Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Empty
PostSubject: Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs   Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:43 pm

This is a pretty good article, 2 of 4 parts are available thus far. When he's talking about the nostalgic elder days of MMOs, I can't stop the massive flood of memories hitting me, but I love remembering how great those days were! Those were some truly good times indeed, and I'm very glad that Square-Enix still sees things that way and FFXIV as with FFXI is holding onto as much of those early days as it can!

Quote :

The lines have been drawn and MMORPG.com's Adam Tingle is ready to sound the battle cry in his latest Fighting Words column. This time, Adam pits old MMORPGs against new MMORPGs. How much do shiny sparkly graphics matter when compared to huge expansive worlds and massive factional battles? Find out what Adam think and then, as always, give us your thoughts!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs   Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:40 pm

I have fond memories of EQ.

Then realize that those were memories of when I was a grade school student and my responsibilities included mowing the lawn and cleaning my room.

I'd never have time for an old school game at the age I'm at now.
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs   Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:21 am

All my fond mmo memories are with FFXI ^_^ having a deep storyline and epic battles are the best ^_^ and I remember the huge Christmas Tree Event... fun times ^_^
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs   Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 am

agreed ffxi will be forever in my heart... i'd go back and play ffxi if they remake their graphics lol...
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs   Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:36 am

If I was able to use the 10,000 Crysta I bought for FFXIV on XI I'd prolly return immediately, but thats not possible...sigh
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs   Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:38 am

why the hell did you buy that many crysta???? oh right you still need to buy even tho you are in free period... sneaky !@#$%%#
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs   Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 am

Hyorinmaru Touchi wrote:
why the hell did you buy that many crysta???? oh right you still need to buy even tho you are in free period... sneaky !@#$%%#

Hey when you spend that much time and money on a new computer to play a game. buying 10000 crysta is just the tip of the iceburg

Onigiri oo
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs   Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:49 pm

Angstrom Sanchez wrote:
Hyorinmaru Touchi wrote:

Hey when you spend that much time and money on a new computer to play a game. buying 10000 crysta is just the tip of the iceburg

Onigiri oo

i was sarcastically attacking SE's payment system Onigiri Dead

c'mon FF is the only mmo that i know of that requires players to pay in advance regardless free period (the crysta system)... why not give me free 10k crysta to pay for the first month instead when i chose to pay by crysta? instead i had to purchase a full mth worth of crysta to access the free month???

answer is simple.... let the $$$$$ flows in first... at least they gave us another free month tho... that was the "shut up & don't sue us for making you buy a pandora's box" money.... and it works btw... at least for me Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs   Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:53 am

I wasn't required to purchase any Crysta when signing up.

I still have 0 Crysta on my account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs   Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighting Talk: New vs Old MMOs
Page 1 of 1