Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Talk about bring back memories...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Talk about bring back memories... Empty
PostSubject: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 am

Somehow I navigated to Game Trailers and started looking through FFXI and found this user video. Its just a slideshow of screenshots from the early yrs of FFXI, but elders will notice all kinda of events like trains of mobs and other things that have now been removed, and the memories getting wrapped into that stuff...overwhelming!

Another from the same person in their HNM Linkshell
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 am

He/she say what server this was made on? ( a few names / clips have me wondering)
You can still chain mob . There's a way to smn burn and make insane exp per hour , You need about 12 people ( all with smn and ramuh)though 4 have to be high level. My wife was pulling multi levels at one point then about 1 level per go until they all exp capped there.
Back to top Go down
Torpy

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Astral burn parties.. I'd say it's almost like cheating, a bit boring way to level up don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 pm

It is and I have never done it but my wife had a week where she was doing it. You could say the same for pudding parties and a few of the tp burn set ups to though. ( granted those are more for merits). She told me that maze thing offers crazy exp as well. She pulled 6 merits the other day.
I'm the guy that has only been in one party in 63 levels on blu ( having a time figuring out a good place to solo now and continue a good exp per hour)and although I had blm to that level I insisted on beating Maat on rdm. I like a challenge, not hand outs. ( heck, it took me a full year before I would join a group with a PL )
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:06 pm

I never did get to do an AB party on my smn. Always tempted me and seemed fun, but it just never happened. Bones parties were a blast, and oddly enough, good old manaburn parties were challenging and fun. Something about TP burn parties bored the snot outta me. Not sure what it was tho.

OMG! That's Ragnarok! I knew a few of those names were familiar then I saw a couple more and now I know for sure. I actually partied with a few of them on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Torpy

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 pm

You played on Ragnarok? Hey me too! I was Torpedo in the LS Bloodguard :) So did my friend (he's joining us for the return) under the name Darkmana
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Here I thought it was Seraph. A lot of the names I recognize. A name will show up any where
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Ya, but a specific elvaan monk (goldmember) made me know for sure, hell...i still have a screenshot of him somewhere at home. He was in my bones parties. It's been too long but I think this was one of the LSes that tried to recruit my brd way back when. Granted, it's possible it's someone else with the same style elvaan, monk, and named Goldmember, but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Fauste

Fauste

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:51 pm

That first video is really well edited and the music in the first minute is phenomenal for XI. So nostalgic haha.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:03 pm

zippe aka meat puppet made me think it had to be seraph. Ran Garrison with him and did a lot of mana burns. A lot of the other names are names I did a lot of end game with but like I said just about every name is on every server.Any way is does not matter, not interested in getting into an argument over who was where. For all I know the ones I knew transferred there or transferred from there. It happened a lot on Seraph. People would hit end game, realize you either had to go through a long application period, join a shell that could not even clear one dyna, or transfer.
It did make me giggle seeing zippe and wondering if it was that same little taru that had that sigh macro I never could get down right. Little guy used to always 1 point out do my mb's to..it was so frustrating. Onigiri Happy
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Naw, not gonna argue over something trivial like that. Now if they'd spent like 5 minutes in Jueno we'd know for sure, lol. I'm just thinking it was Ragnarok.

Torpy, sorry but neither of those names ring any bells to me. I was a hume female brd named Ayre on Ragnarok, but being a brd means always being /anon. lol. Tho I did spend a lot of time running around with The Calm (TC) to various events, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:19 pm

I'm trying to dig up a naked level 1 run video from Garrison. It is one of those events I think about from time to time. The LS leader at the time did a fraps video of one run. I think it was Windy to Basty with a check point in Jueno . Our best run was Windy to Sandy to Basty.( You could take the boat for that one) Nothing like watching 50+ lvl 1's running for dear life.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Lonestar wrote:

You can still chain mob .

Oh I know, but its just not the same anymore since they disappear now when the chain starter zones or dies and all the mobs de-zone and re-spawn back where they started. I mean come on who doesn't remember the masses of standing around twiddling their thumbs outside Crawler's Nest because there was a mass of mobs standing on the other side of the zone we had to wait for hrs sometimes to disperse and walk back.

Then someone would run by and not notice the mass of us standing there cause we didn't load and he runs in, only to reappear back outside as a corpse cursing us for not warning them...rofl That brings back incredibly great memories...ya just don't get those forced get togethers as often anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:26 pm

I know a few of us got a bad name with rmt's at one point for pulling chains like that on top of them. Back in the "so obviously a bot" days. I recall one time 6 of us tried to pull the entire dunes onto one notorious rmt group. It was a Kodak moment. Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Fauste

Fauste

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:26 pm

Lonestar wrote:
I know a few of us got a bad name with rmt's at one point for pulling chains like that on top of them. Back in the "so obviously a bot" days. I recall one time 6 of us tried to pull the entire dunes onto one notorious rmt group. It was a Kodak moment. Onigiri XD

lol screeeeenshot Onigiri Dancing
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Cole was the most well known mpk'er on seraph . There are plenty of youtubes of his handy work. He was a hero to some of us ( and a huge egomaniac) and a villain to others ( people who bought gil, supported rmts, and rmts themselves)
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:41 pm

It was funny to see the war between the two player made factions back in the day tho. RMT vs Anti-RMT. You never quite knew where all your mobs went and when they'd be coming back.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:56 pm

I seldom did the clear a whole zone thing for that reason. Not everyone in a zone is an rmt so it was unfair to zone clear and kill honest peoples experience. That said..the tree was fair game. Plenty of stuff to pull with out ever hitting the level camp or the ws camp. Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:08 pm

I still remember my friend farming low level crawlers or yags and some newbie whm would be worried and cast a cure on him. A small part of the pack would break off, slaughter the newbie and then resume the chase. Sad and funny all at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Yup, if you see a guy farming in a lowbie zone in af or better..don't heal him should be in the instruction book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bring back memories...   Talk about bring back memories... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk about bring back memories...
Page 1 of 1