Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences

Go down 
+4
Kith
Lathara
Satha Kuuetsija
Khalus Akuhei
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:57 am

OMG OMG OMG, these characters look amazing! And here I was hoping there would be some new images soon that I could use for a new banner since I choose to use only text for now. Though it'll be awhile before I get a new one complete, as I'm really tired from this theme change the last two days.

Anyway, the Miqo'te: Keepers of the Moon ~ 'drool' and like the first thing that came to mind was, "I can be a Drow Miqo'te" ...hell yeah! The other pics of Miqo'te are to drool for as well, not to mention most the other racial pics are simply jaw-dropping in the variety of choices revealed. Even the Elezen look insanely amazing!

Hyur

People of the Middle Lands
Midlander

• Majority of Hyuran, which is has large population.
  • They live in different towns and villages,and their vocations vary.
  • Because of the custom of reading books from the early age, they tend to have relatively bigger percentage of intelligence.
Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Hyur--Midlanders

Hyur
People of the High Lands

• HighlanderThey used to live in highlands in northern margin. Highlanders are muscular and big for Hyuran. It became very rare to see them except mercenary males in other cities, after their state city Ala Mhigo fell.
Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Hyur--Highlanders

Miqo'te
People of the Sun
Sun Seekers

• They are a tribe of Miqo’te who calls themselves “The apostle of the Sun.”
  • Most of them believe in the Sun God Arzema, and are active basically during daytime.
  • They have impressive eyes which is vertically big with pale iris.

Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences MiqoteSeekers-of-the-Sun

Miqo'te
People of the Moon
Moon Keepers

• They are a tribe of Miqo’te who calls themselves “The guard of the Moon.”
  • Most of them believe in the Moon Goddess Menefina, and are basically nocturnal.
  • Majority of them has vivid makeup for battle on their faces.

Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences MiqoteKeepers-of-the-Moon

Lalafell
People of the Plains
Plainsfolk

• They are a tribe of Lalafell who used to live in thatched roofed houses which are connected in basement like nests ofants.
  • Their hair color is olive or flaxen. They have big ears so that they can hear footsteps of moles.

Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences LalafellPlainsfolk

Lalafell
People of the Desert
Dunesfolk

• They are a tribe of Lalafell who used to move around deserts in movable housings with large livestock. 
  • Their pupils are covered with thin film and that makes their eyes look like glass.
  • They put treasure beads which show fate of constellation on their foreheads.
Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences LalafellDunesfolk

Elezen
Woodland People
Forester

• They are a tribe of Elezen who has lived in a thick forest for hundreds of years.
  • They have amazing farsightedness like a hawk, and are very good archer.
  • Nowadays, quite a few of them adapted city lives or went back to nomadic life in plains.

Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences ElezenForester

Elezen
Shadow People
Shader

• They are a tribe of Elezen who has lived in dim limestone caves for hundreds of years.
  • Their hearing which is as acute as that of bats can even hear the rustle of enemy. Therefore, many are good at martial arts.
  • Nowadays, some keep on living in caves and are almost like bandits. They despise Forester as betrayers.
Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences ElezenShader

Roegadyn
People of the Northern Seas
Seawolf

• The tribe of Roegadyn once feared as pirates that attacked from the northern sea and earned themselves the title,
    "Wolves of the sea."
  • It is still common for them to be employed as sailors and navy.

Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences RoegadynSeewolf

Roegadyn
People of the Crimson Flame
Lohengarde

• This Roegadyn tribe lives near a volcano opening and are known as the "Guardians of the flame."
  • Not only strong in body, their training to resist fire has also given them great magic strength.

Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences RoegadynLohengarde

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:59 pm

I have noticed two of the characters there have two different eye colors :o
Back to top Go down
Lathara

Lathara

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:10 pm

Miqo'te ALL THE WAY! :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Oh btw the Japanese site has also been updated with new music, the classic crystal theme; which sounds too me like it has a slightly different twing to it...hehe
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Hmm...dunesfolk it is ( imagine that..me playing a short race..*cough* never done that before *cough*(rolls eyes))
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm now really torn between the two clans of Miqo'te. The Moon Keepers look really nice but I might go Sun Seeker if the Moon Keepers can't have heterochromia. Also, the bottom female Lalafel for the plainsfolk reminds me a lot of the Selkie from the CC series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:55 pm

Yay! I was hoping this was going to happen. Though now I think I may go with the followers of the sun. My husband of course says "duh...you get so moody when it rains and if you don't get sun for a few days I need to put you under a lamp to get you to perk up." Heh guess I should of thought about that.

I was originally thinking the followers of the moon but I think I like the color pallet of the sun followers better and after what the hubby points out it seems a better fit :P

Edit: Doesn't anyone else think the new music (on the Japanese sight, you can download and listen to it on the FFIXVcore sight or whatever) sounds really familiar? (Like FFXIII familiar?) I like it but that is a tune I know because it is in my FAVORITE Final Fantasy on the console.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:07 am

Oh I love that music! Doesn't sound like FFXIII though...personally I didn't find but maybe 1 track in all of XIII as memorable.
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:08 am

Awesome! O_O Dunes Lalafel for me Onigiri Dancing

...Although I do kind of like the Plains Lalafels' eyes better :x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:21 am

i say when 14 comes im gonna sit for hours playing with character creation XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:33 am

agree :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:36 am

Gonna save my char name first, then play with it! Unless they would do like Vanguard where you choose your race, class and name; save the character and then can edit it! That is of course should I not be chosen for beta and have my name saved already which SE mentioned the other day, or from XI if I'm not playing then!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:38 am

i highly doubt anyone is going to take achasia koromis...and if they do..meh ill jst make another name similar not to confuse the guild peeps. however if we get to amek more than 1 char im going to keep all last names the same easier to tell who is who IMO
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:41 am

Yeah I was going to do that, and actually it would be nice if that was an account locked feature anyway, that every char you make retains or are forced to use the original sur name you choose. Doubt it but it'd help with weeding out the tards that reset faster, so they'd have to delete back to nothing to hide again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:42 am

ahhh well i guess that still makes it easier hehe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 am

If I make another toon for leveling then I will keep my surname :)

Hubby announced he is going to play FFXI and FFXIV with me and I'm too excited :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:47 am

yea im going to make 2 chars to level one of them is def lalafell and the other mor than likely will be a miqote jst for kicks
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 am

The Lalafell animation in that video are for sure too damn Kawaii...I may have to make one just cause to run around with. Heck from the looks of it I may just have 5 characters ~ one for each race, or 6 if there is yet another race to be revealed.

The Elezen, especially the Shades look impressive and I may have to make one...
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:50 pm

Must say, the Dunesfolk raised my respect level of the lolfails, now there are so many different things to choose from I don't know what I want anymore x.x it's like shopping on a limited budget. On the plus side, plenty of time to decide I guess lol
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Shah

Shah

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:48 am

Highland Hyur...

Cus Shah can't read...

He can talk you out of your livestock, turn quiet Tarus into bloodly rioters, and make off with the President's daughter in the wee hours of the night...

but he can't do Red Fish Blue Fish One Fish Two Fish...

That requires my friend (and fellow roleplayer) Bayushi to step in and read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences   Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Site Updated w/ Cultural & Racial Differences
Page 1 of 1