Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Does the Free Trial work for PS2?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Citrond

Citrond

Does the Free Trial work for PS2? Empty
PostSubject: Does the Free Trial work for PS2?   Does the Free Trial work for PS2? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:18 am

I noticed the free trial link over on the side of this site. I never knew FFXI offered a free trial :O I might use the trial to test out fenrir. Does it work with the PS2 version, or do I have to download the trial software to use the trial? What do I do with the code after I get it? :o Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Does the Free Trial work for PS2?   Does the Free Trial work for PS2? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:25 am

Honestly I don't know, but check out the link further down for SE Support Center and see if the answer is there.

Last edited by Khalus on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Zzrik

PostSubject: Re: Does the Free Trial work for PS2?   Does the Free Trial work for PS2? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:10 am

I am thinking that since they do not suppor the PS2 version anymore (only PC and xbox 360 now) that it might work as the trial is just for the vanilla version of FFXI without any expansions.

Not sure if that is fact or not but that is was I assume.
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Does the Free Trial work for PS2?   Does the Free Trial work for PS2? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:39 am

It works :) Trial only works for vanilla no matter what system. That part is in the FAQ. I do have all the expansions up to Wings of the Godess on PS2 though :p was rough finding the last two and I bought them in 2008, so you'd probably have to get them used now. I hope they don't pull this kind of "oops, we're not supporting that platform anymore" junk with the PS3 verison of FFXIV... Anyway, I'll post back in a few minutes to let you know what my trial character name is.

Edit: ... and by "a few minutes", of course, I mean a few minutes after I take a few hours to download all the updates I've missed since November 2008 xD
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Does the Free Trial work for PS2?   Does the Free Trial work for PS2? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:44 am

Yeah...updates can take awhile...depends on your ISP speeds!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Does the Free Trial work for PS2?   Does the Free Trial work for PS2? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm using Verizon FIOS and it still took like 4 hours xD I fell asleep before it finished. Anyway, my trial character is an elvaan called Citrond. Lv 8 red mage so far, but I might end up going back to the MH to try white mage... I forgot how high Elvaan MND was :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does the Free Trial work for PS2?   Does the Free Trial work for PS2? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does the Free Trial work for PS2?
Page 1 of 1