Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

A very funny post...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

A very funny post... Empty
PostSubject: A very funny post...   A very funny post... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Just found this over on Massively from a person by the name of bob; responding to the latest news on FFXIV about the beta key giveaways. Entirely off topic, but insanely funny. His 2nd post is the best one though, for refusing to do anything unless he's guided by ! or ? quests and thus impossible to play without...snicker!

Quote :

Bob said on 4:56PM 8-05-2010

Been trying to play this since the back half of alpha and its, for lack of further knowledge, unbearable in its current state.

The interface is clunky at best. The story introduced at the beginning of the game hits a dead end after what could be called your first real quest. The controls for keyboard/mouse are not fully implemented.

This is not saying the game will not be polished to an extreme when it is released, but rather to warn you that this beta is not just 'games done, lets see if the servers can handle a lot of people.' I expect that if there is ever an open beta, the game will include all of the features i mentioned it is lacking.
Quote :

Bob said on 4:59PM 8-05-2010

"for lack of further knowledge"

to clarify myself... I have not been able to advance any character past 'level 2' because there is not enough direction, and the interface is difficult to navigate, so I get frustrated and refuse to explore blindly until i stumble upon wherever the next quest begins.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: A very funny post...   A very funny post... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:07 pm

WOW did some good for the industry but mostly it made people lazy and completely uninspired to do anything but follow a trail of breadcrumbs laid out for them in neat little piles. It would be hilarious if it was not so sad.

You want to see funny. Eve rookie chat from people who come from WOW and EQ2. Most asked question....how do I see how much money I have? There is a button on the left menu that says wallet. I laughed till I cried.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: A very funny post...   A very funny post... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:30 pm

This guy has to be another hardcore WoW player. I remember playing the 10 day trail, and it would have been a feat to derail from Blizzard's little kiddie park roller coaster. Guess it comes as no surprise that so many people are used to having their hands held.

Keep on posting more of these man. They're entertaining.

Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: A very funny post...   A very funny post... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:35 pm

See, people like that give NORMAL players like myself a bad rep. I play WoW. I love it for what it offers. I also love FFXI and the hardcore aspect. I don't understand why people, namely like the guy "Bob" in the quotes above, can't open their minds to what a game offers.

As long as the game has a soul and grabs me, I'll adapt to anything it throws my way whether it be handholding or cryptic game mechanics hidden under a shiny hood. It's all good. It's all about fun and immersion for me.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: A very funny post...   A very funny post... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:48 pm

I have a multitude of problems with what wow brought to the genre and what kind of community it let in to the genre. I followed its rise because honestly it is interesting what it has done and accomplished. If I were to have played WOW as a subscriber it would have been during the vanilla days. I tried the WOTLK trial and was simply turned off by the sheer ease of it and the community which was immature as a whole ( as we all know not everyone) and elitist without any reason to be.
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: A very funny post...   A very funny post... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Say what you will, WoW did a few things right that I actually miss when I play other MMOs. Relatively stable service (in comparison to other MMOs... I'm looking at you Shadowbane), interesting instanced dungeons that involved sometimes humorous quests and dynamic events/monsters (Aion's copy and past dungeons killed me) and oddly enough a fully mod-able UI. I was never crazy on some of the mods and scripts WoW had, but the freedom they gave their players was definitely refreshing. How some people used that power though bugged the hell out of me.

But I only played from release till right after Burning Crusade so I don't know what my opinion would be if I tried going back now. Luckily I'll never have to find out.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: A very funny post...   A very funny post... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:45 pm

WoW was definitely better in the beginning, but has changed for the worse ever since Burning Crusade. And I do understand and agree with ~ that they did polish up many features of previous MMOs and made them better, however the community you have to suffer through to even attempt to enjoy it, and the constant developer-changes to everything from the ground up is sad that they can't just stick to one design and just improve on it.

Not to mention how arrogant and stupid this game makes this new generation of gamers to anything but...its just wrong and thats what fuels my hatred for it the most in recent years.

Overall I still have a lot of respect for Blizzard because of their other games, and previous Warcraft entries.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A very funny post...   A very funny post... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A very funny post...
Page 1 of 1