Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?

Go down 
+16
Monk Deode
Xzen Corvus
Cecilia White
Lathara
Musufasa Truecheuss
Elocke Sern
Raijin Tsuji
Theft
Ianthe Reine
Kith
Tareith
Khalus Akuhei
Luxtra Vherr
Satha Kuuetsija
Citrond
Foju Kaisiepo
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which Platform will you play FFXIV on?
PS3
Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Empty26%Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Empty
 26% [ 6 ]
PC
Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Empty74%Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Empty
 74% [ 17 ]
360 ( assuming it's included )
Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Empty0%Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Empty
PostSubject: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Hm, actually im pretty interested to know which platform you guys are gonna use for XIV, as we know the probability of MS's 360 for FFXIV are getting Hot in Rumors

so let's assume 360 are included, we have PC, PS3 and 360

-----------------

well i will be using my PS3 Slim, not only i enjoy using the Sixaxis Controller, but also, i have this nice couch that i must sit on when i play on my games! haha so a couch + little nice 24inch Monitor definitely will relax me while playing

so go ahead and go with the poll, it's interesting to see the result at the end of the day =)
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:11 pm

PS3 :)
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Definitely PC. Not only is mine more powerful than a PS3, but I have a 3D ready monitor! That means it has a refresh rate of 120hz, double the normal. Plus if I ever decide to get the 3D glasses, I'll be able to play FFXIV in 3D! Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Gyotsha wrote:
Definitely PC. Not only is mine more powerful than a PS3, but I have a 3D ready monitor! That means it has a refresh rate of 120hz, double the normal. Plus if I ever decide to get the 3D glasses, I'll be able to play FFXIV in 3D! Onigiri XD

/boasting off

I'll be playing on PC, I find it so much easier that way to get updates, expansions, add-ons, etc.

Plus my PS3 has zomgwtf crappy low disk space
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Not boasting! Giving my reasons and showing my excitment!

And how much space did your ps3 come with? o.o
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:25 pm

BOASTING lol

20GB, this was back when they were still newish and I just wanted one now, instead of waiting for a better model to become available. So I got my PS3 back before they cut the PS2 compatability, but yet I got the only model back then that didn't have it. Now I can always get a bigger, better one, but no more PS2 compatabilities. Damn you Sony!
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Just upgrade your space then!
I'll even give you a link to a nice, cheap one!
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136280
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm not operating on my PS3! chances are I'll flatline and will have signed a DNR and then I'll be forced to buy a new one, I don't need the space anyway because I'm going to be playing on the PC, remembar?! PS2 thing isn't that big a deal I still have my PS2, it just sucks and is old. All I can hope is that someday they'll release a better PS3 with PS2 compatability that I can replace the one I have now with, til then it's not a major issue.
Back to top Go down
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:14 pm

well yeah, actually one of the major downside playing MMO in Console is that, the graphics will always be like that, while the PC can get better and better from specs wise

actually i have both a medium end PC and PS3, but because a lot of the PS2 FFXI players have said that playing with Controllers and a Keyboard is actually pretty nice, that is why i decided to try XIV on my PS3, and ill decide if it's living up to it's reputation or not, and i could always switch to PC, but for now, my options remains on PS3
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 am

Playing with controllers is great. I also had FFXI for the ps2. Once I started using a controller for ffxi, I just couldn't go back. Well. I went back to the PC version. I just had to buy a controller for my PC.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:39 am

PC all the way...don't like controllers much unless its a console only game.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:22 am

I'll try both, why not? Mostly PC I'd imagine unless it plays much better on PS3.
Back to top Go down
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:09 pm

PC is already gonna win Graphic wise, hands down
and also if you play in PC, you will have the advantage over UI customization or some official add ons that is very unlikely for PS3 users

the only few reason for some people to have it on ps3 is because of the "couch" with some huge TV screen which will really make the graphic looks stunning

*imagining playing FFXIV on 42 inch and a comfy couch... life is wonderful Onigiri Dance
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:28 pm

Twefoju wrote:

*imagining playing FFXIV on 42 inch and a comfy couch... life is wonderful Onigiri Dance

*Has a 40" HDTV Monitor already for PC!*
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:13 am

I'll likely get it for my PS2 as well, so I can play it on a 42" TV whilst sitting on my couch. Only if I like the game though.
Back to top Go down
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:23 am

damn, 42 for PC.. *_*

mustt get onee.... *no budget*
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:48 am

Down to a computer the company my wife supplied for her to remote access servers so I'll be playing on the ps3. ( And no, she won't let me add a gaming rig to our biz start up cost..I already asked Onigiri Crying ) 42 inch hd tv so it won't be that bad and the wireless controller means I can play from the kitchen while I cook or grab my coffee. Onigiri Drink
Back to top Go down
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Lonestar wrote:
Down to a computer the company my wife supplied for her to remote access servers so I'll be playing on the ps3. ( And no, she won't let me add a gaming rig to our biz start up cost..I already asked Onigiri Crying ) 42 inch hd tv so it won't be that bad and the wireless controller means I can play from the kitchen while I cook or grab my coffee. Onigiri Drink
haha, wow idk how your wife would feel when she saw ou cook and play FFXIV at the same time Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:39 pm

I bring my laptop down with me to the kitchen and play FFXI while cooking sometimes. xD
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:56 pm

I like that you can multi-task with FFXI, I can sometimes play my PS3 while in a party :D
Back to top Go down
Theft

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Started FFXI on the ps2 and will continue the tradition on the ps3. :)
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:31 pm

PC all the way i just hook my tower up to my 64inch hd tc :_) my fiance will be playing on ps3 though she cant do pc games well-.- don know why
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:52 pm

PS3. I can't afford to upgrade my PC, again, lol, so I'll just use what I already have. Besides, I want to experience the beauty of FFXIV in 1080p 40 inch widescreen wonder from the comfort of my couch/bed/chair, wherever I play it.

Only thing I will have to invest in is a mouse and keyboard and some type of mini lap table to put the keyboard on. Haven't figured this part out yet...
Back to top Go down
Musufasa Truecheuss

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 pm

PC version for me, I just spent a small fortune building a new pc just for this game, and for 3 monitor support.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:19 am

Now that we know the release dates, it looks like it will be PC for me as well. LOL, oh well, I was wanting to upgrade my processor, hopefully I can do it for a decent price and soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?   Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Platform are you gonna use to play FFXIV?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next