Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

New Characters...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:02 pm

Xao wrote:

Oh, and when/if you get your WoW account working, would you mind making a Human alliance character for meh on the Argent Dawn RP Server? I made a Draenei Paladin, and wanted to spec him in Pole Arms, but the only trainer for it ((from what the guard said at The Exodus)) is in Stormwind. I checked the thing to make sure you can summon me, and it says both the vet and the recruit can summon each other. It sure would cut the time drastically so I don't have to find some way to walk all the way to the Human area, or beg a Mage for a Portal just to get there xD ((which I did to no avail)).

I suppose I can humble you in this request.... though in the past if I recall you can't use Polearms until lvl 20...dunno if that has been changed or not!

Here's what I've been thinking while I'm awaiting the chance to pay for WoW time.....lets start over on a diff server entirely than Moon Guard that has names that we both want available! In particular I want a server that has Khalus and Kunae available of which there are quite a few to choose from at least at first glance. I wanna play 2 characters kinda simultaneously, where one is more dedicated to playing duo with you, and another I can play while you're not available and I suppose the same can be true for you as well!

In other posts I keep trying so many different MMOs and I can't seem to find something I wanna stick with. Vanguard is meh every time I fire it up and try to get interested...it just doesn't have the polish I'm looking for but it looks better in armor/weapons design but has a severe lack of population which I need to have since I plan to play a healer class as one of my characters. I tried Holy Beast today and from what you've said I will give it another chance to post lvl 10 and see how it goes. With WoW I wanna see Northrend and have been adamant to not read about it, or watch videos or look at screenshots that show it off cause I wanna explore it myself once I get there!

Anyway, what ya think about the new server and names suggestion....I'll check out Argent Dawn for my names here in a sec, but maybe lets go with a normal server...dunno yet! Both my names are available on this server, but I noticed its a medium pop server...I'd prefer to play on one that is of high pop. I like knowing there are tons of players always on with the higher possibility to group up!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:22 am

I'm thinking I wanna play as a Priest and Warlock, both as either Blood Elves or Undead! Will need to test them out and see which I like more!
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:12 pm

I made a new friend last night that I RPed with and was showing my Dreanei around a little because their people are "wet behind the ears" in their new world, lol. So I already went to Stormwind, as well as Ironforge, and Westgate to the Sentinal so that we could go to the Death Mine's and make some money and find some gear. And you're correct, you cant spec in Polearms until 20 ((which we found out after getting there)). So you don't have to make one now if you don't want.

As for doing a server change, I rather like the RP environment on Moon Guard, and the fact that its a full RP server is a plus. I've already RPed with some people there, and it seems like a lot of them are pretty into it. Sitting at the Inn's, talking at the bars, drinking, etc. And the prospect of moving to a normal server, where it's full of WoWtard elitists, doesn't set to well with me. From the people I've talked to on Moon Guard, and from the chats I have seen, they do have some jerks on there, but there is a large majority of people that are just there to RP their characters, and don't seem to talk a whole lot out of character. Meaning much less, "lulz ur geer is phail go play somthng else u sux"

But, if you end up wanting to do a server change, I might just pay the extra $25 and change the server my BE Mage is on, to whatever it is you prefer. Seeing as how I don't know if I would want to be playing on 3 different servers. Though I plan on probably having different alts and what not, but would rather just stick to one server for the RP side of things. That way I can keep it all to one RP server and tie all my characters to one account/story when playing with other people. Less confusing for me that way.

That, and after having that 1 character almost to level 30, I really don't want to spend another 6+ hours speed questing back up to that level . I'd rather just continue from where I left off so it doesn't feel like it was a total waste of time. Mainly because of how tired I always am with my work schedule, it just makes those days off feel like a total waste. I've always been the type of person that once I get to a certain point on one character, I'd rather just continue using it.

So, if you end up wanting to do a server change, I'll just switch servers on my BE, let you get to level 13 or so, then grant you my extra levels so that it will catch you back up to my level, and then we can just go from there. And then seeing as how I've been more tired the last couple of weeks than normal, just take the time to catch up on my sleep while you quest up the first few levels. Seeing as how you get way more free time than me anyways, and tend to level way faster than I do in most cases. That, and getting to around level 15 solo normally only takes a few hours. My Dreanei I was RPing with got to around level 13 in about 4 hours. And seeing as how I tend to take my questing much slower than others, I'm sure you could get to around level 15 in the same amount of time, or maybe even less, with how fast you do things.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Nah you don't have to pay $25 to transfer servers this early on! I was only wanting to switch server so I can get the name Khalus too...as its not available on Moon Guard, but it is on Argent Dawn...Kunae is available on most.

I really don't mind playing on an RP server, was just a thought, but fyi the chat is the same in most areas, especially the cities no matter the server type. I'm thinking I wanna cont. with my Shaman on Moon Guard, as I can see myself soloing a lot through BC and most of WotLK since there is no exp boost there not much incentive to duo...ah we'll see once there!

So where have ya been lately, you havn't been on vent past 2 nights or in chat on forums. Oh and have u gotten ur lappy yet!?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Also, figures right when I get the money situation figured out for WoW {at least for now}, Sims 3 gets leaked to the net and whoa...that game is just fabulous! Check my thread on it if ya havn't yet! Been contemplating when to start WoW up again cause of this now....gah

Sometimes, heck most times it seems I'm not good at managing my time anymore....I have every waking hr of everyday to do with as I please and it still doesn't seem enough to enjoy multiple games....blah
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Remember that Zi works on the weekends on graveyard shift. :)
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Xao

Xao

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:29 am

Yeah, sorry about not being on the last couple days. Yesterday I tested out HBO, and then when I got off work I hopped on my Dreanei really fast to do the Polearm thing, but ended up running into another guy and RP/Traveled around with him for a bit, did a dungeon run to kill the boss for drops and make some cash, and then was in best most of the time afterwards.

And yeah, I noticed the trade channels are pretty much spam, I was just looking at the fact that when I was looking at all the RP going on and RPing as well, Moon Guard seemd to have a very large RP population. I saw all kinds of people walking around and Role playing and whatnot. But yes, trade channel is still littered with Trolls/griefers/elitists/etc. Someone should get a coalation of people together to get rid of that crap from the RP servers.

There was a guy that posted on one of the WoW fan sites, and he said a long time ago there was this group of avid RPer's that were sick of all the trolls and things. So they made it a point to report people that abused the naming rules/trade/spammer/herasers/etc regulations. And he said a month later the WoW official forums were packed with the greifers and spamers; complaing about why they were banned nd what not. And that for a long time afterwards the other RPers started doing the same thing and kept that particular server pretty clean. Can't remember which one it was though. Read about it the night before at work. It may have been Argent Dawn.

I never was a huge Sims fan. I played The Urbs on my PS2 for a while, that was a pretty fun game, but got boring after about 4 days of non-stop playing, lol. Just do what I do, play random whatever, whenever, however you feel like it. It all boils down to trying to do things differently than you did the last time, and switching it up so you don't get bored so easily. Me, I like to wonder around, goof off, talk to people, etc. in MMO's more than quest till my head hurts just to get to the cap. I find its more fun to stop and smell the roses, then to race to the top xD. Which is probably why I'm actually enjoying WoW. Just loitering and RPing/chatting with people is fun. And then when you have the talkies our of your system, and you feel the itch, you draw your sword and kick some ass! :D

P.S- No lappy till Tuesday T_T. Damn UPS changed the arrival cause they are to damn slow to deliver on the time quoted >_>.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 2:09 am

So where ya been Xao....havn't seen you on chat or Vent for 4-5 days now, and I've been there at all the times where you'd be off work and be there. Ah well...I suppose you're having fun with your Draenei Paladin more and with that other player ya met!?
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Sorry, been at work the last 3 days working 11-7. So I havn't been online a whole lot; just on my MSN/AIM/Yahoo on my Celly. I'll be on later though today. Today is the first day the bf and I have had the same day off in a long time. So we are kind of just chillin'. I'll be on later though for sure so we can have some fun :).
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:59 pm

I'm online now, after a long day of cooking out, napping, and goofing off.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:55 pm

When you guys hit 55 roll some DK's on thorium brotherhood. It's my main realm. Wish I could offer you guys a hand on another realm but other then rolling a dk to steamroll lower level instance for you I can't do much.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Ah I never actually returned to WoW after this initial thought, and this was before the announcement of FFXIV; which is all I'm really interested in anymore!
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:06 am

I could do that, but I'm enjoying myself RPing on Moon Guard. Now that I've realized it's fun to RP in MMO's ((at least for me because I love to RP anyway in general)), I can't get myself to do anything on any other servers. Feel's like a waste of time, lol. Maybe I will at some point. I'm level 43 now, so I'm still 12 levels from making a DK xD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters...   New Characters... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Characters...
Page 1 of 1