Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

What FFXIV Race will you play!?

Go down 
+5
Nimarhie Stardancer
Raijin Tsuji
Kith
Tareith
Khalus Akuhei
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Miqo'te
What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty46%What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty
 46% [ 12 ]
Lalafell
What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty4%What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty
 4% [ 1 ]
Roegadyn
What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty15%What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty
 15% [ 4 ]
Hyur
What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty15%What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty
 15% [ 4 ]
Elezen
What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty12%What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty
 12% [ 3 ]
Unknown 6th Race?
What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty8%What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

What FFXIV Race will you play!? Empty
PostSubject: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:45 am

About time I started a new poll, and the options are kinda limited for now, so as the title asks, What FFXIV Race will you play!? This poll is open for everyone to vote and comment on, Registered Visitor and Member alike!

And if you'd like to elaborate why, please do so below. There is a 6th option for the unknown 6th race that is believed to be announced eventually; at least its been hinted at several times there will be at least one more race to choose from and possibly two!

I'll definitely be playing as the Miqo'te as my main character, but I'd also like to consider playing a Lalafell and Hyur on the side. The unknown 6th race though is mysteriously tempting as well!

Last edited by Khalus on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Miqo'te this time as well, unless I adore the new one for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Mithra or Taru..I refuse to use the new names :P They fixed the models a bit it looks like so "lolfail"( I thought that is how it read first time I saw the name from a glance : / )..err Lalafell look less child like. I like to main short races but part of me wants to go a bit neko.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 am

lolfail and elephants (Elezen). FFXIV should be amusing for the fan translations if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 am

Still though, even the names that have come up here and others will make of them, when its something I love; like Final Fantasy, no matter how odd a name may be I prefer to stick to its original. I know its all in good fun here, but it irks me sometimes when I see others making fun of things they don't understand.

At first I didn't like the Lalafell name, but after we got to see em move...it makes perfect sense and I may be tempted to play one some day on the side....too cute! Elezen I actually like a lot, but even though I really like Elves, and play as one in most other MMOs where avail, I've never been able to bring myself to play as one in FFXI, and doubt I will be able too in FFXIV.

Its all because of the Mithra and Miqo'te really...they are too sexy and well Cat-Girls!!!! How can ya pass that up and play an Elvaan or Elezen...hehe
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:31 pm

personally ever sense i first seen the galkas( planet of the apes comes to mind everytime) i cant get enough. i did like tarus to. i have to find a extreme inevery mmo, cant be a human cause im one IRL, plus im tall so galka is buff and tall im skinny:( and taru wel i havent been that height sense i was a wee lad hhaha
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Unkown 6th race..? Are they saving a surprise for us? I would orgasm is it turned out to be the Viera. xD I love the bunnygirls more than I do the catgirls. <3
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:26 pm

I wouldn't count on the Viera, as unique as they are. No official word on if there is a new race but no out right denying it and the art leads the community to believe there might be one.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I'm pretty sure there will be a new race, if not from one of the Final Fantasy games already it'll be something new, if not 2 more, and from one of the quotes Tanaka said when asked about the opposite sex for Miqo'te and Roegadyn, he said, "they are the same as FFXI for now!"

He's being very sly about it so there could be those or new stuff yet to be announced, but I'm voting on the latter...the last thing we need are male Miqo'te as their would be so fracken many of them running around!
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Im not holding my breath about viera, but Id be beyond happy to have them added.
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:17 am

Maybe I will have my wish granted and I will be able to play a Mog ( then I could be my own best friend 0o :P )
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:20 am

Yeah I don't think that will ever happen...only way you can play as Mog or a Moogle is in FFVI...hehe
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:41 pm

True, but a nerd can dream :p
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 pm

heh, seems the Miqo'te are popular among us...we can be a meow meow guild...rofl!
Back to top Go down
Ayaneko

Ayaneko

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 3:28 am

Heh, voted for the 6th race just because I'm equally torn between cat-girls and little-pudgy-mice-people =)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Well its interesting to see that everyone tends to dislike the Elezen...well I don't hate them, but just like the Elvaan never could enjoy playing as one; unlike how I enjoy playing Elves in other fantasy MMOs. Just something about them...prolly the mass distorted look of them I suppose, even though they are better proportioned in FFXIV it appears.

Their run and massive butt always turned me off...so silly! Onigiri Scared

Last edited by Khalus on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:28 pm

lol..and I am the 1 Lalafell. Onigiri Happy Hands
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Yeah the Miqo'te are definitely in favor, but I may consider trying a Lalafell for once...Taru are so damnd cute, and if this turns out to be our online home for years to come I'm sure I'll have time to squeeze in a 2nd char.
Back to top Go down
Ayaneko

Ayaneko

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:01 pm

lol, am I the only for who thinks that Elezen race and the blue people from Avatar are the same things just painted differently?
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 pm

It's the neck. Even moreso with FFXI's Elvaan.
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Galka or elvaan, I think :) Probably Galka, but I hate how they don't have tails in FFXIV... *holds his severed tail in his hands and cries* ; ;
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:45 pm

hehe...well you're now the tallest race, so not all bad! Still have the brunt Galka looking faces though...always liked them.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:15 am

And the lack of the ladies. >.><.< >.>
Back to top Go down
Fauste

Fauste

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Lonestar wrote:
And the lack of the ladies. >.><.< >.>

They're out there.. You just have to open your eyes!

What FFXIV Race will you play!? Cff2756a-7b05-41a3-963c-6b624c8713d3.widec
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:00 pm

I said ladies...not demons Onigiri Dead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What FFXIV Race will you play!?   What FFXIV Race will you play!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next