Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Empty
PostSubject: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:41 am

I just got this from WHA.

[quote=Garthilk]Dear Lokiarn,

You have received a warning at Warhammer Forums.

Reason:

-------

Forum Rules Violation

If you see a troll, please report the post do not respond. You're only making things worse.

-------

Original Post:

[post]1404717[/post]

Quote :
Hope you enjoy WOTLK. DK is alot of fun but the rest is just blah. Not going to rip ya for getting irritated with GoA. Not playing WAR is your loss

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,

Warhammer Forums[/quote]

The OP is having to deal with GOA and basicly said he was tired of there BS and was waiting for WOLK. You can see what I posted in responce. I know warnings arent a big deal in the long run if your not constantly being an ass but this one really pissed me off. I left MMORPG.com because of the horrid community. I thought WHA was going to be decent but after this warning I think its plain to see they will hand out warnings/ban for the most retarted things. Any of you visit game forums, WAR forums specifically where the community is decent and forum mods arent powerhungry morons?
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:44 am

Lol how dumb. They sent me a warning because I made a duplicate post after the original fell so far back in the dark pages that no one could find it. I couldn't even get it bumped up to the 4th or 5th page of the forums. Thats MODS for ya.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:11 am

Lordy..Well, I have not checked Alla yet to see how their War boards are shaping up but if they are like the WoW or FFXI ones I would say your better off just staying here 24/7. (( unless 12 year olds fighting about Pokemon is your thing...err, or what ever they call it in FFXI))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:27 am

The problem is most forum board moderators are overworked and volunteers. If they get a report it's easier to ban you than to actually investigate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:43 am

The only reason WHA is so popular is because the devs go there for some reason... TTH is a much nicer community. Even with the whiney goblins coming out of the woodwork since OB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:11 am

Annedhelle wrote:
The only reason WHA is so popular is because the devs go there for some reason... TTH is a much nicer community. Even with the whiney goblins coming out of the woodwork since OB.

WHA has some sort of official or unofficial relationship with Mythic. I received special access to the "Bugmans Brewery" on that forum for being an Elder. All the moderators on the Beta boards are on WHA. I think they are a lot closer than they let on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:22 am

I see... that kinda sucks. Id love to see Paul post on TTH once or twice. Something he posted only on TTH and not on WHA.
Back to top Go down
Khelzar

Khelzar

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:25 am

I used to like the TTH community better and pretty much only dropped by WHA every now and then to check the 'news'.

That said, TTH has become sort of annoying lately with the influx of people due to Open Beta. Mostly you see whiny posts now, so I'm giving up on them as well and sticking to our forums. I plan to drop by their Guild Forums looking for possible recruits as part of my Knight duties (I'll leave WHA for Xao, haha) but that's about it.

Last edited by Khelzar on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:26 am

Annedhelle wrote:

Yeah, wish they would announce official forums. But, based on WoW's general foum..... I hope they don't.

I love the intertubes but they are a lot like DMV in a lot of ways.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:12 pm

Yeah I don't see a need for an official forums, spend the time and money on making updates for WAR! There are already a ton of forums for the whiney bitches to complain on!

On this note I got a warning on MMORPG for bumping our guild thread! Yeah that forums are for bumping your guild and pretty much nothing else...it was on like page 5 or something so I complained about it, and while the 1-5 stars rep is pretty pointless, instead of trying to resolve my problem there, they removed my 5 star rep down to 1, and banned my account for a week for complaining about the warning! ha

The game forums are being overrun with too many WoW kiddies expecting games to be just like that or ppl that only expect games to be top notch quality bordering CG. Its so annoying so when good IPs release games that look artfully anime in style its the end of the world.

Kinda funny cause in Japan their entire country is practically an anime, they have like over 60 anime channels that play it 24/7, and its just a multi-hundred billion dollar industry there! anyway....
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:31 pm

Um, I don't even know the WHA forums URL lol. But I think I'll refrain from checking there anyway. I'd rather check here.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:27 pm

Yeah TTH is an awesome community although with the recent GOA debacle there are a lot of frustrated EU folks venting on the forums the past few days. Totally understandable though.
Back to top Go down
Zetira

Zetira

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:31 pm

Goa = Sucka!
Back to top Go down
http://wariscoming.smithdriven.com/default.html

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:53 pm

I liked going to WHA for decent discussions on the game. WIth that warning it really pissed me off though and I guess I will just pop in there and on the VN boards where MJ usually posts news. Ah well, at least mods here arent a bunch of power hungry idiots.......I think :axaoquickytwo:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?   Is there any forums worth going to besides this one? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there any forums worth going to besides this one?
Page 1 of 1