Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zzrik

Question Empty
PostSubject: Question   Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:35 pm

I found this site from MMORPG.com user Khrymson. Hope this is the right place to post this..

I have played FF11 on and off since it released on PC in the US. I played for a month or two last year around May I believe and I go to look at my account today to possibly renew it on the 1st of the billing cycle and says my account is banned.....

I do not even have a lvl75 on any class (highest is like 39 SAM) and majority of the time I kept to myself ingame. So I have no idea why my account would get banned. The last thing I remeber doing is removing my credit card off my account as I did not want it to auto renew (was not sure if this was the correct way of canceling my subscription).

I read up on the billing error bannings back in May last year. Am I vicitm of that and how do I go about getting my account back?

I put in a support ticket for SE but looks like they are not open until tomorrow. Do you think they will be any help or am I screwed? I mean I COULD start over but already made a decent amount of money and got to Rank 4 or 5 in Sandy and half the jobs unlocked already that I really would not want to start over.

Any tips?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:41 pm

That would be me, I'm Khrymson over there.

Lets see, it would be best to try and contact them via live POL chat found on their support website, or call them directly. Sounds like your account may have been the victim of being hacked which has been quite rampant lately, or you removed your CC info before a final payment that was due and they will ban from non-payment also. You'd have to talk to them to get all the details.

If it turns out you were hacked it would take weeks prolly to recover your account and you may not get everything back. Personally since FFXI CS is handled by Sony, I'd just take the loss and start over...its never easy to get a char unbanned and they may just tell ya its not possible too. Its really not that difficult to get back to where ya were, and even more fun with a good LS from the start that helps too.

Last edited by Khalus on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Zzrik

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Well it has happened before were the last payment did not go through and a few months later when I got the urge to play again I had to pay 2 payments, the back payment and the current payment.

Now this kind of has thrown me off on wanting to play again :/. I guess I will wait until they reply.

I do not think it is a case of my account getting hacked as I am an MMO 'whore' and this would be my first one to get hacked. Not really sure how they could even get the info without also getting the info for the other games that I have played/play.

/frustrated

But thank you for the help :D
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Because the RMT folk on FFXI are more desperate than ever and have resorted to hacking accounts as an easier method to obtaining gil and farming until they get the account banned. There are so many anti-RMT measures in FFXI that its not a profit for them anymore to keep buying accounts and getting banned...so they hack...even SE has said this is the case.

Not saying this is what happened to you, and is more than likely a payment issue since you claim its happened before, but yeah I'd check with SE and see what they say, but I'd try and contact them as I said above...I've never gotten an email response quickly, and you can get much faster details and resolution through live contact!
Back to top Go down
Zzrik

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Ya I have tried the live chat thing on their site but says they are currently closed.

I will try to get on the chat tomorrow during lunch at work which should be fun... lol
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Yup, its only open during the week.
Back to top Go down
Zzrik

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Good news, called the support line today. They gave me the whole 'your account was banned for a reason, etc etc etc' BUT it looks like we can reverse the ban and your account is not in good standing.

I am guessing it was the billing error that I ready about. Now have to wait a week to play so I can get on the right billing cycle...possibly going to pay the $25 to transfer from Unicorn to join you guys as I think I will have a better experiance and be able to stay in the game for a long period of time rather then a month or two and get bored.

Thanks for all the help and possibly coming to a server near you :p.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Sounds good...cya then and in the meantime if you'd like to join our LS, and our discussions in the members sections; do read our guideline and how to join us sticky....and apply! We are on Fenrir btw...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question
Page 1 of 1