Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Howdy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Herkybirdy

Herkybirdy

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:33 am

Wow... my eyes must be getting bad in my old age, it took me five minutes to find the New Post button at the bottom. Well... just like everyone else I started playing shortly after release in summer of '03 or '04 and started on Sylph... so hard to remember that far back. I played for about a year until I got divorced (apparently she couldn't handle that I like FFXI more than I liked her). A friend got me to try EQ2 and I quit FFXI for about a month while I tried that. Reactivated and played steadily for the next 3 years trying other games like DAoC, EQ (traditional) and tried WoW twice (couldn't stand the repetitiveness of the quests and lack of plot). Finally quit late in '07 due to pressure from guys at work to play WoW with them. I had no RL friends who played FFXI so I gave it up to be with RL friends in WoW. I came back several times in '08 and just could never get back into it because I ran my own LS for 3 years and all my old friends were gone, and my LS obviously was gone. I finally said no more WoW when I caught myself logging in, running in circles for 2 hours not doing anything at all, and logging out.

I came back to FFXI in June and of course forgot about the billing and reactivated on like the 24th.. doh! Almost all of my old friends are gone and the one LS I still have a pearl for are all "LEET" now and doing dynamis, sea, etc. so I don't fit in (spend all 4 years in FFXI running in circles helping friends so never got anything over 70 but leveled all jobs spread over 4 toons at least a little.) I do prefer the social gaming experience as opposed to the "Hardcore! You must log in everyday for 10 hours and help kill the Uber-Mega Boss in Sea or you get kicked out of the guild" (Yet another reason I left WoW - And I hate PVP).

I would very much like to join ya'll on Fenrir (I think thats where ya'll are right)? I do have 3 toons, A taru mage, and Elvaan tank (PLD or NIN{just started leveling NIN), and a mithra DD (THF, RNG, and eventually SAM). I play all equally but will only move one toon at a time due to the expense in moving. I prefer not to start over because I've had the Taru and Elvaan since day one and I'm kind of attached and I've just sank to much blood, sweat, and Gil recently trying to start leveling all my crafts for RNG. Let me know what classes you "need" the most for me to be helpful (I enjoy helping more than I enjoy leveling/crafting).

Also, I am military stationed in Germany so my hours are offset 6 hours forward from EST, but I work the graveyard shift so weekends are the times I'm most active and usually in my afternoon/evening times (morning/afternoon for EST guys). If I'm active during the week its usually in late morning which is late, late evening to early morning for EST.

Also, I did get remarried and she does play occasionally but is usually very resistant to change (ie. she never forgave me for breaking up my old LS cause we started it together and all her in-game friends were in it). I do get lots of wife-aggro so i usually try to avoid very long instance-group type stuff but can on occasion get her out of the house so I can concentrate.

Well, bed time for me, I'll check back tomorrow for responses. Thanks for your time and patience in advance.

Edit: I forgot WoW was only 1 char per payment and FFXI is all chars up to 16 that you choose so I will probably be moving all my toons... See ya'll soon. Must get a kitchen pass first though because wife will probably cut me off again if i leave her all alone on the other server.

Last edited by Herk on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Char Moves)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=10000012107159
Ianthe Reine

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:36 pm

First: Wall of text crits Asmiro for 432. Asmiro dies.

Second: Welcome and I hope to see you ingame sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:50 pm

Welcome Herk, and sure we'd be glad to have ya join us! The hours of course we'll have to work around when you can get on, but I and few others tend to be on late and early many times.

We are on Fenrir too!

I'll get ya upgraded to a member shortly, and please be sure to read through our members sections. There is a lot of info you'll need to read and some to respond too...thx
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:33 pm

Welcome!! Glad to have you with us!! I have to deal with hubby aggro from time to time so I totally and completely understand!
Back to top Go down
Kloyd

Kloyd

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Hey Welcome aboard! I enjoyed reading through your story there haha See ya in game!
Back to top Go down
Ollipeist

Ollipeist

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:56 pm

I like the avatar, see in game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy