Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

The state of MMOs over the last few years.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tareith

The state of MMOs over the last few years. Empty
PostSubject: The state of MMOs over the last few years.   The state of MMOs over the last few years. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:37 pm

Anyone else sick of the crap that's been released for MMOs over the last few years? It seems to me it went something like this:

WoW came out and got a crap ton of players. Any MMO in development or recently released regeared and tried to copy WoW in an effort to get some of their players (Prime example: EQ2). That failed so they tried to focus on one of the things that WoW does horribly - PVP. They've since changed PvP from a feature to a stop-gap for a lack of content. "Who needs well planned and fun instances, quests, and well coded games when you can go beat on people?!?!" (See Age of Conan, Warhammer, and Darkfail)

Nobody asked the players what they wanted, instead they just try and ram this crap down our collective throats and expect us to be happy. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with PVP and I enjoy it but, I want solid PVE too. Why do they fail so badly at realizing that PVE servers are far more populated for a reason?

And this brings me to FFXIV. It's not that I look at the game and say, "Oh SE, don't mess this up" it's more of "You're the last bloody chance for a good PVE MMO and if you mess this up, I'm done with MMOs." It's been years since I've been hooked on a MMO and guess what, it wasn't some rushed, half-assed game with buggy code and horribly imbalanced classes. I don't know, maybe I'm just being picky but I don't think it's asking for too much.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

The state of MMOs over the last few years. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The state of MMOs over the last few years.   The state of MMOs over the last few years. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Know exactly what you mean, but unfortunately I've put way to much money into my PC to give up on MMOs even if FFXIV isn't very good. I'll just drudge away in something as I've always done....heh
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

The state of MMOs over the last few years.
Page 1 of 1