Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXIV Windower

Go down 
+6
Liari Genki
Netheri Vaiusi
Shirigu Bateau
Toeol Leonheart
Corday Rynir
Khalus Akuhei
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:54 pm

I have been testing it this morning and it works exceptionally well. I'm still quite partial to using just the Keyboard, but for targeting mobs and setting skills on your hot-bar and inventory navigation its very fluid and fast~fast~fast...

Quote :

I Features

• - It enables you to play FFXIV in pseudo full screen mode (no window borders), just like any other game nowadays
  • - You can use alt-tab in the full screen mode without FFXIV crashing due to the DirectX error message
  • - No more crashes due to UAC, ctrl alt del or anything else that lets you lose the DirectX device (exception: driver crash)
  • - FFXIV runs a bit faster (about 5%) than in the build in window mode
  • - Enables hardware mouse without patching any game files
  • - Easy to use and configure through build in launcher and settings application
  • - This is NOT just a simple borderless window maker like the other windowers for FFXIV out there

II Roadmap (features to come)

• - Plugin interface
  • - Support for multiple screens
  • - More DirectX options to tweak the game
  • - Integrate a help function
  • - A lot of bugfixes :)

III Requirements

• - An up to date version of FFXIV
  • - Windows Vista or Windows 7 - it will not work on other systems

IV How to use

• - In FFXIV settings activate the window mode, also set the window size to your desktop's resolution
  • - Start launcher, set the path to your ffxivboot.exe (C:-\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\ffxivboot.exe) and press "Play FFXIV".
  • - You can also let the launcher create desktop links for you, which will enable you to start the game without starting the launcher first.

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:00 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Hmmm... thanks Khalus this sounds interesting. If it improves overall performance it's definitely worth a try.

Hardware mouse will make a few ppl happy too, though I'm having too much fun w/ my gamepad to switch back.
Back to top Go down
Toeol Leonheart

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Excellant Find, exactly what I was lookign for, been very impressed with it so far............
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Well I already noticed that the mouse speed improved in FFXIV last night and I did not have this program. It was not lagging at all like it used to and I could actually move and play with it.
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:32 pm

After initial testing - crashed 3 times in 30 minutes. Mouse lag was definately gone, although it has subsided a lot in recent patches. I will continue to use the windower after work to test some more, hopefully it becomes more stable.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:48 pm

I didn't crash during the last hour, but didn't notice much improvement either with this proggy.
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:39 am

seem to have a mouse issue with it, all targeting seems to be about 2 inches up and left for me. don't know if something is amiss on my end or if the windower
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:47 am

Sounds like resolution issues. make sure your ffxiv windowed resolution is set to the same as your desktop resolution.
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:54 am

where do you set it at? i didnt see an option for it in the launcher settings
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:02 am

never mind i took some initiative and figureed it out :D. thanks
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:04 am

oh god it looks better with the right res setting, thanks for even mentioning it lol
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:59 am

Yeah np man. Did it fix the mouse issue too?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:34 am

Updated OP with Official Website for this new FFXIV Windower...yatta!
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:45 am

yeah fixed the mouse issue. i didnt even realize that there was a settings .exe lol. just had to stop being lazy and look, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:55 pm

With Toeol letting us know Windower was given cease & desist order, and it shutting down.
Here's another option for playing pseudo full screen until they fix the ALT-TAB thing.

Download and Install AutoHotKey
http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

Download this file windowed.zip and extract it, edit the file to your resolution then have autohotkey run it.

You have to hit ctrl+shift+a with FFXIV running.
You have to change it to your resolution, this one is set at 1920x1080
Code:
^+a::
WinSet, Style, -0xC00000,a ; remove the titlebar and border(s)
WinMove, a, , 0, 0, 1920, 1080 ;
return
The below is how my script is because I want it on my second monitor with a resolution of 1280x800 (my main monitor is set at 1920x1080)

Code:
^+a::
WinSet, Style, -0xC00000,a ; remove the titlebar and border(s)
WinMove, a, , 1920, 0, 1280, 800 ;
return
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:29 am

Ok anyone got this file yet that I can use... since I was unable to download it before SE bullied the maker into shutting down?
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:44 am

It was already broken with the retail client...
Back to top Go down
Toeol Leonheart

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:55 am

yeah the windower didnt work no matter what you did, believe me i know :P
Back to top Go down
Kazariel Seraphim

Kazariel Seraphim

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:59 pm

It seems that first windower link got shut down by square enix v_v
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:04 pm

SE made them shut down the site and made it so the beta windower client doesn't work with retail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FFXIV Windower Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Windower   FFXIV Windower Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Windower
Page 1 of 1