Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Hello from an old player

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

Hello from an old player Empty
PostSubject: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:57 pm

I was sitting around bored today and decided to rebuild an old computer.
While doing so I hooked up an old hard drive to see what was on it and to my surprise my old FFXI links mostly worked.
I stumbled upon some information about the new FFXIV and for the first time in 2 years I think I will come back to play.

In looking up information on the new game I come across you guys and though I would register.
If you will have me I would like to join you upon release.
I background in games are FFXI my first online mmo. Guild Wars, World of warcraft and Age of Conan.

I will definitely frequent the site and hope to see it grow into a great social circle.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Hello, and nice to meet you. Its always great to find nostalgia from ones past and have good memories of it! Looking forward to getting to know you more.

Upgrade to member here in a sec!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Xao

Xao

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:59 pm

Welcome ^_^. Aziel, Khal, and I all have been playing random games while waiting for something new/good to come out. Aion and FFIVX in my case ((I'm not sure about the other new members cause I haven't met any of them yet xD)). Seeing as how you're getting back into gaming an whatever, if you see something you'd like to try out ((if anyone sees something they want to try out)) feel free to post about it on the MMO sections of the forums, or throw PM's. I'm sure one of us would be interested ^_^.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Hello Soten, I too have been playing with ideas of going back to FFXI or LOTRO. Welcome! It will be nice to get to know you :)
Back to top Go down
Fossilfied

Fossilfied

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Welcome! Im new too, so if theres somethin that sounds like fun in the meantime untill the awsomeness that is FFXIV comes out let us know!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Brialyn wrote:
I too have been playing with ideas of going back to FFXI or LOTRO.

Its tempting to return to FFXI as I've been bouncing in and out of so many MMOs of late and nothing is holding my attention for more than a few hrs or days.

Even returned to LOTRO 2 days ago, paid the $29.99 for 3 months and after about 6 hrs I just had this ugh; I don't wanna play this feeling again. That and some idiots that were one of the reason I left the first time its like they were waiting for me to return gave me crap again for no reason. They in the same Kin I'm in with other friends...anyway, I noticed that Turbine hadn't charged my account yet, it was pending, so I swiftly reported the card as stolen so the charge wouldn't go through and it worked...my sub was canceled and I was not charged....hehe

Dungeons and Dragons Online is F2P now, but has long queue times to get in....

FFXI sounds fun, but it'd be alot of work to get back to where I was...don't recall my old account anymore so would have to start over!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Well I doubt I will start back up with FFXI but once FFXIV releases I most certainly will get it.
For now I don't have a lot of time to spend online as I would like so I maintain my WoW subscription.
Since a lot of my friends play it. I can stay in touch with them rather easily.

By the way, It's nice to meet you all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:18 pm

See my post under Baldrick about FFXI :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:11 am

Sounds like your having the same problem as most people I know, I did hear that Aion was going to be good. They have it posted somewere on MMORPG.com that if you pre order it, you can get a Beta Key.

Any way as well, Hellu and hope to see you in FFXIV.
Back to top Go down
Malicee

Malicee

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 4:01 pm

I've been doing the same thing. I just stopped playing WoW and started EQ2 but just can't bring myself to play it anymore, good thing i got the trial for EQ2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an old player   Hello from an old player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from an old player
Page 1 of 1