Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?

Go down 
+4
Ianthe Reine
Reonaado
Kith
Khalus Akuhei
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Demons so you know was canceled after its initial 6ep run on the BBC! Its was not very good to begin with! Being Human, gah can't stand that SyFy instead of keeping good shows and wasting money on dumb US remakes, just air the damned BBC version instead.

SGU is dumb, but supposedly the rating are very good for it, and it was picked up for a 22ep; 2nd season already...I'll continue to watch it in cringe mode hoping it'll get better but I'm doubting it! Sanctuary also got a 22ep 3rd season pickup.

Chuck is gonna be hilarious now that he can help out and fight instead of by dumb luck, but I think it will still be a lot of dumb luck like, "oh I didn't know kung fu had that move"...hehe

Fringe is awesome, still havn't got caught up on Dr. Who, only watched one ep of S2 with David Tennet thus far, but have it all sitting here waiting on me to press play!

Anyway, if I get back into FFXI, along with all the shows I watch including LOST's final season coming soon and 24 Season 8, its too tough to watch it all when it airs so I gotta do torrents.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:39 pm

So I now have found a reason NOT to go back to FFXI: My Swap Magic. It finally came in today but it's becoming a bitch and a half to install. I haven't even got the case open since the screws having decided to not want to loosen. Once I get it installed, I'll have the 20+ games I've downloaded (only maybe a 1/3 of which I've finished burning to DVDs) to play. :3
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Oh come tax time we are getting a ps3..I'll be complaining a lot less about things to do then. I just read you can down load a bunch of the old FF titles. Really have been missing FFIX and I have been to lazy to get my disk one resurfaced . ( same is true for FFVII,Xenogears, and a bunch of other old school games :P )
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Asmiro wrote:
So I now have found a reason NOT to go back to FFXI: My Swap Magic. It finally came in today but it's becoming a bitch and a half to install.

Eh? My Swap Magic?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:21 pm

Swap Magic is a disc that allows you to bypass the security device in the ps2 in turn allowing you to play import and dvd back up games. I was able to install my new flip top cover after I taped my smaller screwdrivers to bigger ones. Made it much easier to get the screws out. Sadly the ONE game i have right now that I really want to play ended up being the wrong version (downloaded the japanese version instead of the english. x_x)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:15 pm

ic...been a very long time since I was into the import scene with my PS1 and Dreamcast, and other previous systems. Most games I'm interested in get released here sooner than or shortly after the JP release so no reason to import as much anymore.

I'm also into MMOs far more than I ever was now, as consoles don't seem to appease me as much as they used too, course I never had a $5000 PC then. Now that I do I prefer to play everything here, but we'll see how it goes after a 360 again with FFXIII; if I decided to keep it and get other games! There are a few other RPGs I'd like to play...

Guess it'll all depend on how soon FFXIV launches and money constraints on upgrading my PC!
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:39 am

Screw imports. Downloading and burning the games is better.

I really do hope I can get a new PC sometime soon. Gonna restart my job search sometime this week after I get the last of my college stuff done. Hopefully I do get a job soon so I can start saving up. Hopefully I wont have to start college until December.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:51 pm

I would love too but i'm still pretty short on time right now, It will slow down in a few months.
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:58 pm

(robs khalus for his pc)... lol My current pc was ilke 1200 but thats it, i plan on starting to play another mmo soon(most likely wow for the social aspect).
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:43 pm

Tinytimm wrote:
(robs khalus for his pc)... lol My current pc was ilke 1200 but thats it, i plan on starting to play another mmo soon(most likely wow for the social aspect).

Big mistake there, there is no such applications for "social" in WoW or "community" I'd advise you find something else! Oh and to really make ya want my PC more...hehe Check this baby out:

This is my monitor, the uh other one is what I used to use!
A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 HDTV-Monitor1
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:47 pm

Brialyn wrote:
I would love too but i'm still pretty short on time right now, It will slow down in a few months.

Almost did return this month, but decided that a break from MMOs for a month would be best, and I've been busy playing 1P games again, like I'm about to finish Overlord II, and I'm gonna give that Divinity II: Ego Draconis a try here soon. Also I'd greatly prefer if I could get a few members to join once again and continue where we left off, or if new players join that'd give us higher lvl players lots of things to help with and parties galore in Dunes and Qufim and Kazham again...hehe

Lemme know when ya have some free time and if we're not in the FFXIV beta its a good possibility...heck I might return in Feb. depending how long these 1P games last me just to run around and listen to the music and help other players!
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:19 pm

With the many games for the Ps2 I have downloaded that I need to play, I doubt I'll return this month either.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Divinty II looks like it could kick Aions but in the graphics department, als shapeshifting... I love dragons, and I love flying. <3

I like the music on the website, reminds me of the music playing in Sanctum, which was my favourite in the game... it was just too short. :x
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Well I was enjoying Divinity II for an hr, then I got to the first major loading screen after the tutorial and it locked up, had to shut it down from the Task manager and I havn't loaded it again to see if it saved before that point...blah
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Did you patch it up? I think theres a patch, havent checked for sure though.

Demo fails due to the fact you cant play a female...
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Nope...will check soon, but just got up recently so gotta make my rounds on msg boards and stuff then I'll play again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:47 am

hi guys, i am playing ffxi right now surprisingly didnt take much to get my character back. anyways my character is on the midgar server sadly its only a level 75 smn. was in the middle of doing rdm. love fast cast and convert and refresh =D. anyway i cant afford the 25$move fee at the moment but i could make a new character on w/e server u guys happen to be on. or whoever is playing.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Heya...mentioned in your intro thread, that most of us are not playing anymore atm, but I and a few others have been considering it for awhile now, but not sure on when we plan to return. If I do it would of course be this coming Feb 1st, but I'm still deciding.

We are on Fenrir.
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:00 pm

The only thing keeping me from playing FFXI at the moment is the possibility of not having enough time to play once I get a job.
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm tempted to just say Screw it and go back to WoW or FFXI for a month and figure my schedule out as I go. My PS2 isn't going to be able to amuse me forever especially when I'm at friends house and I can't play PS2 because they bloody fuckin' playing Animal Crossing on the Wii. >_< /rage
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Know what ya mean...its becoming quite clear that FFXI may be the only MMO worth playing until FFXIV gets here.

EDIT: Actually you know what, I am going to return this Feb 1st....most the other entertainment I get into with TV Shows, and Anime; I get them from torrents and they can be watched anytime. Well they'll be watched in my downtime from FFXI from now on!
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 pm

FFXI would be much more tempting if it wasn't for the limitations of RL work and my time in the evenings. Something about playing crapshoot with my entire evening LFG doesn't quite make me all giddy.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:46 pm

True nuff, but we don't always have to XP Party every night. I'm actually just looking forward to running around in Vana'diel once again, camping NMs...helping other players, exploring areas I've never been too, etc.

May even try starting a job I've never considering playing before like Puppet Master or Blue Mage, heck I've always loved what Red Mage can do and may do that too. Of course I need to re-learn how to play Paladin, but I think that will come back to me quickly.

I do have Dancer lvl'd into the 30s I'd like to continue with and using that job; one can explore everywhere, especially the past!
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:53 pm

I'm gonna be dead set on getting PLD up. I want my AF gear! >_<
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Only FFXI interests are still Sch and Smn. Now granted, my Smn is at the soloable level so that might not be a bad call. Dunno, i doubt i could stay interested long enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next