Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta Empty
PostSubject: Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta   Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:52 pm

Well, I'm in OB....has an entirely new tutorial that wasn't there in CB. Not bad, but eh what tutorial is ever fun...LOL

Playing as Khalus as usual of late....the art is very different and character options are odd and very different than used too. After getting into the game and able to crank the graphics to max it looks much better. It is very interesting so far, but being its more a P2P than a F2P where you pay for playtime via using a Cash Shop style of points I'm not sure yet if I'd stick with it. Seems you can only get a character to Fame lvl 7 before it cuts you off and you have to pay for more time to advance, so I've read. Only Fame 3 atm, so dunno how far we can get in OB unless its all open for now until it goes live.

Overall I'm intrigued and the voice style of how the story is presented in the beginning is nifty and I like it alot. Kinda wanna know more about it now, but unsure unless say many of you were all to wanna commit to it. Aziel, Zet, Xoa, Tluth...etc ...anyone else?

Anyway....lemme me know what you all think of it!

oh and the rotating hot bar it a little better this time...maybe cause it was explained a bit more and I actually read through the tutorial....rofl

Last edited by Khalus on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta   Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Oddly enough, I'm reading the quests now, hehehe. I'm testing out rogue (Lae) and spellcaster (Lae'a). But I dunno if I really want to play on Live though.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta   Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Yeah I gave it some more time, and its gotten a little better, but I don't wanna do another P2P anytime soon, I think. Wanna stick to F2P since I can come/go as I please with no time/payment lost!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Xao

Xao

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta   Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:33 am

I like the environments, music, naratives, etc. But I'm no liking the skill bar. The fact that it goes from Teir 1, to Tier 2 of the bar, as soon as you use 1 skill, bugs me. Played for a good hour or so, and wasn't feeling it. If they made it so you could rotate the bar, without having to use a skill to cause it to rotate, it would be a different story. And if you can, I'm not seeing it. Because mine wont let me at all. Either way, it is interesting, but as for the combat, no thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta   Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chronicles of Spellborn Open Beta
Page 1 of 1