Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Guild Wars 2

Go down 
+2
Luxtra Vherr
Foju Kaisiepo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Are you guys following the Dev Blogs of GW2?

i mean all the news so far have been amazing, so much new gameplay that is interesting!

-A dynamic open world'

-Scenario Events that does not repeat instead of classic Quest NPCs

-There is no "dead" in GW2, only Defeat state, where you are just lying down, and you could still use some of the so called "downed" skills to help your allies

-Class Combos like in GW Original

-There is actually alot of Mini Games inside the game, most notably the Bar Brawler

-And also RvRvR ( 3 realms fight in 1 huge map called the "Mist" and fights for objectives 24/7 for the whole week

i mean

this game is super awesome, im even confused whether to have FFXIV as my Main or GW2

Guild Wars 2 671871
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:27 pm

I saw this video yesterday:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/473/videoId/1789

I believe my response was

"I hate ranger...

so what right does it have to kick that much ass? D:"
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Now see that was rather dumb, as he never even actually hit the mobs, they were all about 3x the distance of his arm length, so what was he hitting them with...magic?

It why are you wielding axes if you're just gonna use magic then?
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Because axes are sexy to swing around like a madman, and then you can completely disregard them when you get to the actual combat portion of the ass-kicking.
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Now see that was rather dumb, as he never even actually hit the mobs, they were all about 3x the distance of his arm length, so what was he hitting them with...magic?

It why are you wielding axes if you're just gonna use magic then?

That ability is called Whirling Defense.
If you watch the video again he is reflecting their attacks back at them.... they are basically killing themselves.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:03 pm

I wasn't following GW2 at all, as I didn't really enjoy GW1 but this video and the fact that it will be open world is slowly drawing me in.

Which sucks because all these games are coming out right on top of each other instead of being nice and staggered. Also because why oh why couldn't they come out during the last 3 years when I was bouncing around trying to find something to play but being vastly disappointed at every turn? /cry
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Elocke wrote:
I wasn't following GW2 at all, as I didn't really enjoy GW1 but this video and the fact that it will be open world is slowly drawing me in.

Which sucks because all these games are coming out right on top of each other instead of being nice and staggered. Also because why oh why couldn't they come out during the last 3 years when I was bouncing around trying to find something to play but being vastly disappointed at every turn? /cry

Ditto, might play this but why must it come at a time where there are actually good MMOs coming out for the first time in forever? XD
Back to top Go down
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:00 am

actually if you guys have the time, please read this

http://conjurephantasm.wordpress.com/2009/11/07/guild-wars-2-what-we-know/

GW2 is more than the unique classes like the Ranger and all that

take a look at this! well, i know this is written promises, but it's just hard to resist!

take a look and maybe you might have a different opinion! haha
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Sounds good, although Rift and SWTOR are doing similar things i.e. Storylines/Dynamic Content. It seems the next gen of MMOs is about to arrive. I'm gonna be playing em all!
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:47 am

Rift is the only one that really grabs me right now outside of FF. Guild Wars was not my cup of tea although they have greatly expanded things for this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2
Page 1 of 1