Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Character Names

Go down 
+4
Toeol Leonheart
Corday Rynir
Khalus Akuhei
Gath Iroku
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:48 am

thought id ask around and see whos beta testing and what names they are using.

I went with Gath, again. Hit me up if your on!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 am

Khalus, but havn't been playing much...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:43 am

Corday usually, but I'm using beta to try out various builds... so I could be anyone...

Onigiri Mad Eyes

Marksman/Saboteur is fun btw! Add in Riftstalker and you have a kiting machine (with little melee tho... keep em at range).
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:45 am

Ive been tanking it up with a paladin/warlord combo. I added in beastmaster for solo as well. its pretty damn fun.
Back to top Go down
Toeol Leonheart

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:38 am

Toeol, went sorta cookie cutter with Paragon/Voidblade/Champion

that being said, only played for like 2 hours and then went back to playing lotro lol
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Talos duh!!! lol your usually glory hound warrior at your service! anyways we all play this at launch and if so we can play on a pvp server if nott no big deal just a question hehehe
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm not a fan of the PvP servers. I find the level of maturity in the general chat is lower than it is even on the non RP PvE servers... not to mention the griefers.

Haven't spent much time in them, but I believe that you automatically flag for PvP if you go into the warfront areas in even on PvE servers... same as you would in WAR. I prefer keeping PvP in these areas.

That way, if you don't want to get ganked, you just stay out of the PvP lake... if you go in... know yer gonna get attacked.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Yeah, a PvP server is an absolute no. With the devs saying they're doing everything they can to allow all players to choose PvE or PvP without being forced into the other{gear also}, I'd rather take them up on that offer and stick to PvE only.

However I'm still unsure if I'll even play Rift. {My mother all but gave me the green light today to build my own home in the rear of the barn at our other house... Once I get images I'll make a new thread about it for all to follow.}
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:47 pm

that is fine, just let me know the server name and i shell be there
Back to top Go down
Vjad Shadoweye

Vjad Shadoweye

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:00 pm

I just D/L the client but i have to wait for an invitation email until i can play. I'll probably use Gartlan, Throdin or Vjad depending on which race I go with.
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:51 am

I pre-ordered today for early start on Feb 24th. Until we get more content on ffxiv, Im probably be playing this quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:44 pm

well gath i will go to glory with u!!!
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:39 pm

hurray!! Although many of the LS member don't want to go PvP, I will probably start on PvP server. My brother wants to start with me as well, He has a dominating personally and thats why i never invited him over lol, but he is a great player in almost any role.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:16 pm

There's a healthy dose o' PvP even on the PvE servers. As far as I can tell based on my experience in the betas, the only difference between Rift PvE and Rift PvP servers is similar to how they differ in WoW... PvP servers allow open-world PvP.

I do enjoy the uncertainty of whether or not I'm about to get wtfpwnt by someone... the rush you get when fighting for your life against another player is fun. The downside is... the f*cktard waiting near my quest objective who then proceeds to camp my corpse because.

As with the WoW PvP servers, so far the maturity level in the Rift PvP servers has been pretty low. Maybe once the game is released, a good chunk of that will disappear as the beta free ride ends.

If I roll on a PvP server, (i might do that just to test the water) it'll have to be one of the RP servers... the majority of folks who roll toons on RP servers tend to be more mature gamers.
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:53 am

thats true about the RP servers. Ill see how it pans out, I just want to make the most out of the head start
Back to top Go down
Vjad Shadoweye

Vjad Shadoweye

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:02 pm

I don't mind playing on a PvP server. I played on one on WoW and the only issue was the occasional max level player running through the zone and insta-killing all the low level people. In my case on WoW it was a druid starfiring people. I heard that the PvP is well balanced so im even less intimidated by open world PvP.
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:47 pm

im really stoked on the PvP souls, a maxed out Vindicator seems almost impossible to kill, but will not do very much damage, or vise versa
Back to top Go down
Toeol Leonheart

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:38 pm

might try a PVP server on this weekends beta test also.
Back to top Go down
Vjad Shadoweye

Vjad Shadoweye

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:51 pm

which servers are you guys on?
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Most of the toons I have rolled so far are on Belmont and Faeblight... both PvE servers. I'm using beta to experiment with builds... I don't want to delve into the game too much otherwise I'll be burned out by release.

I want to try out some cleric builds this weekend, so I'll probably roll that on one of the PvP servers, most likely a RP server but nothin set in stone.

I won't be playing till like 8 my time, so I'll jump into vent to see where everyone is.
Back to top Go down
Toeol Leonheart

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:33 pm

I think i pretty much used the beta to work out that I dont think i will be vuying this game
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Understandable, I feel the same way. Its neat though, when there are a dozen Rifts open and there are hordes of elite mobs roaming all over. I got into a huge battle today, there must have been over 200 players there and over 100 mobs, and while it was fun for awhile, after we finished that, several more started right away and they all ran for the next one. I just couldn't bring myself to do again so soon and logged out.

I'm still unsure on purchasing Rift, but atm I still feel it be a no. Honestly I think I'm losing interest in MMOs altogether, cause I can't seem to find anything worthwhile anymore, or if it is somewhat the community is nonexistent or style of play is blah...
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:44 am

I'll still be getting Rift... I'm having a blasty trying out different soul builds and seeing how they play.

I think we all need a hiatus from MMOs from time to time. OTOH... there's quite a few very interesting titles on the horizon... hell I'm even more intrigued by TOR now that it's looking more and more like a complete title. Not to mention GW2, Tera, Secret World, and if CCP ever releases World of Darkness... yeah that one's gonna consume any and all of my play time.... kinda like WH40K will for Talos Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:20 pm

sadly 40k isnt out till next year. and im going to try and get rift after im done moving
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:54 am

40k is expect to pop out around 2012 or 2013 and hopefully that IP won't become a pile of crap. as for rifts for those it are going to be playing, we should maybe vote on a side and server type so we can all be together. along with fighting and dying for glory! anyways everyone throw some server types and sides and hopefully we can all agree on which side to play. just a thought that is all kids
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names   Character Names Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Names
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next