Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXIV Recommended Specs.

Go down 
+11
Vexia Ravenlocke
Corday Rynir
Qwalen Masthead
Dachartach Arnductas
Cecilia White
Soten Enki
Hyorinmaru Touchi
Avgustin Narion
Roan Varuna
Xzen Corvus
Khalus Akuhei
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXIV Recommended Specs. Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:34 pm

These are some rather hefty specs for the average user, but keep in mind these are not the required specs to run this on low or medium:

Source...

• Window Size and Display Mode 1280x720 (Windowed)
  • Ambient Occlusion OFF
  • Depth of Field ON
  • Shadow Detail Standard
  • Multisampling 4x MSAA
  • Buffer Size Window Size
  • Texture Quality High
  • Texture Filtering High

Recommended System Requirements:

• OS Windows® 7 32-bit/64-bit*
  • CPU Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66GHz or higher
  • CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
  • RAM 4GB or more
  • HDD/SDD Installation: 15GB of free space
  • Download: 6GB of free space on the drive containing "My Documents"
  • Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 or better with VRAM 768MB or more
  • Graphics Card
  • ATI HD 5830 1GB or better.
  • Sound Card DirectSound® compatible sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
  • Internet Connection Broadband or better (always-on)
  • Resolution 1280x720 (32-bit) or higher
  • DirectX® DirectX® 9.0c
  • Others Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad

Thankfully those nVidia 460 768mb-1gb video cards are only running around $199-$249 which is not bad for one of the new 400 series cards. I'm however waiting for the 475 instead, which should be a very good card considering that nVidia is following the same suite as they did with the 200 series. And the GTX 275 {my current card} was far better than the 270, and slightly less than the 280. I'd expect the GTX 475 superclocked edition to be around $350 which is just the right price for me, and as soon as it releases that is what I'll be getting.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Xzen Corvus

Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:00 pm

You telling me my vista ultimate 64bit 4gb ddr3 ram and 2XGeforce 295's are under recommended spec?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:16 pm

hehe, looks like it, but you'll still be able to play it, just not on maximum settings. You should consider upgrading to Windows 7 though, it really is worth it, Vista is such a massive resource hog.
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:22 pm

For real? I'm pushing 3.4 gbs of vram with 4 gpus between my 2 GTX 295s and that doesn't cut it?
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
hehe, looks like it, but you'll still be able to play it, just not on maximum settings. You should consider upgrading to Windows 7 though, it really is worth it, Vista is such a massive resource hog.

I would but that would cost me too much at the moment. I have another 4gb of ram I can add for a total of 8gb of ram but I can't seem to get it to run stable with them. I figured upgrading to one of the high end i7s and some 2000mhz memory dimms was pretty much all i could do at this point.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Xzen, I really wouldn't sweat it with your current build.
The only downer in your case is the lack of SLI usage.

Another 2-4 gigs of ram wouldn't hurt though.
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion

Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:34 pm

I would think that the dual GTX 295s would be way more than sufficient to max the game out.

Unless, of course, SE doesn't optimize the game for multi-GPU setups. I fail to see why they would do that, however. I know the benchmark doesn't make use of more than one video card. But it's only a benchmark. . . right?
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Avgustin wrote:
I would think that the dual GTX 295s would be way more than sufficient to max the game out.

Unless, of course, SE doesn't optimize the game for multi-GPU setups. I fail to see why they would do that, however. I know the benchmark doesn't make use of more than one video card. But it's only a benchmark. . . right?
Yeah. I'm hoping the game it self will. the bench most defiantly does not.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:10 pm

crap... looks like i need a new laptop lol
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:46 pm

As absurd as this sounds, I'm thinking about buying a Solid State Drive at this point to help (marginally) with data transfer speed. Could use it as a boot disk and to run the game.

It's almost silly how much this game has driven me to pamper my system. lol
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion

Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Roan Varuna wrote:
It's almost silly how much this game has driven me to pamper my system. lol

I built an entirely new system just for FFXIV. The game's driving us to do all sorts of absurb things.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:59 pm

I went from a 1400 score to a 2200 going from a 3870 x2 to a 5770 on max for benchmark.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
4 gigs ram
Windows Vista Ultimate

I definitely need to upgrade to windows 7 and grab some more ram. Mabie try my hand out at overclocking my processor.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Arukan Enki wrote:
I went from a 1400 score to a 2200 going from a 3870 x2 to a 5770 on max for benchmark.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
4 gigs ram
Windows Vista Ultimate

I definitely need to upgrade to windows 7 and grab some more ram. Mabie try my hand out at overclocking my processor.

My Q9550 is @ 3.4 stable with an after market cooler. I'm sure you could get 'er up to 3 ghz easy on stock cooling. 45 nm cpus stay relatively cool even on slightly higher voltages.
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:09 pm

here's the specs on my comp that I know of. Most of the stuff is a year or so old.
AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.80 Ghz
4 GB RAM
windows 7 ultimate 32-bit
ATI Radeon HA 4600
should I be getting more than 1200 on the benchmark on regular mode with this?
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:19 pm

Rosa Raevyn wrote:
here's the specs on my comp that I know of. Most of the stuff is a year or so old.
AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.80 Ghz
4 GB RAM
windows 7 ultimate 32-bit
ATI Radeon HA 4600
should I be getting more than 1200 on the benchmark on regular mode with this?

Your graphics card is holding your score back. I would assume you could run well over 3k in lower res. The rest of your system is pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:51 pm

I wonder why my score is so low in low res then.. I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:05 pm

Rosa Raevyn wrote:
I wonder why my score is so low in low res then.. I just don't get it.

Misread that... So 1200 is your low score huh. What did you get on high out of curiosity?

One element that's obvious is your use of 32 bit windows. "The 32 or 64 bit architecture refers to the memory address length that
can be referenced by the processor. This also has an impact on the
maximum amount of memory that can be utilised, which is 4GB for a 32 bit
CPU (but in reality the maximum accessible ram is often closer to 3.4
GB due to other hardware allocations such as graphics card memory)."
Difference between 32 bit and 64 bit windows 7

FFXIV is optimized for 64 bit systems and draws from its potential.

Your processor isn't all that old, but this benchmark is ridiculously hungry.

You will be able to run the game moderately well according to the minimum requirements list. I wouldn't worry too much.

------------------

-EDIT- Went and bought a 64 gb SSD drive (boot + FFXIV drive) for 100$. Obsessively browsing NCIX.com paid off I guess; 50$ off regular price. Not too shabby.

-Another Edit- After balancing my overclocking (keeping gpu at about 65 cel under load, cpu @ 45 max), here are my results (SSD pending). I think all those adjustments and upgrades paid off in the end.

HD
FFXIV Recommended Specs. 14tbhc4

LD

FFXIV Recommended Specs. 29d7gwp

Last edited by Roan Varuna on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Crap. My machine is nearly a year old, and seems a bit out of date. I got a score of about 2700 on the low benchmark, and I thought that was good. I am still running vista though, I'll probably get that upgraded pretty soon, should have already, really. This is the only real hurdle for this game, I think. I'm not really in a position to pay for extensive upgrades.

Master, what am I to do?

Alone? Against so many? You will do the only thing you CAN do. You will lose.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Dachartach Arnductas wrote:
Crap. My machine is nearly a year old, and seems a bit out of date. I got a score of about 2700 on the low benchmark, and I thought that was good. I am still running vista though, I'll probably get that upgraded pretty soon, should have already, really. This is the only real hurdle for this game, I think. I'm not really in a position to pay for extensive upgrades.

With that benchmark being as merciless as it is, your score indicates that you'll be able to play on better than minimum resolutions.

If you're not a hardware nut like some of us are here, get yourself a quick fix like a GTX 460 (or an ATI 5770) or some ram (depending on your build, just shooting in the dark here) to hold you over until your next machine, be it in a year or whatever. No need to go nuts over this, SE is sure to make the game run smoother as time goes by.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 am

got a link for the benchmark???
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:14 am

Its on the Links page or on the right--->
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:19 am

Touchi wrote:
got a link for the benchmark???

Here you go.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 am

ah thanks... 172mb gotta wait home to dl... got quota at the office >.<
hope i can score high enough on the laptop so i don't have to upgrade it...
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:54 am

Building a new PC for this actually. I can run it ok on my current rig but this is the excuse I needed.
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Dedicated one of my GPUs for PhsyX and got another 100 points out of my bench score for a total of 4644 on low....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Recommended Specs.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next