Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones   Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:21 am

Sean Bean famously played Boromir in The Lord of the Rings, so it seems natural for him to have been cast in the lead role of Lord Eddard "Ned" Stark in HBO's upcoming adaptation of A Game of Thrones, the first book in George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series of fantasy novels.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Tom McCarthy will direct from a script by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, who are also executive-producing.

The trade paper also reported that Mark Addy is in final negotiations to join the production. Kit Harrington, Jack Gleeson and Harry Lloyd also have come aboard:

The books revolve around a battle among seven kingdoms and between two ruling families for control of the Iron Throne, the possession that ensures survival through a 40-year winter to come.

Bean will play Lord Eddard "Ned" Stark, known for his sense of honor and justice, who becomes closest adviser to King Robert (Addy).

Harrington will play Jon Snow, Bean's bastard son, and Lloyd will play Viserys, a powerless ruler who seeks to marry off his sister to a powerful king. Gleeson will play Joffrey, King Robert's son.

Peter Dinklage also is in the cast for the production, which is in the pilot stage and begins shooting in October in Ireland.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones   Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:20 am

Oooouuu I love Sean Bean, he was excellent in LotR and Troy! He will be a great Ned (who is still my favorite character from the series)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones   Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:26 am

Yeah I still need to read it, or at least start the books! I'm behind in so many novels right now and the collection is only getting deeper the longer I wait to start reading again!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones   Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sean Bean to star in HBO's A Game of Thrones
Page 1 of 1