Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Back Again... {and leaving!}

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 3:06 am

I was there in FFXI during the first few weeks and the level cap at the time was 50, then they started rolling out 5lvl increments with the Genkai or Limit Break quests. I'd love to see something like that implemented again!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:49 pm

I am torn with Genkai . If it is like FFXI farming testimonies to fight Maat I'll be disappointed. (( Rdm Maat fight ..grumble)) Now if it is more quest driven I would be all for it.
Another thing I am looking forward to is one or two characters to invest my time into...maybe 3..Mithra,taru( maybe..they look way to child like),galka..(( I will not use the new race names and you can't make me :P )) WoW just does not have the same character connection or pride FFXI has. My Taru brought more pride to me as a mmo player then all of my wow characters put together. When I unlocked the last job on him I remember how excited I was. In contrast I felt next to nothing when the most resent toon hit 80 on wow.
I think at this point I will be forgiving of everything I had once said would have to be in 14 if it will rekindle that feeling of accomplishment I felt in 11 . ( Invisible walls, and to a lesser degree jumping and swimming should still be addressed though :P )
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:06 pm

Oh I hope we'll be able to at least swim, maybe just tread water on top like LOTRO. That would add a bunch of new exploration options, and allow us to fish in odd places..hehe
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:27 pm

I think everyone cept mithra should swim. The mental image of a group of mithra on the beach, starting at the water but refusing to go in is too much for me. >^.^<
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:47 pm

That would be funny!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:09 pm

I think that is a good idea. I can also see Tarus wearing water wings.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:55 pm

oh why oh why did I bother to return, I mean I'm trying to have fun but you eventually get the point where its just hellish to do anything.

Everyone is always checking this BS gear-score and achievements and if you don't have whatever it is they want; you get booted from everything, and there is nothing anywhere that tells you about this score or what rating you need for anything. Or certain fight like I just did this Flame Leviathan fight at the entrance to Uldaman, and you're in a vehicle the entire fight. Well my first though is well why was I getting booted from something that you don't even need your gear for, cause the vehicle is an entirely different bar or HP and attacks.

Turns out and that the vehicles HP and attack options and prolly many other things are all reflected on the iLVL of your gear or whatever....where in the game does it say this or inform players it does this!? ....nowhere right!? Sheesh this stuff is pissing me off exponentially!

Tomorrow I just need to run 1 more random dungeon for the 2 frost badges and then I'll have enough to purchase one of the new cloaks and I'll have just enough Triumphs to get the last ring I need. Then my entire set of gear will be like a minimum of 220-226 and I really don't care...it means so little to me. I'm thinking that will be it, cause I'm getting tired of this stupid charade of constant BS to do anything in WoW.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:34 pm

They added the scaling of vehicles based on ilevel a while ago. Was in some patch notes.
As far as the gear score, it's a good idea that was taken the wrong way (like so many things in WoW). There's an add-on you can get that will tell you what someone's gear score is. It was designed for the auto-lfg system so people would only be able to queue for heroics they were geared well enough to do. Of course, as soon as players get ahold of it, they suddenly require it for anything. Don't get me wrong, nobody should get free rides but come on. WoWbies are already number-crunchers enough and this just adds to the stupidity of the game. They normally want a score high enough that you can power your way through any encounter and be done with it. Skill, response time, attitude...none of these matter.

But really, when it comes down to it...are you surprised?
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Wow heroes will give you a gear score and offer upgrade options. As for raids the wow raid wiki tends to be dead on along with thottbot and wowhead. I would not bother though. If you do elitist jerks will tell you exactly how to cookie cutter any job to match the best wowtards out there.
Come February or March all your gear will be crap and you will have to start all over. This is the WoW way . I'm doing one more toon to 80 for kicks while the son has our game tv for all his Christmas games. That should take me to about Febuary at which point I hope to either be in the FF14 beta or have a son so bored with his games I can get back to my non-mmo's. Otherwise I may have to take up a real hobby (( shudders)).
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Tareith wrote:

But really, when it comes down to it...are you surprised?

Nope, sry I'm just ranting cause I gotta get it off...but it is all truly pretty stupid.

Anyway what is a supposed ok or good gear score for doing 10-man content!? So what you just add up the iLVL of each piece of gear and you have it!? ...if so mine is 3602, and this is before the 2 new items I'll be getting tomorrow, so it will prolly go up another 25-40points!

Lonestar wrote:
Otherwise I may have to take up a real hobby (( shudders)).

Sadly I think those died with the interwebz awhile ago! heh
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:15 am

Not sure any more but my druid had near 2400 on wow heroes pre patches and I cleared 90% of uld. I'm not sure how this new gear score works to be honest. If your in full top emblem gear, fully chanted and gemmed I don't see how any one could turn you away. Granted WoW has this issue where at times the tweens come across as having more maturity then the adults.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:43 am

Don't look at me, I've no idea what a good gear score even is. Been too long for me to even armory my old disc priest or shammy.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:58 am

Well here is my Armory Link Khalus if ya wanna see my char and gear. Granted yes; much of it is PvP gear cause I didn't know about the ToC T9 at the time I started getting this, but it also looks a ton better too. I hold my own in every Heroic and 10-man I can muster my way into. With ReCount it shows me at an average of 2700-3600 DPS and I stick to the #1 or #2 spot in most groups, but occasionally there are 2 other DPS that are doing 4-5k I can't compete with!

Sure I know the PvE T9 gear is slightly better with none of the Resilience in exchange for like armor penetration and the like, but that alone isn't going too bump my DPS another 1-2k higher would it!? Anyway, T9 for Paladin is disgusting looking, while most other classes look great, and while that prolly doesn't matter to most, it does to me...hehe The Furious gear I have looks much better!

So I mean am I getting dumped cause I have PvP gear...that is really silly then since WoW ran on PvP and Arena gear through BC and nobody complained then...ah well...so confusing all this crap!

I love FFXI where top end gear has like +2STR +4Enmity. All these huge numbers and 8 different stats on every piece of gear is not needed and confusing as hell!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:07 am

Res only matters if your the tank or healer. Means next to nothing for dps. The penetration though is a silly rating. Used to be hit,haste,crit then they fubared it all up with these other ratings.Now you have spin the lucky wheel and hope it lands on your sweet spot.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:08 pm

Figures, right after I go and buy a new cloak with the 50 Frost Badges I had saved up I got into a 10-man ICC rep farming group. There is an NPC with better Paladin gear that I'd love to get, of course it would take much longer than my patience may last so anyway...

Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Paladin-Frost-Gear

I would have possibly waited until I had 95 for the legs, cause I really prefer the kilt look, but since I had just put a gem and enchant on the cloak the 2hr refund cooldown was removed so I'm stuck with it. Its really nice though so ah well, and I needed a better than blue cloak anyway!

Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Cloak
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Ya know, those screenshots are more than enough to remind me of why I was so unhappy with WoW. Seriously...I can't accept that art quality. Crystals growing out of everywhere was bad enough but I hate 90% of all of the item designs in Wrath.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:08 pm

I do agree they havn't gotten much better than what we already had{much larger and annoying if anything}, but I do like that everything is darker themed and not fruit-loop colored anymore!

I love the realistic look that FFXI and FFXIV have a 1,000,000 fold over this crap. Since I have time left here; might as well kinda use it up though...
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:56 pm

I'll probably roll a d6 to decide if I spend a month if FFXI or a month in WoW. If it is wow it'll be a "How many toons can I get to 80 in a month" type of thing.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:33 pm

I'd be more interested in how many you could get to 30 in a month. 80 is so over-rated
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:06 am

Lol..I am doing that. War,rogue,priest,and mage are all I'm missing for the full 80 set. Kid won't let me on the ps2 so I may as well. That heirloom gear makes it way to easy.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:05 am

Yeah, I've been considering going for a set of that now, but with my current stance on disliking WoW I dunno if I'll ever return again, and I know I say that every time and always return eventually. However, this coming year we have FFXIV looming and well even if Blizzard launched their new secret MMO they couldn't compete.

The few dungeons I may run here and there for Frost badges everyday, and to help someone on occasion I'll get some but I'm not going to worry about it anymore since I really dunno if I wanna do a Druid or Priest Worgen anyway if it ever came to that.

Even if FFXIV isn't everything I'm hoping it'll be from my current imagination and speculation from the little info we have, #1 its the next great Final Fantasy MMO, its Mithra/Miqo'te character again, above all else its realistically stylish gear and weapons that I really love{so sick of these massive shoulders that block 1/2 the screen}, of course the lore which already sounds great with the flashback style that Wings of the Goddess kinda uses.

Anyway I plan to stick with it pretty much no matter what unless its just outright the worst thing ever; which I doubt, but as long as its better than WoW and other MMOs then I won't be going anywhere...
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:00 am

Same here, just killing time until then. May get the wow expansion if FFXIV is not out by then or I'm not in the beta but one way or another WoW will be dead to me by this time next year.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:42 am

Ok this one really tested my patience...took so long and I can't recall how many instances I very slowly solo'd entirely unarmed!

Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Unarmed-400
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:19 pm

I finally found and decided to get the Gear Score mod and find out how I compared with other players and why I keep getting kicked from 10-man content. It has to come down to just not having done it before and nobody wants to bring a new person, cause my score is up there with the best of them and 1/2 my gear is PvP; yet more than enough to hold up and do more than sufficient contribution even in 25-mans which I don't care to participate in anyway.
Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Gearscore
Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Score
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:42 pm

It's WoW, what do you expect? One of the only MMOs I know of where people actively look for reasons to NOT group. I fail to see the point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back Again... {and leaving!}   Back Again... {and leaving!} - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back Again... {and leaving!}
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next