Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Second Skin - The Gamer Movie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reonaado

Second Skin - The Gamer Movie Empty
PostSubject: Second Skin - The Gamer Movie   Second Skin - The Gamer Movie Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:44 pm

I log in a few times a week to Hulu to catch up on TV series that I may have missed, I was just about to watching Burn Notice when something even more interesting caught my attention... "Second Skin."

Wikipedia Description:
Second Skin takes an intimate, fascinating look at the people whose lives have been transformed by virtual worlds in online games such as World of Warcraft, Everquest and Second Life. The documentary follows a group of online gamers whose lives are intensely woven together inside and outside the virtual worlds, a couple whose lives have changed since meeting online, an avid player whose life spins out of control due to his addiction to playing MMOs, as well as disabled players who have been given a voice and mobility in the virtual world. The film also goes into the controversial world of Chinese gold farming and presents astonishing facts about online gaming.

If you're interested in watching it, here's the link:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/87648/second-skin

It's only on Hulu until August 13. So much for playing FFXI tonight, I'll post my thoughts after I watch it ^^;;
Back to top Go down
Reonaado

PostSubject: Re: Second Skin - The Gamer Movie   Second Skin - The Gamer Movie Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:25 pm

Wow... this was definitely an interesting film. It was like a roller coaster ride all the way through, but it really does seem to explain a lot of societal interactions today and how its evolving. Although it focused mostly on WoW, EQ2 and Second Life, I think almost any MMO player can relate to the film. It really puts a more personal spin on the whole MMO experience.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Second Skin - The Gamer Movie   Second Skin - The Gamer Movie Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:04 pm

Watched it...was interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: Second Skin - The Gamer Movie   Second Skin - The Gamer Movie Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Watched it, too. I really liked how the gamer that left the Gamers Online Anonymous or whatever picked himself up and did his own rehabilitation. He made his own choice to change his life and for the better.

Interesting also how one of them became a community director (?) for Warhammer Online.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Skin - The Gamer Movie   Second Skin - The Gamer Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Skin - The Gamer Movie
Page 1 of 1