Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Dragon Age II Info

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Dragon Age II Info Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Age II Info   Dragon Age II Info Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:06 am

Interesting, but damnit I want to play a dern game with a nice long story to read through, not watch a movie~! ah well...

Dragon Age: Origins

• 1,000,000 Words
• 1,000 Cinematics
• 1,000 Characters
• 56,000 Spoken Lines
• 60 Hours of Gameplay

Dragon Age II
• 400,000 Words
• 2,500 Cinematics
• 500 Characters
• 38,000 Spoken Lines
• 40 Hours of Gameplay
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

Dragon Age II Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Info   Dragon Age II Info Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:59 pm

That may be what convinces me to not buy DA2. I think the story is going to be great, graphics look incredible, gameplay is simple to use, but does it have to be on such obvious rails?

One of the things I loved about old school RPGs is what I want to remain in new ones: Exploration. I still haven't discovered the majority of map markers in FO: NV (though I have the lvl 20 perk that shows me where they are... there's A LOT). I love being able to do my own thing and explore, doing side quests along the way... pissing of the Legion at every opportunity Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Dragon Age II Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Info   Dragon Age II Info Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:03 pm

ho hum, this all sounds really really bad, far worse than I had thought! {just wait for it though, they'll blame poor sales on piracy, instead of owning up to how poor of a game they developed...}

Quote :

A more comprehensive summary of the german magazine reviews of Dragon Age II.

- Sub-header: Dragon Age 2 is a first class RPG, but not quite as good as its superb predecessor. This has multiple reasons.

-EA did not let them use their own screenshots for the article without explicit approval, even though they were given the final version. The reviewer calls this "inexplicable". Hence, the article uses a few stock screenshots and generally shows nothing even remotely new.

- If you choose not to import and use one of the 3 predefined "lore backgrounds" instead, the backstory is explained in a short cutscene of the final moments (Landsmeet+Archdemon fight) of DA:O.

- cameos: Alistair is available for an "inconsequential" 1-2 minute long chat if you imported the right DA:O ending

- the prologue is described the same way as the demo

-quest samples: break into a house at night to retrieve the will of Hawke's father, save a woman from her abusive husband, hunt an Abomination, and decide whether to turn in a dude using blood magic to impress his girlfriend

- Hawke has up to 9 companions, who generally feel alive and responsive. However, they have consistently less depth and weaker characterization than the cast in Origins. The only exception is Varric, whose frequent banter with Cassandra provides much of the game's tension and humour. He's described as "a d*mn cool sock" (don't ask)

- Main Quest takes 12-15 hours, you can double that number "if you take your time and explore everything the game has to offer".

-The game does not feel long or epic, and the central conflict (mages vs. chantry) is not as dramatic as the reviewer would have liked. But although it doesn't have anything comparable to the Battle of Ostagar or the final attack on Denerim, it still has some very tactical boss fights.

- ugly ("texture mud") and low-polygon graphics, especially in the areas outside of Kirkwall. Generally feeling of emptiness/lack of NPCs. Constant encounters with "clonecellars" and "clonecaves", which can be a huge source of frustration. However, beautiful spell effects and good character models that can graphically compete with ME2.

- combat is generally tactical, though frequently unbalanced. The lack of an iso-style camera was a huge problem for the reviewer.

- The number of talents is huge. The game offers class specific weapons and some crafting options. However, overall you generally have a small selection. (they don't expand on this)

- The ending is described as open ended and unresolved .

- final rating is 87%. "Although the fans' fears have partially come true, this is still a magnificent RPG"

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

Dragon Age II Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Info   Dragon Age II Info Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 am

see i told ya guys, its gonna be bad, you can smell EA's handy work all over it, and ill say again what ive told people before, biowere has no choice in what they make now adays, EA says jump they ask how high great and good masters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dragon Age II Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Info   Dragon Age II Info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age II Info
Page 1 of 1