Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Voice Chat Question?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Voice Chat Question? Empty
PostSubject: Voice Chat Question?   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:47 pm

I was wondering if anyone would know if Warhammer is going to provide a voice chat in the game or if we as a guild will be providing that to members if no voice chat from game is provided?? Ventrilo is very easy to use. I have never been an administrator of one but I know it can be done. I am willing to help pay for one if we decide to use a dedicated ventrilo chat from a paying host website.

I wasn't sure where to post this burning question. I hope I made a good choice?
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

PostSubject: Re: Voice Chat Question?   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:56 pm

I personally have never used Voice Chat before. I think it slightly kills the experience when it comes to the RP aspect of the game. I mean, it would be weird talking to a woman, but their voice is that of a 30 yr old man O_O. I have just always typed to talk because I like my imagination to do all the work xD. Though I think it would be a cool function to have for large scale Battles, but other than that I probably wouldn't use it xD. It is a good suggestion though. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would love it.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Voice Chat Question?   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:58 pm

Havn't decided yet, kinda waiting to see if they're have in-game voice like WoW or LOTRO has instead of wasting the money for one outside the game! True the game-ones are not as good, but they do the job!

I do prefer the normal text chat more sometimes, and since there won't be any large scale battles except the city bosses...voice won't really be needed except for that! So for now waiting for more details before anything is decided on!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Voice Chat Benefits   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:35 pm

A voice chat is best used for group situations like pvp, rvr, dungeons. Not just chatting it up so much and I thought that RP is all about story telling and using the imagination. (Joke) I can type but not with the best of them. I really like to chat with people when in a group because its much easier to tell someone how to do something when it may be 20 step process to kill a baddy. Talking has a great advantage when pvping or rvring because u can tell ppl whats going on immediately and not 4 words later after u are already dead.
I hope this has shed some light into the matter for anyone curios about voice chat and the great uses it has when in a group... :idea:
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

PostSubject: Re: Voice Chat Question?   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:40 pm

I have a feeling its something that will be considered later on. When we as a guild are developed enough in Level to actually have real use for Voice Chat. Seeing as how I doubt VC is a major thing untill you get to a certain level/Point in the game. Thats probably when it will seem like a good idea to most.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com

PostSubject: Ok   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:44 pm

I agree that may be the best solution to just sit and wait and see what to do at a later date. :D
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: Voice Chat Question?   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:09 pm

If you want use for Ventrilo, I have one that has 100 slots in it, and hardly anyone uses it hahaha. At least it could be put to good use for us. Let me know if you decide on this.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Voice Chat Question?   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:44 pm

Would rather wait until more information on WAR is released and if there will be an in-game voice option which I'd imagine there will be! It would only make sense to add one with the massive amounts of group content!

While voice is nice, the few times I've used it in games was fun for a time, but personally I'm not in a hurry and text works just fine!
Back to top Go down
Zetira

Zetira

PostSubject: Re: Voice Chat Question?   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:43 am

Well i have a team speak server whenever were ready.
Back to top Go down
http://wariscoming.smithdriven.com/default.html

PostSubject: Great!!   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:56 pm

That would be awesome Zetir Koresh, thanks for the offer.
Back to top Go down
Grim

Grim

PostSubject: Re: Voice Chat Question?   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:35 pm

If we are going to be doing a lot of RvR and PQs that require so much hot key pressing we won't be able to type and hit the keys at the same time to do well...we might need one..
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Voice Chat Question?   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:48 pm

Well, I'll look into it later when more information from WAR is released, or if one you would like to provide your server for the guild to use that's fine too! Though if there is in-game...more than likely I'll use that more since it'll be tailored to the group or raid your in instead of having to tab out to switch channels for each group or area to avoid mass chat from everyone.

Though having a channel for both sides to talk with each other could be interesting....without having to log into the other server to help, just ask in voice and if it requires someone to switch sides they can...hmmm I'll think about it more and look into it...maybe!!! hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voice Chat Question?   Voice Chat Question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voice Chat Question?
Page 1 of 1