Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Howdy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Socio

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:06 am

Hello everybody. I'm very new to FFXI and like some of you I was directed here from mmorpg.com.

I've played about 4 of the FF games and loved every one and was especially obsessed with VII.
As for MMO's I've played GW, WOW, AOC, and WAR and could never find anything I could really stick to for a long period of time. I sometimes blame my 6-8 mth tenures on the game, but I think a huge part of it was never being able to find a good group of players to play with. I hear tons of good stuff and not a whole lot of negatives for FFXI so I'm gonna give this one a shot and I think this LS may be the group of players I'm needing to stick to a game.

Hope to talk to yall much more and I'm pumped for some future gaming experiences... Woo!

-Socio
Back to top Go down

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:24 am

Hellu and welcome.

I've played them to, trying to get around the some of the gankers and bots was pain. Also the people are real jerks, Elites and others.

Most people I know are as well can't get eough of FFVII, good story and game play, with a bunch of side stuff to do. :D
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:44 am

Hello Socio, and welcome! New players are always welcome but since you're really new to FFXI as with everyone we can only show/tell you so much and you have to learn the rest and develop your own play-style which is where all the guides I wrote and New Player Videos SE made come into play, so be sure to check those out and also read our members section for some important threads you'll need to post in!

Membership coming shortly!

Last edited by Khalus on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:17 am

Hello and welcome! It will be great to have you along. There are lots of resources posted by Khalus on this site that you will find helpful as a new player to FFXI. I would take a look at those :)
Back to top Go down
Arlind

Arlind

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Welcome to the fold! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy   Howdy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy