Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Naruto Shippuuden

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Going along nicely thus far...since I started watching it again to catch up, its been nothing but constant; non-stop action and major storyline development, with the occasional funny filler-episode, which is good from time to time. After watching some 30+ episodes since my return I'm now at ep 105 of 141 thats avail, so I'm slowly getting there.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Kith

Kith

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:44 pm

My son and I watch it every week on Disney XD. Funny thing is I'm about a year or two past what we watch every week in the manga. So my Son will be on the edge of his seat trying to figure out what is going on and I'm sitting there trying to keep my mouth shut. Kid deserves a spoiler free time. ( I did blow bleach for him since that may or may not be back on Cartoon network this summer)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Yeah...shoosh you; here as well. I don't read the manga so I've no idea what is too come. I prefer watching the Anime more...hehe
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:54 pm

after watching the anime and rading the manga of all mty fav series manga has so much story to it and more lines anime cutsout so much!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:06 pm

I respect everyones right to enjoy anime and / or manga spoiler free so don't worry. :)
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:10 pm

lol i havent watched anime in so long, once i found onemanga.com and mangavolume, anime ceased to exist in my worl... i need to get back into it.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Oh I know there is a lot more in the Manga, same as with books opposed to their movies or TV Shows, but I play so many games/MMOs and watch so many TV shows, plus I have a stack of books getting deeper every few weeks behind me I have yet to start. I just don't have time for it, so the Anime is good enough. I get enough of the story from it!

Unless its something that really really enjoy like Gundam and Evangelion then I got more into them, but its rare when I do that!
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:41 am

which gundam series? gundam 0080 and 0079 were awesome so was gundam x and g gundam, evangaleion(Cant spell) was decent reminded me aot of vangaurd (which i didnt like) eureka 7 however was sweet!1
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:10 am

Old Gundam reminds me ( in a non-mecha way) of Harlock, Star blazers and that sort of story style. Wing on seemed to switch to the more modern style of story development . Both are fine and reflect the generations who the anime is geared toward. That in mind though..I will gouge my own eyes out if the next Gundam generation has emo vampires who pilot eco-zaku's or gundam's.
Eurkeka 7 I hate to say I did not get into until the half way point. I watched the first few episodes, saw the air surfing mechs, gave it a meh, came back half way because the wife was into it, and got into it after that.
I admit that I am that 1% that is not an eva fan. I like the mechs but the story was just bat pooh crazy. I know all about its creator and his life issues, just saying it was not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:17 am

everyone i know seems to love evangaleon i was forced to watch it on anime fridays lol. the old gundams are so much better imo. any anime were 12 outa 13 main characters die is good imo rofl
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:31 am

I've seen every Gundam, even that crappy G-Gundam I sat through....so lame! Well I still have the 2nd season of Gundam 00 to wacth, just been behind on everything and at the time it hadn't aired yet, but I have it all sitting here waiting to be seen.

Maybe after I'm done catching up with Naruto I'll watch 00 before I start my Bleach catch up!
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:46 am

BOO DONT WATCH BLEACH!(atleast not in english), the voice actors are so horrible i grab a rusty knife and start to scalp myself
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:57 am

I don't watch anything in English Dub, its all crap....only Subbed. Read my <----Comments: I love listening to the Japanese voices, it makes it so much better! Plus there is so much of their culture they cut out or change from the English versions to adapt to ours it ruins the Anime!
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:20 pm

i know its so terrible if i watch a anime in japanese i cant watch it in english-.-
Back to top Go down
Tareith

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Goldenboy is the only anime I prefer dubbed over subbed only because it's perfect that way.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 pm

I watch dubbed since I tend to read the mangas any way. It's a bit of a game with me. What will be butchered in the dub?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Lonestar wrote:
What will be butchered in the dub?

Pretty much everything that is good, which translated to all Japanese Culture and jokes! The other thing I hate so much about English Dub is that they don't translate any of the signs, or explain what certain words mean or anything! And worse yet many I've seen previews off that didn't even translate the title of the episode...appears in Japanese...um what does that say....idiots!
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:34 am

so true if you wanna experience true anime watch it with eng subs or learn japanese!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:37 am

A lot of the feudal era anime really irritate me when dubbed. I find myself yelling at the screen " learn some history before you translate you dolt!". Still, I find the Japanese to English translations are better then the Chines or even Korean to English translations. ( yes boys and girls, China and Korea do some anime styled ventures as well...nothing on the scale of Japan) I recall this one anime from China I watched in the early 90's that was dubbed. I think it was about the return of Gangis Khan and these warriors that had to stop his rebirth. I say I think because the translation company used thick Jersey voice actors and just about anything non-US friendly was re-translated into US friendly propaganda. Which really did not sink with what was going on at the time in the anime. ( I know a major US monument was destroyed and a Chines crowd was shown cheering the translation said that they weeped or some bs like that)
Oh, then there was Gangis Khan himself " Gorgus Kron" the famous " Mangelion" Warlord that nearly conquered China. Yup...and this one is still not even on my top 5 for worst anime of all time.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:52 am

Well, I'm now down to one remaining episode to be fully caught up. That was an incredible trip those last 20 or so eps...just insane fights one after another and major characters being killed off and replaced with new ones!

Can't wait to see this new path the story has shifted onto!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:42 pm

I almost said " which major characters?" but then I realized that if you posted it that would be a spoiler for any one not at that point or currant in the Manga. So instead I will say congrads :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:57 pm

hehe yeah, I hate being spoiled so spoiling for another would not be wise...hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Naruto Shippuuden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden   Naruto Shippuuden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naruto Shippuuden
Page 1 of 1