Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon

Go down 
+2
Angstrom Sanchez
Khalus Akuhei
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:48 pm

So I was looking through Amazon today and found that Final Fantasy XIV is now available to pre-order, for both PC and PS3. Here are the links for each:

The real kicker though and it just may be another error on Amazon's part; which does happen from time to time. Especially when you catch it and place an order or pre-order before they change it. They can't and/or have never taken back an error if your order is already placed.

Take a look at this image of my pre-order, and what I'm talking about is that there is no mention of a promotion on the pre-order listing that I have noticed. I changed my shipping to 1-day, which normally costs $9.98, but there is a -$10.00 promotion being applied and I'm getting that shipping FREE...rofl There is a FREE super-saver shipping on most orders through Amazon, but that only applies to 5-9 business days, not 1 day.

Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon FFXIV-Pre-Order

Might as well take advantage of this error if that is what it is, and get your pre-order placed! muhahaha

EDIT: Amazon must have caught on to it, cause I just tried to replicate it the same way and its charging me for every shipping option except the FREE Super-Saver. Lucky me I guess...hehe
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:04 pm

You sure this is the best way to order?
I was going to look into getiting it with Gamestop or somthing.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:21 am

Seriously screw Gamestop...I've bought all my games from Amazon for years including MMOs and gotten them all in time for launch or quicker than the shipping says. Yeah I uh loathe Gamestop...they are very horrible company and well its a long story I dun wanna get into...hehe

Amazon has never let me down, and then little things like this are awesome to catch...rofl!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:23 am

I wonder if they will have a collectors edition. I hope not..my wife would try and be the first to order it. Onigiri Crying
I prefer Amazon myself. Gamestops idea of next day is with in a week. They burn me every time I order next day. I always have to call them any time I get a product that is supposed to have some sort of code or offer for ordering with them. As Khalus said, use Amazon. Onigiri Fan Faire
Back to top Go down
Ayaneko

Ayaneko

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:39 pm

They better have a CE cuz I will buy it for certain
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:53 pm

So you pay 49.99 to pre-order and then you have to pay for the game when it actually comes out? Or you pay 49.99 now and they ship it to you then at no extra charge? Usually when I pre-order / reserve a game I have to pay at least a small deposit...
Back to top Go down
Zzrik

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:18 pm

Shieldingboa wrote:
So you pay 49.99 to pre-order and then you have to pay for the game when it actually comes out? Or you pay 49.99 now and they ship it to you then at no extra charge? Usually when I pre-order / reserve a game I have to pay at least a small deposit...

The 49.99 you pay right now is to actually buy the game. No deposit or anything. Once the game releases, they ship it to your door.

All you are doing is paying for the game NOW instead of later.
Back to top Go down
Ayaneko

Ayaneko

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:23 pm

Zzrik wrote:
Shieldingboa wrote:

The 49.99 you pay right now is to actually buy the game. No deposit or anything. Once the game releases, they ship it to your door.

What he said :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:28 pm

Ayaneko wrote:
Zzrik wrote:
Shieldingboa wrote:

Nope, you don't pay anything until the day it ships...
Back to top Go down
Ayaneko

Ayaneko

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Khalus wrote:
Ayaneko wrote:
Zzrik wrote:
Shieldingboa wrote:

I stand corrected =)
Back to top Go down
Zzrik

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Khalus wrote:
Ayaneko wrote:
Zzrik wrote:
Shieldingboa wrote:

Don't you have the option to pay now? Thought I did one time on a pre-order awhile back.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:56 pm

Dunno...have only ever paid when it was avail to ship! I think that is a policy of Amazon, "don't charge for an item that is not in-stock" yet.

Last edited by Khalus on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:27 am

From my previous amazon preorder experience they charge when it ships. I don't recall a prepay option. Could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:58 am

Lonestar wrote:
I wonder if they will have a collectors edition.

If they do then I'll purchase that version instead, but for now I'm content with this one and the free 1-day shipping I was able to get...hehe However, if its a CE like a lot of other MMO have done over the past few years where you get different items based on where you pre-order...yeah I find that to be stupid, so it'll depend on what else would come with it.

If it had the soundtrack which I doubt, cause SE knows they can make million more on that alone later on, I'd consider it. Or maybe a world map would be neat, not paper, or even a making of DVD or art-book would be nice. Considering how Square-Enix has never jumped on the band-wagon and ruined their MMO like so many others have or made it easy-mode I doubt they'd follow suit with stupid CE items.

We shall see though... Onigiri Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon   Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-Order FFXIV @Amazon
Page 1 of 1