Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

GoG.com {GOOD old Games}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

GoG.com {GOOD old Games} Empty
PostSubject: GoG.com {GOOD old Games}   GoG.com {GOOD old Games} Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:03 pm

Just found this site that doesn't go live until later this month, but sounds like a fricken sweet idea!

1UP wrote:

It's a little-known secret shared by old people everywhere that things used to be better back in the good old days. You know, before everything started sucking. Thankfully, the folks at CD Projekt -- the Polish game studio behind last year's excellent PC action role-playing game The Witcher -- understand this. Which is why, in addition to making their own new games, they're also about to launch a new website, Good Old Games (GOG.com), where curmudgeonly old folks and curious youngsters can download -- dirt cheap and DRM free -- classic PC games from the days of yore, all completely rejiggered to run under Windows XP and Vista.

Blessed with a fancy-pants beta press account, handed out to ensure enthusiastic coverage -- like what you're seeing here -- I recently made my way over to GOG.com and, for a mere $5.99, downloaded Fallout 1 (complete with PDF manual, screensavers, and the soundtrack). A mere 10 minutes later, I was playing this classic PC RPG in full screen on my 23-inch widescreen monitor, with nary a problem or incompatibility in sight. And once I purchased the game, I could now redownload it to any PC, for free, as many times as I wanted.

Can't wait to see the list of classic GOOD games available and they're all DRM free and work on XP and Vista! So many older games I'd love to play again but can't due to needing a DOS emulator or something else weird to work around! hehe Wonder how well they're going to work with newer sound cards as well...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

GoG.com {GOOD old Games} Empty
PostSubject: Re: GoG.com {GOOD old Games}   GoG.com {GOOD old Games} Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:13 pm

Woo Hoo! I've been wanting to play System Shock 2 and XCom again for a long, long time. Hopefully they are going to be available.
Back to top Go down

GoG.com {GOOD old Games}
Page 1 of 1