Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

My gaming addiction

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

My gaming addiction Empty
PostSubject: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Im not saying its a bad thing but.
Iv had to deal with it and balence it
to stay sane, and not destroy my RL.

This is N intresting read I think everyone
should take a look at, being aware is the first
part of helping yourself, to a balenced healthy life.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:55 am

I doubt I'll be breaking my addiction anytime soon. Video games are one of the very few things keeping my sanity intact.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:40 am

Asmiro wrote:
I doubt I'll be breaking my addiction anytime soon. Video games are one of the very few things keeping my sanity intact.

Never thought of it that way.

Onigiri Drink

now that you mention it there are a few times it has
helped me get passed difficult time of my life.

Like when money is going out but not coming in.
Onigiri Cry
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Hello, my name is Pyrrha and I'm an addict.

And I don't want to get better!

Don't have any other passtimes :p and spending time with my family?! Pah! Conversations about the different ingredients used to make tonight's supper and planning the princess in the family's way back home which usually results in me being her bitch for the day and driving her around, are not interesting. (|No Thanks.|)

I often find the general public irritates the hell out of me, me staying in isolation playing games is better for the world.
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Pyrrha wrote:

Don't have any other passtimes :p and spending time with my family?! Pah! Conversations about the different ingredients used to make tonight's supper and planning the princess in the family's way back home which usually results in me being her bitch for the day and driving her around, are not interesting. (|No Thanks.|)

I often find the general public irritates the hell out of me, me staying in isolation playing games is better for the world.

Onigiri oo

Did you guy even bother reading the article or just skiped right over it /ignore?

XD
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:02 pm

Didn't read it cause I don't see gaming as an addiction in any way, shape or form! Its part of the way I live my life, and I enjoy it greatly if the games I choose to play are worthwhile, and its also a great way to meet new friends and learn about other cultures and discover all kinds of things about life; one would otherwise miss out on.

Best part is that its from the safety of ones home where you are most comfortable.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:16 pm

The article talk about gaming company's and study's on Hamsters, to understand how to keep
players playing, hooked and subed.

I gess Ignorence is bliss.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:36 am

Johny wrote:
Pyrrha wrote:

Onigiri oo

Did you guy even bother reading the article or just skiped right over it /ignore?

XD

I usually just say what I think of even if it has nothing to do with the topic at hand ^^b
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:52 am

Its not like i dont take some of the responcibility. I think my Post was badly titled.

The article is really worth a read though. i would have not posted it if not.

In the end Though All companies study how to work us like hammsters that shouldnt

come as a suprise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:26 am

thought the article was interesting and i did fail my first semester cuz of ffxi XD but like it says. i can sit and read BS i dont car about or i can play ffxi and /slap Pyr all day Onigiri Mad Eyes choices...
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Achasia wrote:
thought the article was interesting and i did fail my first semester cuz of ffxi XD but like it says. i can sit and read BS i dont car about or i can play ffxi and /slap Pyr all day Onigiri Mad Eyes choices...

I gess it all comes down to RL not being intresting. You have to put way to much effort and still the rewards are way to few and small.... Heh

Its a tuff subject.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Achasia wrote:

/slap

There, I got my fix :p
Back to top Go down
Torpy

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Great article Johny

For myself, I find that the less I'm gaming the more proud I am over myself and feel overall happier. I guess you could say that my 'having fun at the computer' correlates negatively with 'life happiness' I love gaming though, especially MMO's, the more hardcore the better, but probably for the wrong reasons.

I envy you khalus for not getting addicted and having a problem with gaming, but it *certainly* is an addiction for some people, myself included
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My gaming addiction   My gaming addiction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My gaming addiction
Page 1 of 1