique but it's not out of the question in terms of fantasy character names (without the "74" of course, numbers are so 90s!)

Vexia is also pretty cool though, and it has that uniqueness. But you're right, at the end of the day who cares what your name is, as long as we're all having fun and we're all enjoying each other's company :)
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Volt74 wrote:
Thanks for the replies all, name wise Volt is just the name I have had back in EQ days. For FFXIV I doubt it will be what I will be going by. Most likely I was going to use my recent character name of Vexia Ravenlocke, hopefully that will jive with the convention. If not let me know, the name is 1/100th of the fun!

~V

Ah there we go, now thats more like it! Sorry if the naming policy I came up with sounds like I'm forcing players to choose a name that I like, as its not that way. {though some that rage quit over my decisions and chewed me out in PMs I suppose beg to differ...hehe} It all ties in with the unique style of our Linkshell, which has a great deal more focus on the casual/social and community parts of an MMO, and from my and many others experiences in other MMOs doesn't seem to exist anymore.

As an example, search around for other FFXIV Linkshells, and you'll find that about 90% of the others are all talking about End-Game already, and rushing to the cap, and require these long applications with detailed specific one will be logging in and playing, and other nonsensical info to join. Its like what fun is that...where is their social community and wanting to explore and most of all have fun and do it together!?

In the process of creating this LS and writing our Info page, I found it necessary to be more insistent on names being as unique as possible; reflecting back a little of that player behind the KB. Everyone has a name that jives with them and fills them out more than another and thats what I strive for visitors to use instead of just a random whatever name.... Good Morning 402589

Well, membership granted, and do log in now with your complete new name next time to gain access to our forums. Looking forward to talking with ya more. BTW, are you the Voltlives from MMORPG cause I do enjoy your responses over there!?
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:02 am

Welcome to the LS. ^^
Back to top Go down
Vexia Ravenlocke

Vexia Ravenlocke

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Hehe yes indeed, Voltlives would be me. Every now and then when I get a free moment at work I dive in to the pool over there. Off to get my little girl some breakfast, talk with you folks later.

~V
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

Reirn Naitsu

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:10 pm

welcome to the guild and forum ^_^ hope you like it here, I know I do ^_^/
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Good Morning 402589
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

Dachartach Arnductas

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:27 am

Yep, welcome to the party!

Yippy-kai-yay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Good Morning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Morning
Page 1 of 1