Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?

Go down 
+4
Ianthe Reine
Reonaado
Kith
Khalus Akuhei
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Empty
PostSubject: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:28 am

So, its very tempting to return to FFXI for the month of January. This is just in the thought process for now, and I'm assuming FFXIV beta may start in January. It doesn't take long to get a bunch of raving FF fans to sign up for beta, but I assume wading through them all and selecting them may take a bit of time...hehe

Anyway, I've been thinking about this for the past week or so, and I dunno if I'd do anything serious or get into too much. More or less if I did return I'd just wanna run around and listen to the music, see the world again, help people and go from there! Since my macros were erased that will be the killer to have to rewrite entirely how I had them set up before. After all that initial re-setup, I'd go from there on if I decided to start PTs and lvling again. I do miss my Paladin in all that AF gear and excellent sword and shield that took me awhile to earn, plus I have over a million gil which is a ton in this new economy...hehe

Anyway, tossing this out there too see if anyone has FFXI on their mind and what their thoughts are. If you've had thoughts of returning also, speak up and we'll go from there.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:32 am

I hear you. I have had my account reactivated for a few months now and I keep thinking to myself " hmm..never did finish off brd or blu". If I do I need to transfer back to Seraph..Ramuh has just not been that social for me. I really only know my wife and her mmo boy toy on Ramuh so it is a rather solitary existence when I play on there. I miss my taru cohorts and all the vile villainy we used to unleash upon all the poor Galka. (( nothing beats 20 tarus following a Galka calling him " Daddy" and asking when he's going home with that milk he went out to get))
Beta wise I did sign up. I do not know if the pc I can use right now would handle it though. My wife's Vio lags hard in Dalaran when I play WoW. : /
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:35 am

Did you ever transfer over to Fenrir with us!? I'll stay there if I return...was a good server and I got into a bunch of really good parties.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:55 am

Thought about that and I may just redo my new character on there. May be a better way to spend my time then trying to relive the memories I made with Kith. I'm not one prone to becoming attached to a computer generated sprite but that Taru for some reason has always brought a smile to my face when I think about all the fun I had on him. Taru only dyna ( we err..did not get to far), Blm only Garrison ( We did not get that far :P, but only because the kite failed 0o ), brd only dunes party ( We did not do to bad oddly enough) and the naked lvl1 Windy to Sandy marathon. (( no boats allowed)) Good times.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 am

Yeah there are certain events and odd things you can do in FFXI and never repeat in other MMOs, and Taru's, even though I've never gotten myself around to playing as one further than lvl 5 are just so cute!

Looking forward to possibly trying a Lalafell in FFXIV...better have the classic panic dance again...hehe
Back to top Go down
Reonaado

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 pm

I've had my account active the past 6 months seeking the time to play. Not sure how much I'll be on in January, but I took the initiative to log in today and will try to remain active.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:19 am

Still not sure if I should return...like I wanna, but at the same time don't know.
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:05 am

Khalus wrote:
Still not sure if I should return...like I wanna, but at the same time don't know.

Quoted for truth. Maybe. At this point my mind is so out of it due to sleep deprivation and Risk (the board game) and everything is funny and most things are no longer making sense.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:34 am

I want to but it's mostly I want to go back to the FFXI when I was hardcore into it and it had a big player base and solid community. Sadly, those days are over and I know it. Maybe once we get closer to FFXIV's launch.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:42 am

The thing that is holding me back the most is, what if Beta for XIV suddenly starts and I get picked! Also the thought of having to redo all my macros and recall how I had them laid out.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:56 am

Macros aren't a huge deal. Even redoing my brd, smn, and sch macros wouldn't take too long. If you get picked for beta, you can always cancel. It's unlikely we'd get picked right at the start of a billing cycle anyway.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:00 am

Basing this on my money situation, don't have much so if I paid for a month then got into XIV, it'd be a waste to me. yeah $13 isn't a lot but too me it is since I have very little/next to no income! I don need to go get something part-time though to pay for a 360 and PC upgrades before XIII & XIV get here!

I wouldn't be able to stand it if you all get XIII and I don't have a means to play it yet...rofl My PC I'm sure is more than capable of playing XIV, but I wanna upgrade anyway to a quad-core system and as much as like 12-16gb RAM. SE did say that XIV will benefit from dual and quad cores, and since RAM is really cheap now, why not!

Last edited by Khalus on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:10 am

I hope you mean GB and not K of ram. ^^

Tho really, I don't see FFXIV making use of more than 12GB of ram (and that's REALLY pushing it). Granted, I hate not having max ram size per slot so I'm waiting on upgrading to an i7 till the prices of 12GB sets comes down to a sane price range. I have to admit tho, I'm torn on adding another card or getting a DX11 card closer to launch. I highly doubt SE will be using DX11 so soon (especially since there are hardly any DX11 cards out), but you never know. I'll prolly just wait till things get closer and SLI my current card with another one. I've been crazy happy with it so far. My test for it was mass populated areas in Aion, which it just tore up. Hope SW Tor comes out long before FFXI does (which it should by a few months) so I can see how things sit then.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:16 am

Was looking at a series of cards and a board from EVGA that lets you SLi 4 video cards....insane! I may be willing to do 2 if I can get the funds to get where I wanna be before launch!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:26 pm

So I'm in the process of reinstalling FFXI, just in case I decide to return, which its looking to be a very strong possibility. Can't take playing WoW anymore, such a huge mistake and waste of money once again.

For the last hr or so I've been sending messages back n forth with Bareta, surely many of you remember her, the PLD that got me interested in playing PLD myself. Getting info on our server and how everything is going, and its still hopping as usual there! Low level zones are still Sync'd ever more especially Qufim and Dunes. Dunno about Kazham but surely it is too at certain times.

Read up on the beta for FFXIV, and I noticed that SE has said that when beta starts it'll be very focused, just a few short hrs or days a week for awhile and then later on it'll open into more 24/7 testing, so even if picked while playing FFXI, there would still be plenty of time to play both.

Anyone wanna join me? I'll also be sending out a newsletter to former members here and see if anyone has that itch again and maybe we can relaunch where we left off at 4 months ago...

Doh; forgot you can't update until you have an active account~!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Am curious, can you buy the Ultimate Collection that has the 3 add-on scenarios and apply the code in their to an existing account and unlock them!? $11 is a really good deal, considering that if I wanted to do them it'd cost me $30 to get them all on an existing account....hrm

Opening GM call to see if possible!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Already told the four remaining friends on WoW that I have ( out of over 30 at one point) that by june or july my son is getting my wow account full time and I'll either be in the FFXIV beta, back on FFXI, waiting for FFXIV. or no longer playing any mmo's. Still thinking about FFXI, I have done a lot on Kith and really not sure if I want to start fresh...and Ramuh has been less then friendly since transfer. : /
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Well if you started fresh on Fenrir where I am, I can help ya with lots of stuff; that is of course not until I return, which may be soon though. Still thinking over all the details, but I'm considering that maybe I should take a break from MMOs for a month and read some of these books I have piling up behind me. Give it a bit more time to see if SE starts the beta this month and if I get into the first pick or not, and if not start in Feb instead!

If ya hadn't noticed WoW is over for me, never again, and my focus is entirely on FFXI and FFXIV now, and on occasion a F2P or latest closed/open beta of whatever other crap they feed us...hehe
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:22 am

Yup, WoW has been empty for me for some time. I log in, see all my guild mates in this months new heroic / raid and shrug my shoulders at just how pointless it is. If my kid did not play on my account I would really consider cashing it in. 8 80's. Have to be worth something even crap geared. ( had 9 but the son deleted one of the two dk's I have on other servers..not that I cared lol) He loves to bg so I told him he will soon have a few 80's to bg full time.
As for FF, I have high hopes but if it falls short I'm done with mmo's. A lot of things I need to get done in the real world.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:38 am

I know better but I still have the itch to at least get full sch AF, it's just such a cute outfit. Blame Harry Potter or school girl outfits but I really like that outfit.

FFXIV needs to hurry up. Don't they know they have easily a hundred thousand bored gamers dying to an even halfway decent MMO?
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:16 am

I'm really tempted to go back to FFXI now that I know that I can't do beta. Only thing keeping me is my want for a job and me not wanting to bug my dad for money considering how much I've ask him for money lately. >_>;;
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am

Oh, why can't ya do beta!?

Also yeah I need to get myself a job too, but with my situation I only planned on doing like 3-4hrs a day and maybe only 4-5 days a week if even that. Can't work much but I do need a bit of income outside the handyman stuff I do for parents.

That Scholar AF is damned sexy, and I'd love to see it on a Mithra up close....could definitely help ya get it!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:46 am

Works hard to find right now. I'm a former Chef and I can't even get a job flipping burgers at Micky D's. ( 50+ applications turned in, 1 interview so far : / ) I am thinking of just starting my own t shirt company. Tired of being told that because I spent 6 years as a stay at home day I lack "current" skills for a job.
I am so tempted with FFXI. I never did finish off brd or blu. Only thing holding me back is the sci fi that will be on the tv over the next few months.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:22 am

Lonestar wrote:
Works hard to find right now.

Only thing holding me back is the sci fi that will be on the tv over the next few months.

No truer words...the economy is going to shit and even getting a job at fast food is a competition of bugging the hell out of the managers to pick you instead of the younger gen...hehe

What sci-fi...most of it was pushed to March or later!? An besides you can always just DL each ep from torrents..thats what I do so I can still watch it eventually after its aired and I can still play my games/MMOs without missing them. Whenever there is a downtime in my gaming or just need a break I fire up a show...

Recently started watching Naruto again, and I'm enjoying but once I start back at FFXI maybe I'll only get 1-2 eps in a day instead 4-5. I do know there is a huge return of all the fall shows and new seasons starting up in the next few weeks I'm looking forward too as well!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Can't torrent. On a pc that belongs to the wife's work. On demand has all the "syfy" stuff as well as NBC but Fringe and Dollhouse are watch it live or miss it for me. I'm also a HUGE bbc sci fi fan and like to watch Dr. Who, Being Human, and a huge maybe demons ( not at all sure about this one yet). Io9 tends to spoil the story if I miss one live and make the mistake of going there.
New Sanctuary this week I think.Not sure when SGU comes back or if I care with what is going on with Dr. Rush. ( I like the mad scientist your all my test subjects sorts) New Dr.Whos's start this spring and even though I think the new Dr. is way to young I'll give him a shot..he has some big shoes to fill coming in right after David Tennet though. Being Human should start in the US soon I would think. I think the s2 premier was this month for the UK so about a month or two for the US. ( Syfy bought the rights to make a US version which has me cringing a bit). Demons e1 was Saturday..still not sure on this one. The "tutor" needs to die or needs to be replaced with someone not from the csi school of acting.
Heroes 2 hour tonight..I know, I am a glutton for punishment .( such a glutton I am thinking of watching Caprica) Chuck comes back next week..though I am not sure about this whole new "super" Chuck bit. That leaves the weekend for FFXI or World of pixie dust addiction craft.
Edit note:
I never realized how much of a dork I am. I used to just watch sci fi for a good story, not sure when I became such a negative lil fan boy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?   A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A return to FFXI for a month...maybe!?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next