Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Empty
PostSubject: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world   Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:29 am

Posted by Citrond in the Chocobo Chat...this is a really good video to watch, and I didn't want anyone to miss it. It covers "truth" about gaming which is quite awesome and everyone should watch it!

Quote :
Games like World of Warcraft give players the means to save worlds, and
incentive to learn the habits of heroes. What if we could harness this
gamer power to solve real-world problems? Jane McGonigal says we can,
and explains how.

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world   Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:51 am

Very good video. Give you a lot to think about. Very innovative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world   Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:40 am

That was cool! I love TED talks! This is another one with Johnny Lee and I plan on using this idea if I am in a school with no interactive whiteboard.

Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world   Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:51 am

I commented in the shoutbox because I didn't know you made this into an actual post lol, I'll just copy-paste my comment:

I don't want to save the real world! video game worlds are far more interesting :p plus I don't get supapowas!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/

PostSubject: Re: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world   Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:30 am

But she says we do possess suppapowas! Blissful Optimism, Social Fabric...darn I already forgot the other two.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world   Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Way to show how much you learned from that video there Bri-bri...rofl
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world   Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:11 pm

At least I remembered something Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world 671871
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world   Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 4:39 pm

I never learn anything :o lol
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world   Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:33 am

Intresting video.
I dont agree with everything shee says, but its nice to know some people actually care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world   Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world
Page 1 of 1