Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXI Collection 1-day sale!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXI Collection 1-day sale!   FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:04 pm

I looked it up earlier and got nothing too, which is why I suggested asking a GM :p

I have windows Vista, and I got that very same steam version, and it works just fine... at one point I screwed something up and had to manually delete some files in Program Files because it was drawing from both the steam folder and some seperate POL folder, then I reinstalled it and it worked again, but other than that I've had no issues despite using Vista.
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/

PostSubject: Re: FFXI Collection 1-day sale!   FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Satha wrote:
Here ya go: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista01.html

Unfortunately that only installs Playonline, you need game DVDs to install the actual game.

As for the Steam version, that's what was suggested that I do. To install the game manually rather than from Steam. Now I just need to figure out how, lol.
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: FFXI Collection 1-day sale!   FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:37 pm

You could torrent the Ultimate Collection DVD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXI Collection 1-day sale!   FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Asmiro wrote:
You could torrent the Ultimate Collection DVD.

Any idea how I would go about doing that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXI Collection 1-day sale!   FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:08 pm

Pyrrha wrote:
I looked it up earlier and got nothing too, which is why I suggested asking a GM :p

I have windows Vista, and I got that very same steam version, and it works just fine... at one point I screwed something up and had to manually delete some files in Program Files because it was drawing from both the steam folder and some seperate POL folder, then I reinstalled it and it worked again, but other than that I've had no issues despite using Vista.

What files did you have to delete?
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: FFXI Collection 1-day sale!   FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Now that I think about it, make sure you don't have any other Playonline folders on your computer. When you install it from steam it installs it into the steam folder instead of it's own folder, so POL is probably just having trouble finding the right location for the update
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: FFXI Collection 1-day sale!   FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:18 am

Shouyu wrote:
Pyrrha wrote:

Did you ever figure out how to get FFXI to update? What I was referring to probably isn't what's causing your problem, but what happened is there were POL files in my steam folder and just in the general Program Files folder, so it was having trouble figuring out what to do. If you do have that problem then delete everything and reinstall from scratch, it helped my issue FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 271846
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXI Collection 1-day sale!   FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Pyrrha wrote:
Shouyu wrote:
Pyrrha wrote:

Did you ever figure out how to get FFXI to update? What I was referring to probably isn't what's causing your problem, but what happened is there were POL files in my steam folder and just in the general Program Files folder, so it was having trouble figuring out what to do. If you do have that problem then delete everything and reinstall from scratch, it helped my issue FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 271846

I figured out my problem and should be in-game soonish. Turns out I had to uninstall everything and then install a vista POL, then install everything again.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: FFXI Collection 1-day sale!   FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:32 pm

Gotta love how problems are so easily fixed FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 265380 /sarcasm

Glad you figured it out though ^^b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXI Collection 1-day sale!   FFXI Collection 1-day sale! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXI Collection 1-day sale!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2