Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Technical questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Technical questions Empty
PostSubject: Technical questions   Technical questions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:02 pm

I have read the system requirements here: http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=168

They are generally not trustworthy though. I'm loking for beta testers opinions on machine specs.

Have any of you beta testers played WAR using split screens? The computer I'm going to be using has quad out and I have 3 19' montiors not doing anything atm. Or do you think it would be better to just run it on my iMac?

The Windows machine has 3 GB RAM Patriot DDR and is a single core 3.0 GHz P4 HT dual Raptor drives 10k. Vid card is a Parnhelia 128 meg quad. Asus P4 800 board)

The iMac is a dual core 2.4 GHz with 2 GB RAM 7200 RPM drives.

I could also use a suoped up Celeron [small cache] (2.4 gHz running at 3.11 gHz with 3GB RAM (Patriot DDR) and an ATI 9800 card. Asus P4 800 board as well). This machine turned a lot of heads for 2 years as people couldn't believe that it was a celeron (was a challenge)

Or should I just buy a new machine and craft it to my liking? Something like one of the dual core Acers {awesome company BTW, but still not a Falcon] that are available cheap) Basically is this game that hard on a machine or are there adjustment sliders. I'm not big on visuals of a game (WTF you say?!!??). I would rather be able to turn off all the eye candy in a heavy RvR scenario or encounter and just focus on sticking my pointy sticks into a high elf, not checking out it's shadow as it falls to the ground at my teams feet.

When I played DAoC catacombs all of the graphics were adjustable, like WoW and any other modern game But I haven't seen any indication of that in any forum though as most people are now running dual core machines with video cards that are too beefy for their uses any way.

I don't want to build an entire new machine. I've done that for a long time and anymore the effort is not worth the return.

FYI the last machine I bought was fantastic. Cost me $2000 to buy (lifetine support, optimized OS for it's purpose, all drivers installed, partitioned to my desires), $1500 if I had built it. This is a work PC and will not be taken online.

I don't want to use my main home computer for gaming as it has NEVER been online (it's for work).
Back to top Go down

Technical questions
Page 1 of 1