Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Canadian Pre Order?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

Canadian Pre Order? Empty
PostSubject: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:31 pm

From what I can gather, American online distributors ( Amazon namely) are the only ones offering release day shipping. Sweet deal as you get to pre order and receive your game the day it launches.

All the Canadian variants I've checked out (Amazon.ca, Gamestop.ca) offer express shipping + processing which equates to 2-3 days lost from the head start.

The plan for me as it stands is to camp outside a Gamestop with a confirmed shipment of the Collector's Edition.

What are you other canucks doing? Have you found yourselves a good retailer to pre order from?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:48 pm

GL getting it on release day up there. I've gone with Amazon for their release date delivery.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
GL getting it on release day up there. I've gone with Amazon for their release date delivery.

I will definitely try my best... I know that a day or two isn't much in the grand scheme, but I'm a little too obsessed to let that pass. lol
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:13 pm

I haven't figured out what I want to do yet, I have a hard time getting around to the other side of town to where the nearest store I could purchase FFXIV is. Damn americans, always getting all the benefits! lol
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:19 pm

I think it has to do with that "Freedom" part, even though it doesn't feel like it sometimes with all the red tape we gotta cut through to get to it! Canadian Pre Order? 671871
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 am

Saying Canada doesn't have "freedom"?!

As for pre-ordering, I'm just going to go to ebgames, seeing as ordering it online means I'd have to wait 2-3 days after it's released.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I just preordered from amazon even if I have to wait a few extra days doesn't bother me any. Beats waiting in a line day of.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Yeah I prolly won't get mine until the afternoon of the 22nd, but even all our stores around here that deal in games don't get their shipments until 1-3pm, so all good!
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:43 pm

Shipping estimate for
these items:
Sep 27 2010 So much for early access lol

Looks like amazon.ca is the kid at the back of the bus banging his head against the wall.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:47 pm

eep...so you won't get it on release day then...guess thats a US option only...dern!

Well feel free to get on vent during those days and I'll keep ya updated with whatever you wanna know, that goes for anyone that won't have it on Sept 22nd.

Still though, the CE is worth every penny whether you can start early or not, but it does suck you have to wait longer.
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:20 am

If they don't ship it until later, you could always go to a local store and preorder it...
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:25 am

Satha Kuuetsija wrote:
If they don't ship it until later, you could always go to a local store and preorder it...

Yeah that's pretty much the plan at this point. Bummer though that we don't have these nifty shipping options up here.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:29 pm

I'm probably gonna have to go to a retail store too, even if I can't make it down there as soon as it's released, it's better than sitting around waiting for Amazon to stick it in a box and send it on it's way!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Pre Order?   Canadian Pre Order? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canadian Pre Order?
Page 1 of 1