Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

New Player Starter Questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

New Player Starter Questions Empty
PostSubject: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:49 pm

Ill start with 3 questions.

-Where is my money from selling on the AH?
-Im almost lvl 12 monk what guear and where do i buy it?(how much Gil will i need)
-If i want to try Thef job do i just buy a knife and atk with it?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Your money from the AH will be held by your Moogle in your Mog House, there is an entrance to it in every zone. Just talk to him and there is an option for it.

Along the main entrance to Bastok Markets where the shops are down the left side of the path are armor and weapon stores. There should be basic lvl 7 or is it lvl 8 MNK gear in there that is fine for you, also H2H weapons. Don't worry about having gear that is the exact lvl as you, cause it'll never happen unless you buy the gear right then...its not always necessary and sometimes you'll use gear for long after you supposedly out-level it. Really depends on the job you're playing as.

Also go to your Mog house and talk to the Moogle there will be an option to change your job in the menu....select Thief and you'll change to a lvl 1 THF, and then equip a dagger and off you go. If you have equivalent gear in your Inv when you switch jobs sometimes the game will auto-equip/switch it for you when changing them.

You also have 50 additional storage spaces in there too...and keep those Beastmen Seals that are dropping from enemies, the ones that are bound to you, just drop them in your Mog House...they are important for later in the game!

Last edited by Khalus on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Thx khalus
Ill go check out that mog house!!! =D

Is it complicated to become a Caster?

Can i do all the starter jobs and if i do till what lvl is a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Yup, you can change too and play any of the 6 starter jobs at any time, and yeah Casters are rather complicated, and semi-costly at first to afford all the spells. Do check the spell-scroll merchants first for spells as they are usually the cheapest, but other times the AH are cheaper.

Also there are a ton of spell-scrolls that you can only get from rare spawn, and rare-drop mobs, or quest/event only rewards. But don't worry about them for now...you wouldn't be able to do them or survive the trip to said locations...hehe

Basically think of it this way, keep leveling jobs you think you're going to play or are great sub-job options for a main job you plan to focus on. Also keep in mind to have that Signet effect cast on you always, cause that also allows the possibility of crystals to drop too, but only from mobs that give you exp, and those are a solid means of early gil acquisition. I'd say gauge this based on how much gil you need right now or will need, but you'll always be needing gil and it does get very expensive and ever more difficult to earn gil in substantial amounts too. hehe GL

Consider checking the AH for sets of future gear you want and/or need and tally up the cost, and be ready for it. Melee classes especially tanks more than anything must have the best of the best possible gear at all times, DPS do need the good gear, but not always the best, but its always advisable to have the best if you can afford it, and Magic can get by with not worrying about having the latest gear, but they do need to have all their spells, and a good weapon with nice stats on them.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:32 pm

Alright that will keep me go-ing for a little bit.
Whats a good lvl to have befor switchig jobs?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Depends on your preferences in play-style. Mostly do you like the job and plan to continue with it, or are you just lvling it cause it nets you crystals to sell and fund another job...hehe

Also if you are doing the latter, stick to easy prey mobs that give the least amount of XP, so you can kill a ton more, not only easily, but you'll also get more drops to sell.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:00 pm

How much do i sell stacks of 12 crystals for usually?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Check the AH section under Crystals...its entirely player run and priced, and they do sell very often and the price can fluctuate rapidly. It'll take a bit of time to get used to it, but also check the small AH guide I posted, but I'm sure it's out date. Those were prices from last June-Aug!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Where do i buy thowing weapns and bow/arrow?
What class i need to use them?

when i look at price of stuff. Is t for one of the item or for a stack of 12?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:31 pm

The name of the item will have the amount after it , nothing for single, 12, or 99!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Who do i use my steal ability on and how do i know if it worked?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Mobs, and you'll know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Player Starter Questions   New Player Starter Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Player Starter Questions
Page 1 of 1