Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Impressive FFXI changes coming soon!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Impressive FFXI changes coming soon! Empty
PostSubject: Impressive FFXI changes coming soon!   Impressive FFXI changes coming soon! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Square-Enix released an very interesting Q&A today for FFXI, with some very surprising changes in store! And they plan to have them implemented before the Mid-February version update.

Read the full Q&A here...

The major highlights though are damned nice:

Quote :

Q: I'd like to undertake Fields of Valor training regimes more often than once per Vana'diel day.

A: We are moving to abolish the per-day training limit imposed upon Fields of Valor, and expect to be able to deliver this change ahead of the next major version update. The gil and tab reward allocated for the completion of each regime, however, will be issued no more than once per day.

Q: Very few items are being auctioned at each of the three nations, making it difficult to acquire what I need.

A: An auction house merger is in the pipes for the next major version update, which will make it possible for players to bid for and sell a particular item at all auction houses. As this change may profoundly impact the in-game economy and flow of items and gil, due consideration will be given to all aspects of the merger leading up to its implementation.

Q: Are there plans to lift level restrictions placed upon battlefields for nation of allegiance missions?

A: Yes. To begin with, we are planning to lift level restrictions currently in place for the battlefields listed below, the implementation of which is expected to take place ahead of the next major version update.

- San d'Oria: Journey Abroad / The Ruins of Fei'Yin
- Bastok: The Emissary / Darkness Rising
- Windurst: The Three Kingdoms / The Final Seal
The lifting of level restrictions is also being considered for certain other quests in the future.

These would be the remaining two nation missions that still had level capped fights, the 2-3 Dragon, and the 5-2 Undead fight in Fei'Yin...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Impressive FFXI changes coming soon!   Impressive FFXI changes coming soon! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 5:02 am

Once again, more Q&A. Only one really stand out, which coincides with last weeks changes. More XP and Skill gains in all areas outside Abyssea...this will be interesting! These will change XI quite significantly, though I don't know if this will be for the better or not yet, but it will definitely allow new/returning players to level at lightning speeds and catch up to the top heavy lvl 90 population!

So much for FFXI being the only unique MMO remaining that still catered to the elder MMO gamer that enjoyed camp/pull PTs. Well its not like PTs won't happen anymore, I just wonder how long you'll spend in an area before moving on, or how many will just solo instead.

Quote :
Q: At present, there is a significant gap between experience point yield in Abyssea as compared to all other areas. Furthermore, skill growth often lags behind level gain. Will this imbalance be addressed?

A: Yes. The minor patch scheduled for mid-February will usher in an experience boost for non-Abyssea areas, as well as relaxed skill improvement conditions.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
ArdentAngel

PostSubject: Re: Impressive FFXI changes coming soon!   Impressive FFXI changes coming soon! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:10 pm

It looks like i might be playing from scratch as galka again with these changes. Thinking of maining whm and brd with BST for nostalgia purposes and utility (solo astral ring NM anyone?) among other things.

Is WHM taxi service still a good way to make a buck? I was thinking of that to help me catch up in gil to afford some of the extra gear galka mages need if i cant get it alone. I dont know where people access the abyssea areas and if this renders your standard 3 teleport spells useless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impressive FFXI changes coming soon!   Impressive FFXI changes coming soon! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impressive FFXI changes coming soon!
Page 1 of 1