Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Question...

Go down 
+2
Khalus Akuhei
Arlind
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Arlind

Arlind

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:31 pm

Did anyone see if SE stated we would be able to bring our FFXI characters over to the new game or not? I could of sworn I seen this stated somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:35 pm

No you won't be able to....entirely different world, lore, etc. At most they've stated that we may be able to transfer our character names and possibly our LS name!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Malicee

Malicee

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:33 pm

It's not because they didn't want to but that it was technically impossible.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:12 am

Would also be kinda dumb bring an already established and leveled up character into a new game and instantly at the end-game!
Back to top Go down
Malicee

Malicee

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:21 am

True, I'm not sure how it would work anyway.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:32 am

I for one am looking forward to a new MMO, from scratch!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:10 pm

More interested in a fresh start myself. If I wanted to play a 75 I would be on Kith every day still.I know you will be able to keep your friends list but past that I think they want a clean cut from Pol which I think is the issue with any character trans overs.As well as a fresh restyle of all the jobs. My understanding is they at this point in time will have a one job per toon set up. This may change down the line or it may lead to " advance" jobs. FFXI one toon could have every job, this would be hard to transfer for folks with numerous 75 jobs on one character.
Back to top Go down
Kioshi

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:07 pm

I really hope not. Although one reason they wouldn't allow this (even if it was possible) was that they would wanna keep people in FFXI especially if they wanted to return. Plus, I'm looking forward to starting over. It'll be a lot of fun especially in a new game such as this.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 pm

Everyone starting off on the same foot is something most MMOs are pretty committed to. I've seen they want to be able to transfer friend's list and LS but that's about it. I'd be far less interested if people could transfer a character over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question...
Page 1 of 1