Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

DC Trailer

Go down 
+6
Xzen Corvus
Shirigu Bateau
Elocke Sern
Qwalen Masthead
Roan Varuna
Vexia Ravenlocke
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Vexia Ravenlocke

Vexia Ravenlocke

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:41 pm

Saw the post for the SC2 trailer, I just watched this one last night. If your a comic fan, this is pretty damn amazing.

~V
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Wow.. That actually gave me the chills. I know now that if SOE made CGI movies, they'd really turn out a box office hit. hehe
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Love the trailer. I love sony. SOE not so much as long as Smed is in charge. I have to pass on it but looks like it is they way it shall be.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Yeah, this trailer rocked. I will probably get this as a side game to play, since I can grab it for PS3. I put it on my Christmas list for the wife to pick up for me.
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Interesting. However, is still SOE and we all know that their MMO games are never up to par.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Hence, why a possible shift in the norm. They are bound to make a good one at some point, lol.
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

Xzen Corvus

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Wow... just wow.... I might actually play this one....

P.S. Joker and Harley for the win!
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Nice. Definitely makes you want to play.
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion

Avgustin Narion

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Wow. I hope the game is as good as the trailer. I'm tempted to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 am

Never been a DC man... always been a Marvel fanboi... but this trailer is intriguing.

I will need to see how they plan on implementing character creation as well as how it's explained in the storyline. I'm hoping it's some sort of skill-based system where you can pick and choose the powers you wanna level up... letting people tailor their toons to how they want, rather than an archetype.

We'll hafta wait and see I guess... so far the info on the website isn't giving much more than a little tease.
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:32 am

Yeah I am a Marvel Man myself, but there are some characters in DC I did like and follow. Marvel is going to have its own MMO as well. I am anxious to see what they come up with for their IP.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:22 am

I jumped in the beta yesterday.

Nice graphics. Player characters are well done. the costumes look great. The cities are large and fun to navigate.

Movement takes some getting use to but it is fun. Fighting is very similar to single player games. Your mouse clicks are general attacks and the numbers are for special skills.

My favorite thing to do is run around the city with super-speed and jumping off buildings.

Their menus are fast loading. The mini map is a bit annoying to navigate may just be a bug I am getting though.

I have tried dual pistols and I am not impressed. Rifle is decent. Dual wielding is fun and so is one hand. I have yet to try the others but I plan to.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Soten, have you tried acrobat? I played a little with all 3 movement types and that one for me is by far the most fun. Climb up anything... jump from one building to the next... hell I scaled Wayne tower faster than my flying toon could fly to the top. Does have a bit of a learning curve though...

Overall I'm impressed with DCUO... especially given it's by SOE. The quests are immersive... I think the NPCs talking to you goes a long way to that end. The other night I was playing and got so into the quest line I was on... I played a good 3 hours longer than I wanted to (had to wake up real early... that sucked). The character creation has plenty of options, though I'd like more choices for altering height, build, etc.

I'm enjoying the movement... gives the game a third-person shooter type feel. I also like how they've done character progression... you choose an archetype but you can spend skill points in your own way to develop a truly unique toon. I still run into some glitches (mostly minor) and the occasional crash but it's a beta and to be expected.

If only this was a Marvel IP... I'd have my pre-order in already Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Got into the beta this week and started playing around. Im really digging it so far. I wish the skill trees were A LOT bigger though. kinda feel like each type will be pretty similar at the end, especially once people start getting all the end-game suits. PvP is pretty fun too, except when 3 lvls 20s rape me lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DC Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Trailer   DC Trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC Trailer
Page 1 of 1