Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXI External Configuration

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXI External Configuration Empty
PostSubject: FFXI External Configuration   FFXI External Configuration Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:36 am

You can access the FFXI Config menu by "Start Menu/All Programs/PlayOnline/Final Fantasy XI" If you don't know what a term means, there is always Google to find out!

General
Enable MIP mapping, and most importantly check the "Start in Windowed Mode" box so you can alt+tab out of the game to check online. Not running in windowed mode will kill the game if you tab out. You can also use a program called "Windower" which too me works much better and has many options to further increase graphics quality and viewing distances. {More on that here...}
FFXI External Configuration FFXIConfig-General

Screen Size
Set the resolution size which is native to your monitor, and you can also choose the BG Resolution. Mine is blanked out because I'm forcing a higher resolution with Registry Editing. {More on that here...}
FFXI External Configuration FFXIConfig-ScreenSize

Textures
I use Uncompressed, as to my knowledge means that the textures would be accessed faster, resulting in better performance only if you have the video ram to handle it.
FFXI External Configuration FFXIConfig-Textures

Effects
Turn on Bump Mapping and choose smooth for EA.
FFXI External Configuration FFXIConfig-Effects

Sound
Obviously turn on sound, and crank the amount of effects simultaneously to 20!
FFXI External Configuration FFXIConfig-Sound

Misc.
I'd uncheck the opening movie unless you want to click past it every time you load up POL, rest is self-explanatory!
FFXI External Configuration FFXIConfig-Misc
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

FFXI External Configuration
Page 1 of 1