Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

New Info...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:43 am

There is a new interview up on Tera, and here are some rather disappointing highlights from it; of which I just lost a ton of interest in Tera:

Quote :

Sam Kim noted “one weapon for each class.” Will there be more than one weapon for every class, for example will Archers be able to use a bow and a crossbow?
The plan for TERA’s launch is exactly as Sam said: one weapon per class. Archers would only use bows in your xample. Additional weapons would come at a later time if we decide to go that route.

Concerning equipment: will I be able to get the same high-end items from mobs/raid bosses and from crafting?
The current plan is to make the highest-end items exclusive to raid boss drops, but crafted items can come very close to these high-end items. We’ll talk more about the crafting and enchanting systems soon, and get more in-depth about what exactly that means.

I mean really, I thought with all the neat stuff we've read so far that they'd do something better than this and take more from FFXI since they were quoted saying their combat has similar intelligent and thought required encounters and group based play.

Why do devs keep doing the same boring "raids at end-game for the best gear" and the way this is shaping up so far it'll be progression based too. We all know that crafting gear compared to raided gear in these types of MMOs never stack up, and are jut as worthless. Well LOTRO had it right before they released MoM which utterly destroyed their crafting system for gear and slowly turned it into progression also......ah when will they learn!

Anyway...I may still check out an open beta if available and not busy with FFXIV at that time, but I don't think I'm interested in this anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:40 pm

I still want to play it! New Info... 906341
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:23 pm

I still sorta want to play it... my interest has waned recently, so I will decide closer to when its released.
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:10 am

I'll still try it, but yeah, I haven't really been on board this one too much. It just reminds me of Aion far too much.
Back to top Go down
Kuatosune

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 4:36 pm

The thing about the game that turns me off is that you have to directionally heal. Meaning that if someone moves they miss the heal. Adds too much of a challenge for the healer imo. But that could be my past healer bias coming out...

Hey Elocke do you use the same name on MMORPG?
Back to top Go down

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:48 pm

I liked directionally healing, I enjoyed it in AoC was much more interesting. Just watching health bars in other games can get a little old. I still like playing the healer just saying :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Yup, directional healing gives healers more to do than just stand there looking at bars. Not that there isn't a host of other things on their to-do list per battle, but this type of play adds a new layer of challenge and intelligent gameplay.

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Oh there is more to watching health bars without directional healing, timing heals and more, but directional healing was just more fun and kept me on my toes more!
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 am

And if the party fails because some twat jumps at the wrong time when youre casting a heal, then you get the blame for it.

Directional healing adds too much chance. If theres more of an aoe healing in the game thatll be totally different. One of my favourite spells in guild wars was a spell that had little mana cost but it healed everything in its path for a good amount.

And I do mean everything. lol It made the "dungeons" more interesting knowing you could be healing the mobs if you werent careful.
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:42 pm

People bitch at the healers in a non directional healing game. I never let that bother me.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Kuatosune wrote:
The thing about the game that turns me off is that you have to directionally heal. Meaning that if someone moves they miss the heal. Adds too much of a challenge for the healer imo. But that could be my past healer bias coming out...

Hey Elocke do you use the same name on MMORPG?

Yes, that's me :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Info... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Info...   New Info... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Info...
Page 1 of 1