Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Happy Easter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:19 pm

The only thing I liked about Easter was beating up the easter bunny.
Back to top Go down

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Oh come on! You had to like that link! Did you watch it all the way through?
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Yes it did, and yes it was a nice quick laugh. But that doesn't change the fact that easter bunnies are fun to beat up.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:09 pm

heh, that was funny though...

Being egg'd is better than another rickroll...rofl
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:05 am

I don't quite understand how we went from celebrating the death of Christ to hunting chocolate eggs laid by a magical pink bunny, is there some sort of connection?!

Maybe the bunny is his reincarnated form! Heal my sins magic pink bunny! And then perhaps you could give me some chocolate eggs so I can get fat and have you get rid of that later too!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Ianthe Reine

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Everyone enjoy your zombie jesus day where the only account of jesus having risen from the dead was from drunk people mourning his death!
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:21 am

I was going to wait until it was ACTUALLY Easter to post anything, but here we go: Happy Easter Ac999ce1f4d6-xl
Back to top Go down

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 am

Pyrrha wrote:
I don't quite understand how we went from celebrating the death of Christ to hunting chocolate eggs laid by a magical pink bunny, is there some sort of connection?!

The pagan goddess Ester was the goddess of fertility, her symbols were the rabbit and the egg. I think you can see where the rabbit symbol came from (breeding like rabbits). Her celebration was usually around the spring equinox....which is what Easter today is now planned around, that's why it could be in March or April.

There is a long history of the church changing important days to coincide with pagan rituals...makes it easier for the pagans to accept Christianity if the celebrations are close to what they already know.

I personally have nothing against Christians, Jews, Muslims, or whatever. I think everyone walks there own spiritual path. I personally walk none of those but I am spiritual. I recognize Jesus the way I see Martin Luther King or Ghandi. Dedicated men who have the gift to gather followers to help people see the need for change. I did a lot of research and personal thinking when I decided on my religion so I know what I said above to be pretty darn factual.

My family is still really religious and celebrates the holiday so I say nothing to them and I enjoy a free dinner ^^
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:18 am

Brialyn Chroi wrote:
Pyrrha wrote:

The pagan goddess Ester was the goddess of fertility, her symbols were the rabbit and the egg. I think you can see where the rabbit symbol came from (breeding like rabbits). Her celebration was usually around the spring equinox....which is what Easter today is now planned around, that's why it could be in March or April.

There is a long history of the church changing important days to coincide with pagan rituals...makes it easier for the pagans to accept Christianity if the celebrations are close to what they already know.

I personally have nothing against Christians, Jews, Muslims, or whatever. I think everyone walks there own spiritual path. I personally walk none of those but I am spiritual. I recognize Jesus the way I see Martin Luther King or Ghandi. Dedicated men who have the gift to gather followers to help people see the need for change. I did a lot of research and personal thinking when I decided on my religion so I know what I said above to be pretty darn factual.

My family is still really religious and celebrates the holiday so I say nothing to them and I enjoy a free dinner ^^

Take this, add a few more relevant topics, make it two-three hours long and you have what a good part of my day was yesterday.
Back to top Go down

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:10 pm

NOTE: Say nothing and enjoy free food...say something and you get free food with all the jabber jabber
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:24 am

Brialyn Chroi wrote:
Pyrrha wrote:

That was an interesting read, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with family religion, I don't think any of them know I'm not a really religious person, I just don't say a thing and we all get along just fine lol

That reminds me, once when I said I was interested in music an aunt suggested I sing christian music because singing about jesus will make you a better person or something, I just nodded along Happy Easter 875454
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Sponsored content

Happy Easter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Easter   Happy Easter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Easter
Page 1 of 1