Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Empty
PostSubject: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 pm

I could definitely enjoy some more Harry Potter, as long as it remains true to the original and she doesn't change it too much and ruin it like so many things end up when they make a return!

Quote :

Hoping for a new Harry Potter novel? So are we. And we just learned how long we'll have to wait to read it. J. K. Rowling revealed yesterday when she could return to her boy wizard once more at the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, the Washington Post reported.

Rowling, who was among the guests as thousands of egg-hunters descended on the White House, read to a small group of children and answered their questions.

Asked whether she was planning on writing a new Potter novel, she said she doesn't intend to write any offshoots of the Potter series now—but she didn't rule it out "maybe 10 years from now," depending on how she feels.

But she told one child she does want to write more books—so we won't have to wait quite that long for another Rowling novel, though it won't be in the Potter universe.

"Yes, I do, and I am," Rowling said. "I'm quite sure in the not-too-distant future I will bring out another book."

So what do you you think? Are you ready to line up at midnight for another new Rowling novel?
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Heck yes!!!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:09 pm

I hope she doesn't destroy the series with it though D: Would be interesting to see a new storyline following Harry's son going to school or something though. All the last book showed me was that I don't like it when they just walk around and hide out in tents instead of the story taking place at the school lol
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:38 pm

i dont like the sudden brick wall ending she made. J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" 875454 its like action action action...oh look harry has kids! J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" 265380 wheres the next page... dont get me wrong i liked the book but the ending was just too sudden as i stated. it was like hitting a brick wall.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Well everything for some dern reason always has to have a happy ending.

While it wasn't the best, it was acceptable and should she continue the series from this moment, it would be interesting to see a side from Harry's kids that he may have to get intertwined in!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Achasia Koromis wrote:
i dont like the sudden brick wall ending she made. J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" 875454 its like action action action...oh look harry has kids! J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" 265380 wheres the next page... dont get me wrong i liked the book but the ending was just too sudden as i stated. it was like hitting a brick wall.

I felt that way too, she can prolong and drag out the most minor plot lines but when it comes to the ending it was like she rushed it all and stuffed 10 years into 2 pages J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" 517295
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:36 am

Who did Harry marry anyway? O.o I never read the last book. Ginny? Hermoine? Luna (Luna I liked alot heh)?
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Ginny I think... Been awhile! Can't wait to see what she's blossomed into for the next 2 movies...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:34 pm

yar he married ginny. and ron marries hermoine and then neville is teaching the class about magicl grass. and everyone else is dead! well...not everyone...but a good chunk of peeps are dead.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Apparently Rowling thought the best way to end a story was to kill mostly everyone, nothing says "the end" like a mass wipeout!
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Am I the only one here who doesn't really like Harry Potter that much? I mean, I can watch it, at least once or twice, but I'm not ever excited about it or drawn to it. I only watch it because my wife likes it, lol.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm pretty sure most people that participated in this topic were more interested in the books than the movies :p
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:56 pm

I tried to read the books too. Couldn't get past how boring the first book was. Ah well. I had the same problem with the pirates of the caribbean movies, the wife loves em but they just bore me.

And I usually eat up any type of fantasy/scifi books/movies.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:46 am

I read the first book when it first came out so I was young enough to look past how kiddy it was :p but the series evolved and matured over time, the fourth and fifth books are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:09 pm

I just realized that Rowling might have been cagey with her remark. Instead of it being a literal 10 years from now, perhaps she means the Potter book will be set "10 years from now" With Harry a dad and so on...
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Kuatosune

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Really the build on a new novel would require some new and serious antagonists for Potter to deal with. It will be tough to trump the original series imo just because of the great story line that was presented. She probably would be better off casting a new hero and antagonist using her already created world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"   J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

J. K. Rowling promises new Potter "10 years from now"
Page 1 of 1