Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Anyone know of a mirror site?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Anyone know of a mirror site? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Ok so I loaded the games back on my computer...not even sure when I deleted them but that's beyond the point but I can't do the long ass download because I don't have a current content Id and I'm waiting until the 2nd so that I can avoid paying for the month of March and April. Anyone know of a mirror site where I could download the updates so I can get to playing asap on Friday?

...I'm sure the answer is no as I have scoured the net for a few hours now with no luck but it never hurts to ask or so they say...
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:47 pm

The only way to update FFXI is through Playonline. There's no downloadable patches on the internet Anyone know of a mirror site? 265380
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:07 am

What Satha said...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:11 am

i regretably disagree. if you have the newest ffxi collection and install that your DL tiem is cut down to about 1 hour and yes im overestimating the DL time for the newest patch. however. if u dont have the newest collection i recomend torrenting it and installing that way. or...one of us could upload our ffxi files but thatd take a while lol
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:23 am

Essentially meaning that no there is still no outside source to DL and update FFXI, even Achasia's ways take awhile or costs extra...heh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:25 am

yea i read the title again :o and no...no mirror sites. only torrents...jst woke up froma frustrating day yesterday we switched ISP's to brighthouse >.> no more lovely fios
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am

I'm pretty sure I have the newest collection (Vana'diel collection 08 which includes all 4 x-packs) and I'm pretty sure when I loaded it last time it took 4 hours but hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised :)

Please remember that I am on lovely comcast which never delivers the speeds it promises to this area anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 am

Anyone know of a mirror site? 51rjJvWL9vL._SL500_no the other new one XD the ffxi collection with the expansions and mini add ons that came out this year. the 08 one still gets a big fat update.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 am

hey hey, here is what I am wondering...can I download the trail and get the updates on the comp that way?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:36 am

not gonna help you because you cant activate a new key because of registration server maintenance every end of the month but by all means your welcome to try and see if itll let u XD
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:38 am

You can, but the trial is only the original base ver of FFXI, not even with Zilart, so you'd only get updates for that portion of the game, which are not as much! You'll just have to wait until the 2nd to join again and update...hehe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:39 am

they changed it khal if you ahve it installed you get the updates :o atleast...my friends pc downloaded everything installed xD
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:06 pm

Achasia Koromis wrote:
i regretably disagree. if you have the newest ffxi collection and install that your DL tiem is cut down to about 1 hour and yes im overestimating the DL time for the newest patch. however. if u dont have the newest collection i recomend torrenting it and installing that way. or...one of us could upload our ffxi files but thatd take a while lol

I must disagree. I just bought the newest collection and the update took 6 hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:08 pm

o.o before the march update i didnt need an update
Back to top Go down
Lathara

Lathara

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:38 pm

There is way I test it and it works..

After you updated FFXI copy the game folder to an external drive...
Then after you install the game fresh just copy the folder and overwrite the files back..

saves a LOT of bandwith and time in the future
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:55 pm

I got it :) TY guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of a mirror site?   Anyone know of a mirror site? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know of a mirror site?
Page 1 of 1